2013 Volkswagen Beetle

7.7

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

2014 R-line Review

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Distinct look, clean interior, fender sound"

Cons: "Fair turbo lag."

"My rating is based on a 29k r-line beetle. Overall I love my car. it has a distinct look inside and out and is well worth getting the r-line trim. It has a FENDER sound system which is a true luxury. Interior wise the dash with its touchscreen and "carbon fiber" look is clean. The fabric seats are my least favorite when compared to my brother's fabric seats (2012 Golf GTI). I am 5'7 and my brother is 6'2 and we both fit comfortably driving. Back seat is virtually non-existent without front people pressed against dashboard. Basically a 2-seater. There is a tad of turbo lag which isn't the end of the world in my opinion being that i don't slam the gas pedal at every green light. Average driver may not even notice. VW are good, reliable vehicles for the price."

Outstanding, fun, zippy, smart car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Funnest car ever!!"

Cons: "Backseat a little uncomfortable for passengers."

"I get more looks and compliments on this car! It is a showstopper everywhere I go heads turn! Funnest car ever!"

Love the Beetle!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great sound system"

Cons: "no trunk release inside car, blind spots"

"I wanted a Beetle for 10 years, and I finally got the Turbo convertible when they returned to the market. It is super fun to drive and love the Fender sound system! We also have a Mercedes ML350, but I prefer to drive the Beetle! Aside from a few minor things such as no trunk release from inside the car and the doors ding easily, I love the car!"

Not a good car

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Fuel economy, performance, reliability"

"This is my second time having a VW Beetle. The first one was a 1998 Bug which was a very unreliable car. It had the well known window problems, air conditioning and heater core had to be replaced and at 60K the head gasket cracked. That was the worse car I have ever owned. After that experience I told myself that I would never buy a VW again, well that all changed fourteen years later when the new 2012 beetles arrived. I was thinking that after all of these years the quality and reliability of the VW beetle should have improved. So, I decided to give VW another try, which was a bad mistake. The performance of the car is pretty underwhelming in that it is sluggish and has considerable turbo lag. Further, the fuel economy is poor around 23-26 mpg on premium fuel (turbo model). Poor quality in material, lots of cheap plastics and fabrics in the interior. You would think paying 24k for a car that the interior would have some type of leather covering. The front seats are not holding up well, the seat cushion has pretty much worn away. Therefore when I am driving I am pretty much sitting on the seat frame. Reliability is poor, the blower motor for the heater/ air conditioner failed at 3k miles. Presently, the blower motor for the AC/Heater decided to stop working again so I have an appointment to take the car back to the dealership for the same problem! I have owned this car for one year and it has under 30K miles and it has been in the shop twice. I hate to think about how reliable this car will be in a couple more years."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Great price. Fun to drive"

"Have owned for 3 years. Fabulous car. Highly recommend"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals