2009 Volkswagen CC

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

2013 CC LUX--Euro Attitude & Road Feel

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "DESIGN, ROAD FEEL, FIT & FINISH, INTERIOR QUALITY"

Cons: "NO REARVIEW CAMERA EXCEPT ON V6; TRICKY VISIBILITY"

"I am a former owner of Audi and Subaru, and this is my first non-AWD car in a long time. After two test drives, the great road feel of the CC sold me. It feels like at Audi but costs thousands less! Unique exterior contours and styling, solid ride, quiet cabin, crisp acceleration, and a sporty drive feel with nicely tuned suspension and a taut German attitude give this car a unique personality. It has an elegant, simply designed interior, zero wind noise and it corners like a sport sedan costing thousands more. Superb looking Euro-designed two-tone upholstery (tan/black) with great back/lumbar support and bolsters, seat heaters and 12-way power seats...although they're not real leather. (At first, I was a little disappointed.) Well-thought out engineering and design features throughout, from the VW CarGo trunk organizer option to the chiller in the glove box and the mini glovebox to the left of the steering wheel (both standard). Simple but easy-to-use navi system, Bluetooth and a decent standard stereo system. I'm 6' feet tall with very long legs and there's no shortage of room for me. Rear a/c vents help cool/warm comfortable rear seats. One thing I wish I could have gotten but couldn't get without upgrading to the unnecessary V6 and that's a back-up camera. This car does present some visibility issues given its low roof line, high trunk, wide center pillar and steeply raked rear window. I've gotten used to it but it is a challenge until you do. I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase. I look for every reason to go for a drive...the longer, the better. Don't even think about buying an A4, a 3 series, a TSX or a G37 until you drive the CC for comparison's sake. (By the way, I didn't rate reliability because I haven't owned the car long enough to know...but so far, so good.)"

Beautiful to look at, fun to drive.

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and looks more expensive than it is."

Cons: "It takes a while to adjust to some of the controls"

"I have a CC Sport with the 2.0L turbo and 6 speed manual. I just returned from a round trip drive from Northern Ohio to Florida, with four adults and luggage for a week. The car was comfortable and never felt under powered. The CC is fun to drive and very well equipped for the price. We have no complaints about the rear visibility or the rear seat. The car is beautiful on the outside and the interior is well designed with good quality materials and plenty of amenities."

So far, so good.

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Style,comfort,performance,value"

Cons: "can get pricey in Lux or Executive trim."

"Just bought a new '13 CC Sport Plus, only 600 miles so far, but all is well. I prefer the new refreshed styling versus the '09-'12 CC, looks more upscale to me. These cars are fun to drive without being too thirsty, have unique styling without a total loss of function. In fact it's a more useful/functional car than I expected,try the back seat, it's good place to be. There are a number of nifty comfort/convenience features that often get eliminated from volume mid-size sedans to cut costs. Among "entry-luxury" sedans I think the CC is tough to beat."

Lovely affordable sport/luxury car and good on gas

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

"Great car! Best I've owned so far. Lovely affordable sport/luxury car and good on gas. The way it looks is sleek, dynamic and hot. The 2.0T motor mated to the 6-speed DSG tranny is really dynamic. Corners well, quiet inside, nice options. Truly a great car. Drawbacks: although the sound system is decent to good, I would've preferred the "Fender" sound system, but this is not offered as a separate option. Also, the 2 seats in the rear are sporty and has a nice console in the center, but should probably have 3 seats in the backseat(s)."

Wonderful Car

By on Friday, April 02, 2010

"I love the styling, the power, the fact I get great gas mileage, and the fact that there aren't a bunch of them out there. I often get people looking the car over and admiring it. The navigation system is great. I am 6'5" and often have trouble with headroom - but this car, because of how the moonroof is positioned, has plenty of room. All in all, I am extremely happy with this car!!"

Don't get scammed

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"VW website says CC Luxury comes with dual zone climate control. What they don't say is that it is not standard in the 2010 only in the 2009. Discovered this after taking delivery and VW says website is incorrect but will not adjust for the problem. Buyer beware and check with dealer before purchase."

CC VR6 could be 'poor man's' A7

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Unique styling; Amazing in S mode; Great sound sys"

Cons: "Vibration fr gas pedal; need more supportive seats"

"PROS- Eye catching inside and out/ Great power in S mode/ Awesome sound system/ Impressive handling/ Good car for family with small kids/ Spacious trunk CONS- Vibration/feedback from gas pedal (had a BMW 330ci with 18" rims as well and didn't have that annoyance)/ Could use more side support on drivers seat/ Back up camera not as wide a visual zone as my previous 2009 Maxima/ No sliding sunroof (almost didn't buy car for this reason) (Previous cars Saab, BMW, Maxima as my basis of comparison)"

Nice car but dissappointing front end for 2013

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "2.0L turbo engin, DSG, bi-zenon and DRL LED lights"

Cons: "Lame front end"

"MY 2009 - 2012 were nice. You get upgraded to bi-zenon and DRL LED lights for 2013. However, the redesigned front end looks identical to a regular Passat -- very disappointing. I should have picked up a 2012 CC instead. I previously owned a 2009 CC -- beautiful car."

I love this Car!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "awesome in every way! Fun to drive"

"This is the most awesome car. I don't think I will ever go back to driving American Made vehicles. Comfort, ease of handling, stylish. Love the turbos, can feel them kick in and off you go! The car has awesome pick up and go. It makes driving fun! People stare at my car & ask what it is. In my area CC's aren't very popular. In fact, I have one of the first in my town!"

Great on the highway

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Perfect car for long drives"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I bought my CC Lux Plus three months ago and took the whole family across the country. Loved every minute of it. This car is great on the highway. City driving is less fun, there is some sort of delay when you step on the gas but on the highway you can accelerate easily. The seats are comfortable but very low to the ground making it hard to get out. I wish my model had air in the seats (there's holes for air but no air) but I think that option is available. It is like driving a luxury car without the big sticker on it that screams luxury. Understated, beautiful and fun to drive."