2013 Volkswagen Beetle

7.7

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

Reliable, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Handles road well and very well build!"

Cons: "Hard to get into back seat."

"I have owned many VW's in my lifetime. They are not only reliable, but attractive and fun to drive. They handle the roads well. The VW Beetle seems particularly good in the snow."

An excellent ride and beauty.

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "smooth ride, comfortable ride, beautiful, cheap."

Cons: "small, but fun, no other problems"

"The vehicle that i have is denim blue in color. it has an amazingly smooth ride. it is in very good condition and it has never caused any problems for me. if you like small comfortable cars, this is the car for you."

Excellent Compact Car

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive because of the awesome motor"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"This is my Fifth V.W... I've had 1969,1974,2001 Beetles and a 1962 Notchback. I have had many other cars in between but this time I returned to Volkswagen for their excellent Turbo Diesel,(TDI). I commute 140 miles a day round trip and I need good fuel economy, longevity and reliability. My previous commuter,(2013 Chev.Cruze), let me down after 61k. So I went back to V.W... I chose the Beetle because of the roomy front seat. I'm 6'3" and 250. This car rides like a much larger car while maintaining very good handling characteristics. The engine is awesome! It will keep up with So.Cal. traffic with no problem at all. Average traffic speed on So.Cal. Freeways during off peak hours is 80 mph. Passing is amazing, just step on the pedal and feel the torque. Seldom do I have to down shift to pass anybody. Yes I have a 6-speed manual. I have seen 50 mpg so far. My average is 44 mpg because I run at approx. 78 mph most of the time. The only complaint I have is wind noise and some road noise emitting through the rear hatch. Other than that, I love the car. It has 6100 miles on it and its only two and half months old. No problems have surfaced. This motor has a reputation of running 300-400k. We'll see."

A quirky but unmistakable icon!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Character, comfortable, quick, fun."

Cons: "So-so fuel economy, some interior quality issues"

"I bought my 2012 Beetle as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a local VW dealership. It has been the car of my dreams since I was a kid (even though I am a guy). I bought my Tornado Red bug cash and drove home with a smile on my face. Mine had the window issue, which was replaced under warranty. I also had my seat cushion replaced from collapsing (no, I am not fat), a few speakers replaced due to rattling, and an attempt at silencing some squeaks and rattles in the interior. Everything was replaced effortlessly, but the squeaks and rattles come and go. In the bigger picture, it is a minor issue. It is roomy up front (I am 6ft tall) and is comfortable for extended drives. It rides well and soaks up bumps. It isn't "sporty" but can definitely be tossed around a bit. Mechanically the car is a dream. The 2.5 5 cylinder is the safe way to go; it is a tried and true powertrain with the 6-speed auto. It is not fast, but very torquey and pulls. Gas mileage lags in city, and could be better highway but VW's gas engines were never known to be fuel efficient. I average about 23-24 mpg in mixed driving and 29-30 mpg on full highway trips. Not too bad when you consider the size of the engine and the power you get. All in all, I am completely satisfied with my bug. I plan to never get rid of it and keep it by my side, even as a second car. It is an unmistakable fashion statement and icon. It is something that people of all ages can point out in a crowd. Buy one, but get a later model (2013+) they seemed to have worked the bugs out of those. (no pun intended haha)"

best car ever

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "great price, comfort seating, good traction"

Cons: "doesn't pump its own gas"

"This is my 3rd VW Beetle in a row. I had a 1999, 2006 and now this, my 2013. I have traveled the US from Maine to Florida and NJ to CA. I won't drive anything else unless someone would give me a free car. I will only buy VW products. Best comfort for sitting long periods of time. I have even slept in the car comfortably during my travels and I am 5'10". I get about 34 mpg/hwy when the avg norm is 28 mpg/hwy. I recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to haul a houseful, although I have moved a studio apt in mine. Take care of your car and it will take care of you."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals