2013 Volkswagen Beetle Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,029 - $23,348.

10/7.3

7.0

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

6.7/10
    7.5/10
    7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10

good car but could be better.

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "great looking car, swift acceleration"

Cons: "hard to park, steering, low to the ground"

"I have a 2013 black beetle 2.5 base model. i had 2 other Volkswagens which was a 2003 new beetle 2.0 and a 2007 GTI. this beetle i find it is decent car the gas milage is not that great compared to my other volkswagens i get about 20 city and 30 highway. i have about 23000 miles on this car and no issues at the moment. my major complaint is the steering is awful i feel like i am driving huge truck and because of the odd shape it is more difficult to park. this car is decent but i would spend a little extra money and get the turbo."

Wonderful...So Far

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Turbo, Retro interior, Handeling"

Cons: "I'm a guy in a beetle :-/"

"Can't complain, yet. I get about 8-9 days out of the gas tank. The Turbo is great. Looks 10 times better than the last design. The red/white/blue interior lighting is amusing as well."

Form over function

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: ""peppy" drivetrain"

Cons: "uncomfortable, along with poor visibility"

"This review is based on a 7-day rental. My car was in the shop for repairs required by a parking lot hit and run. I was assigned a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle as a loaner for the duration. The VW had 2.5L 5-cyl engine with a 6-spd auto. The drive train was OK. Enough power, but it did not deliver it smoothly. It torqued up quickly, but unevenly - with a lot of noise. The ride and handling were OK but not particularly impressive. The interior was cramped and uncomfortable, and the visibility - both front and rear - was horrible. If you think this car is "cute" and that's all that matters, go ahead and buy it. I think VW builds a quality product (I have owned 4 of them - in the distant past). However, a VW Golf might be a much more practical choice. As I drove my 2009 Accord (with 58,000 miles) home from the shop, it felt like I was driving a brand new car - in comparison. Better ride, handling, visibility, comfort - and it was much quieter. Shop wisely. "Cute" can only take you so far."

Form over function

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: ""peppy" drivetrain"

Cons: "uncomfortable, along with poor visibility"

an exotic beetle

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "fun fun car head turner"

Cons: "more roar on the engine when you step on gas"

"this is a head turner, looks like porsche. it has a much softer ride than a porshe and it handles the road close to one. has plenty of power up winding hills i drove it up 3,000ft. mountain in drive and it never hesitated in the climb.it also has real good stoping power from its 4 disc brakes. awsome sound system"

See if you qualify for