2002 Volkswagen Cabrio

6.7

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2000 - 2002 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10

Just loved it

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"Bought in 2003 w/5K miles. Runs like a top. Lots of fun, easy to drive, parks on a dime. Heated leather seats are a luxurious touch. No power surge, disappointed that there was no "deal" on gas mileage, but it was not designed to be. No leaks, few sensor issues, wish I could keep it. Has 59K miles now, must sell it to leave country. It was my 4th VW, have always trusted them!"

Fun ride for summer months!!!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive; great mileage; cute!"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"Living in upstate NY, the car is stored in winter. However, when we get our sunny times (about 6 months out of the year), I take this car out and use it for my daily drive. It makes commuting to and from work a mini-vacation. It handles like a sports car and sips gas like an ecnono-model. I love it!"

Worst vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Reason: too numerous to detail

Pros: "My wife thought it was a cute car."

Cons: "problems, problems, problems!"

"bought it used with around 97,000 miles and had one problem after another. The power windows were always a problem, up and down when you were just wanting them to go up, then the passenger side quit altogether. At about 120,000 miles The transmission wouldn't go into overdrive. Several other smaller issues occured in the 3 years I had it and now I'm just glad to have gotten rid of it. Sorry VW, but will not by another Volkswagon because of this one."

Good, Bad, but not Ugly

By on Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Have had my 2002 for almost 4 years. Cruise control only works when it wants to. I had a problem with the power windows too, especially if I turned on the rear defroster, but after constantly replacing a #10 fuse, I replaced it with a #15, and haven't had any trouble since. I really think the thing has too many bells and whistles for the electrical system to handle long term. Check Engine light stays on now, and it has leaked around the driver's side window @ the roof line since I bought it. BUT, no major mechanical trouble, great gas mileage, and a darn sweet ride in the summer with the top down! Front seats are comfortable...back seat...not so much. I MIGHT recommend it to a friend, but only as a second vehicle."

vacation dream car

By on Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"I previously owned an 87 Cabriolet. Loved it so much, I bought this 02. It was once stolen-but they couldn't figure out how to put the convert. top up- so they ditched it at the next intersection(HA!) This car is fun, attractive, reliable, much roomier than it looks-both inside and trunk. I once drove home a new waterheater. Also a 6-footX 40" assembled cat condo/climber. I put in a new CD system and now I feel like I'm on permanent vacation. You will love this car- easily park in tight spaces."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Cabrio near Honolulu. See local deals