2013 Volkswagen Beetle

7.6

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10

A Classic in Style and Performance

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Fantastic and fun to drive."

Cons: "Well it doesn't have a V-10 and won't seat eight ."

The view you see on the freeway

"Having owned a Porsche 911 ST the Volkswagen 5 cylinder is an excellent alternative to spending a small fortune on a car that still has four wheels and handles like a dream. Comfort an control and awesome ride with power sufficient to cruising from Eugene to San Francisco on I-5 or a more mellow ride down the beautiful scenic Highway 101 Coastal scenic byway. I owned a '59 XK 120 and found out the hard way that only seven bolts hold the frontend on. The Beetle handles as well and is easier on the pocketbook when it comes to service which is an uncommon event compared to either the Porsche or the Jaguar. Like I said a classic car in the making."

The view you see on the freeway

This is my 10th VW and I have always been thrilled

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, value, fun to drive and curbs well."

Cons: "None."

"This week, I purchased my 10th VW. It's my 7th Beetle--3 were convertibles. The other 3 were Jettas. I have never been disappointed. After owning many other makes, I always come back to VW because of the reliability, value and joy to drive. Several of my Beetles had over 138K miles and still ran great. I've never had a problem with any and hope my luck continues."

Reliable, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Handles road well and very well build!"

Cons: "Hard to get into back seat."

"I have owned many VW's in my lifetime. They are not only reliable, but attractive and fun to drive. They handle the roads well. The VW Beetle seems particularly good in the snow."

An excellent ride and beauty.

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "smooth ride, comfortable ride, beautiful, cheap."

Cons: "small, but fun, no other problems"

"The vehicle that i have is denim blue in color. it has an amazingly smooth ride. it is in very good condition and it has never caused any problems for me. if you like small comfortable cars, this is the car for you."

Excellent Compact Car

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive because of the awesome motor"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"This is my Fifth V.W... I've had 1969,1974,2001 Beetles and a 1962 Notchback. I have had many other cars in between but this time I returned to Volkswagen for their excellent Turbo Diesel,(TDI). I commute 140 miles a day round trip and I need good fuel economy, longevity and reliability. My previous commuter,(2013 Chev.Cruze), let me down after 61k. So I went back to V.W... I chose the Beetle because of the roomy front seat. I'm 6'3" and 250. This car rides like a much larger car while maintaining very good handling characteristics. The engine is awesome! It will keep up with So.Cal. traffic with no problem at all. Average traffic speed on So.Cal. Freeways during off peak hours is 80 mph. Passing is amazing, just step on the pedal and feel the torque. Seldom do I have to down shift to pass anybody. Yes I have a 6-speed manual. I have seen 50 mpg so far. My average is 44 mpg because I run at approx. 78 mph most of the time. The only complaint I have is wind noise and some road noise emitting through the rear hatch. Other than that, I love the car. It has 6100 miles on it and its only two and half months old. No problems have surfaced. This motor has a reputation of running 300-400k. We'll see."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals