2014 Volkswagen Beetle Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,720 - $27,087.

10/7.2

7.3

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.1/10
    7.4/10
    7.2/10

The VW proved "you can't go back in time "!

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun for short rides, great price."

Cons: "Steering is very loose!"

"Having had a 1966 VW in 1976, I was young, much lighter and had no car experience, I was 23. I loved my bug, with no heat, no air, and no working defrosters, it was my baby. I grew up and moved on with different types of cars, staying with more mid size comfort type cars. So, no judging please, I knew their would be major differences in ride etc. when I went with the bug! When the new remodeled VW bug rolled out in 2012, I fell into the nostalgia trance of the old 1966 bug. I drove the 2012 found it to be a lot of fun and decided to lease one. First, it is a lot of fun to drive, it is smart looking, and it has more head room than you were expect. However, I can not tolerate any trip more than 1 hr as you feel everything the road has to offer, dips,rough roads etc., the steering is my main issue. The wheel is so loose you must keep both hands on the wheel at all times in a death like grip, ensuring you don't go off the road!! I did bring the car back to check it out, I was told that the steering is working as designedly! I am trading this puppy in even as we speak."

A quirky but unmistakable icon!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Character, comfortable, quick, fun."

Cons: "So-so fuel economy, some interior quality issues"

"I bought my 2012 Beetle as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a local VW dealership. It has been the car of my dreams since I was a kid (even though I am a guy). I bought my Tornado Red bug cash and drove home with a smile on my face. Mine had the window issue, which was replaced under warranty. I also had my seat cushion replaced from collapsing (no, I am not fat), a few speakers replaced due to rattling, and an attempt at silencing some squeaks and rattles in the interior. Everything was replaced effortlessly, but the squeaks and rattles come and go. In the bigger picture, it is a minor issue. It is roomy up front (I am 6ft tall) and is comfortable for extended drives. It rides well and soaks up bumps. It isn't "sporty" but can definitely be tossed around a bit. Mechanically the car is a dream. The 2.5 5 cylinder is the safe way to go; it is a tried and true powertrain with the 6-speed auto. It is not fast, but very torquey and pulls. Gas mileage lags in city, and could be better highway but VW's gas engines were never known to be fuel efficient. I average about 23-24 mpg in mixed driving and 29-30 mpg on full highway trips. Not too bad when you consider the size of the engine and the power you get. All in all, I am completely satisfied with my bug. I plan to never get rid of it and keep it by my side, even as a second car. It is an unmistakable fashion statement and icon. It is something that people of all ages can point out in a crowd. Buy one, but get a later model (2013+) they seemed to have worked the bugs out of those. (no pun intended haha)"

best car ever

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "great price, comfort seating, good traction"

Cons: "doesn't pump its own gas"

"This is my 3rd VW Beetle in a row. I had a 1999, 2006 and now this, my 2013. I have traveled the US from Maine to Florida and NJ to CA. I won't drive anything else unless someone would give me a free car. I will only buy VW products. Best comfort for sitting long periods of time. I have even slept in the car comfortably during my travels and I am 5'10". I get about 34 mpg/hwy when the avg norm is 28 mpg/hwy. I recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to haul a houseful, although I have moved a studio apt in mine. Take care of your car and it will take care of you."

FANATSTIC CAR, TRULY A WELL ENGINEERED AUTOMOBILE

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "price, horsepower, design, a blast to drive, mpg"

"2012 Launch Edition Beetle. This car has been a solid, solid well built vehicle. This car is very well designed. Handles corners very well. This car is high class German engineering at its finest. 200 horsepower, other than a little turbo lag, this little car is quick. I am a little under 6 foot tall and around 300 pounds, and I am not cramped in this car, however the driver's seat is designed for someone a bit smaller. I commute to work which is hills and curves and I average 35.5 mpg. Now that premium fuel is reasonably priced, filling it up. Trunk area will surprise you with how much it will hold. Tires are somewhat expensive and not eas to find (19") but look great and handle very well."

Excellent Quallity and Design

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "great price point very fun to drive"

Cons: "back seat accessability"

"Very Sporty Fun to Drive Handles like a sports car. The styling was my first attraction along with the price point."