2014 Volkswagen Beetle Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,992 - $18,928.

10/7.2

7.6

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10

love it!

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "love lt"

Cons: "love it"

"love it!!!"

comfortable and economical convertible

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Electronics.....Maybe"

"So far so good Puts you in a good mood when driving. Concerned about power window issues but none yet."

A Classic in Style and Performance

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Fantastic and fun to drive."

Cons: "Well it doesn't have a V-10 and won't seat eight ."

The view you see on the freeway

"Having owned a Porsche 911 ST the Volkswagen 5 cylinder is an excellent alternative to spending a small fortune on a car that still has four wheels and handles like a dream. Comfort an control and awesome ride with power sufficient to cruising from Eugene to San Francisco on I-5 or a more mellow ride down the beautiful scenic Highway 101 Coastal scenic byway. I owned a '59 XK 120 and found out the hard way that only seven bolts hold the frontend on. The Beetle handles as well and is easier on the pocketbook when it comes to service which is an uncommon event compared to either the Porsche or the Jaguar. Like I said a classic car in the making."

The view you see on the freeway

This is my 10th VW and I have always been thrilled

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, value, fun to drive and curbs well."

Cons: "None."

"This week, I purchased my 10th VW. It's my 7th Beetle--3 were convertibles. The other 3 were Jettas. I have never been disappointed. After owning many other makes, I always come back to VW because of the reliability, value and joy to drive. Several of my Beetles had over 138K miles and still ran great. I've never had a problem with any and hope my luck continues."

Reliable, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Handles road well and very well build!"

Cons: "Hard to get into back seat."

"I have owned many VW's in my lifetime. They are not only reliable, but attractive and fun to drive. They handle the roads well. The VW Beetle seems particularly good in the snow."

An excellent ride and beauty.

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "smooth ride, comfortable ride, beautiful, cheap."

Cons: "small, but fun, no other problems"

"The vehicle that i have is denim blue in color. it has an amazingly smooth ride. it is in very good condition and it has never caused any problems for me. if you like small comfortable cars, this is the car for you."

Excellent Compact Car

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive because of the awesome motor"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"This is my Fifth V.W... I've had 1969,1974,2001 Beetles and a 1962 Notchback. I have had many other cars in between but this time I returned to Volkswagen for their excellent Turbo Diesel,(TDI). I commute 140 miles a day round trip and I need good fuel economy, longevity and reliability. My previous commuter,(2013 Chev.Cruze), let me down after 61k. So I went back to V.W... I chose the Beetle because of the roomy front seat. I'm 6'3" and 250. This car rides like a much larger car while maintaining very good handling characteristics. The engine is awesome! It will keep up with So.Cal. traffic with no problem at all. Average traffic speed on So.Cal. Freeways during off peak hours is 80 mph. Passing is amazing, just step on the pedal and feel the torque. Seldom do I have to down shift to pass anybody. Yes I have a 6-speed manual. I have seen 50 mpg so far. My average is 44 mpg because I run at approx. 78 mph most of the time. The only complaint I have is wind noise and some road noise emitting through the rear hatch. Other than that, I love the car. It has 6100 miles on it and its only two and half months old. No problems have surfaced. This motor has a reputation of running 300-400k. We'll see."

A quirky but unmistakable icon!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Character, comfortable, quick, fun."

Cons: "So-so fuel economy, some interior quality issues"

"I bought my 2012 Beetle as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a local VW dealership. It has been the car of my dreams since I was a kid (even though I am a guy). I bought my Tornado Red bug cash and drove home with a smile on my face. Mine had the window issue, which was replaced under warranty. I also had my seat cushion replaced from collapsing (no, I am not fat), a few speakers replaced due to rattling, and an attempt at silencing some squeaks and rattles in the interior. Everything was replaced effortlessly, but the squeaks and rattles come and go. In the bigger picture, it is a minor issue. It is roomy up front (I am 6ft tall) and is comfortable for extended drives. It rides well and soaks up bumps. It isn't "sporty" but can definitely be tossed around a bit. Mechanically the car is a dream. The 2.5 5 cylinder is the safe way to go; it is a tried and true powertrain with the 6-speed auto. It is not fast, but very torquey and pulls. Gas mileage lags in city, and could be better highway but VW's gas engines were never known to be fuel efficient. I average about 23-24 mpg in mixed driving and 29-30 mpg on full highway trips. Not too bad when you consider the size of the engine and the power you get. All in all, I am completely satisfied with my bug. I plan to never get rid of it and keep it by my side, even as a second car. It is an unmistakable fashion statement and icon. It is something that people of all ages can point out in a crowd. Buy one, but get a later model (2013+) they seemed to have worked the bugs out of those. (no pun intended haha)"

best car ever

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "great price, comfort seating, good traction"

Cons: "doesn't pump its own gas"

"This is my 3rd VW Beetle in a row. I had a 1999, 2006 and now this, my 2013. I have traveled the US from Maine to Florida and NJ to CA. I won't drive anything else unless someone would give me a free car. I will only buy VW products. Best comfort for sitting long periods of time. I have even slept in the car comfortably during my travels and I am 5'10". I get about 34 mpg/hwy when the avg norm is 28 mpg/hwy. I recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to haul a houseful, although I have moved a studio apt in mine. Take care of your car and it will take care of you."

FANATSTIC CAR, TRULY A WELL ENGINEERED AUTOMOBILE

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "price, horsepower, design, a blast to drive, mpg"

"2012 Launch Edition Beetle. This car has been a solid, solid well built vehicle. This car is very well designed. Handles corners very well. This car is high class German engineering at its finest. 200 horsepower, other than a little turbo lag, this little car is quick. I am a little under 6 foot tall and around 300 pounds, and I am not cramped in this car, however the driver's seat is designed for someone a bit smaller. I commute to work which is hills and curves and I average 35.5 mpg. Now that premium fuel is reasonably priced, filling it up. Trunk area will surprise you with how much it will hold. Tires are somewhat expensive and not eas to find (19") but look great and handle very well."