2014 Volkswagen Beetle Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,785 - $25,297.

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

The "Bug" is back!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Sporty and Quick, Comfortable"

Cons: "Plastic Dash!"

"A great little car for the money. If your looking for something with a primo feel and look this is your car. The Turbo model is the way to go! More power and better fuel mileage than the 2.5L. The 2.0 TSI motor is strong and has great reliabilty (I have 2009 VW GTI with the same motor and a lot more miles). The seating is clean and comfortable, even on long 4+ hour trips. Tech and comfort in the car has improved over the out going model(1998-2010). It has enough to keep you happy, but not so much that it takes away from the classic/retro feel."

Reliable, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Handles road well and very well build!"

Cons: "Hard to get into back seat."

"I have owned many VW's in my lifetime. They are not only reliable, but attractive and fun to drive. They handle the roads well. The VW Beetle seems particularly good in the snow."

A quirky but unmistakable icon!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Character, comfortable, quick, fun."

Cons: "So-so fuel economy, some interior quality issues"

"I bought my 2012 Beetle as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a local VW dealership. It has been the car of my dreams since I was a kid (even though I am a guy). I bought my Tornado Red bug cash and drove home with a smile on my face. Mine had the window issue, which was replaced under warranty. I also had my seat cushion replaced from collapsing (no, I am not fat), a few speakers replaced due to rattling, and an attempt at silencing some squeaks and rattles in the interior. Everything was replaced effortlessly, but the squeaks and rattles come and go. In the bigger picture, it is a minor issue. It is roomy up front (I am 6ft tall) and is comfortable for extended drives. It rides well and soaks up bumps. It isn't "sporty" but can definitely be tossed around a bit. Mechanically the car is a dream. The 2.5 5 cylinder is the safe way to go; it is a tried and true powertrain with the 6-speed auto. It is not fast, but very torquey and pulls. Gas mileage lags in city, and could be better highway but VW's gas engines were never known to be fuel efficient. I average about 23-24 mpg in mixed driving and 29-30 mpg on full highway trips. Not too bad when you consider the size of the engine and the power you get. All in all, I am completely satisfied with my bug. I plan to never get rid of it and keep it by my side, even as a second car. It is an unmistakable fashion statement and icon. It is something that people of all ages can point out in a crowd. Buy one, but get a later model (2013+) they seemed to have worked the bugs out of those. (no pun intended haha)"

Best iteration since the vintage Super Beetle

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Most enjoyable Beetle yet !!"

Cons: "30 MPG Are you kidding?"

"This is our 5th Beetles over the years including 3 original Beetles ('73 Super Beetle which I still own) and the old 'New Beetle' Cabriolet. So far, I love everything about it. I love the power of the 2.0 Liter turbo. I love the smooth shifting 6 speed manual transmission. It drives so much nicer than the old new Beetle. It doesn't even have a 3 feet long dash board or the less than useful flower vase. I love the ability to stream Bluetooth audio, two tiers glove boxes, big cup holders, cool lighting effects and the cool albeit fake flat-four-noise they piped over the speakers. I love the new wide stance, alloy pedals, dual exhaust, big rear wing and the big 18" wheels too!!! The downside of the entire car is fuel consumption. There are many vehicles with bigger engine displacement and more cylinders that get much better fuel economy. They're just not as much fun."

i love this car

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "window malfunctioning"

"this is a great car that rides very well and of course looks nice too although the window malfunctioned and had to be repaired other than that it is a wonderful car"