2013 Volkswagen Beetle Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,528 - $18,645.

10/7.3

6.7

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

6.4/10
    7.3/10
    6.8/10
    6.7/10
    7.0/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Waited all my life for this car..We Love it!!

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "design, interior space, fit and trim, handeling"

Cons: "no center arm rest, seats not easy to adjust"

"When I was a kid growing up in the 70's, my parents owned a 69 Bug. Growing up in Chicago meant in the winter, we still needed to wear coats, gloves, hats and scarfs inside the Bug, because the heaters were....well pretty much useless. Later in life in the mid 80's I spent the summer with my mom in San Diego. Seemed like there was an endless supply of VW's in southern California. I found one at a dealership ('71) that i fell in love with. I wasnt able to buy that car, but I'll never forget drooling over that simple candy apple red Beetle. So, now that I am in my 40's, overweight and no where near the physical shape i was in back then, my wife and I, and 16 year old daughter fell in love with the 2012-2013 newly designed Beetle. Problem was that at nearly 6' tall and 300 pounds, I figured I'd never fit in the car, even though the bug and I share similar shape ( Lol ). So yesterday my wife and i set out to replace one of our vehicles. I suggested that she go ahead and take a test drive with our salesman, to avoid the embarassment of not being able to fit in the car. After they both insisted that I come along, I got into the passenger seat, and I stepped back in time 30 years. I immediately smiled from ear to ear. This was a 2013 black 2.5 automatic. I was so glad that they insisted that I get in it. I fit just fine. Now, for my rating and opinion. I have owned more than 40 cars in my life time. I drove tractor-trailers for years and was a police officer for more than a decade. My opinion may not be "professional" but definitely "well experienced". This car reminded us both very much like thr handling and responsiveness of a 3 series BMW. Both the steering and acceleration is amazing. We now live in rural Arkansas with lots of hills, mountains and curvy roads. This beetle is so fun to drive. The stereo is adequate, fantastic heat and AC. (ha ha) but besides the performance and awesome new look ( lowered roof line ) the interior is suprisingly spacious as compared to Bugs I was used to. Very quiet ride too. There are a couple areas that will take some getting used to though. 1.) lack if center arm rest 2.) adjusting seats between drivers takes a while Other than that we love it, and will start looking for another. I didnt care for the cab forward ash design of the "NEW BEETLE" I LOVE THIS DASH THOUGH. !!!"

Not one of the finest Mexico products

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive Fender is the best"

Cons: "poorly made Mexico product"

"Do not buy one with a sunroof. They are made in Mexico and not strucurally sound. Body creaks, body bangs over bumps, dealer cannot fix after having for nearly 30 days."

good car but could be better.

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "great looking car, swift acceleration"

Cons: "hard to park, steering, low to the ground"

"I have a 2013 black beetle 2.5 base model. i had 2 other Volkswagens which was a 2003 new beetle 2.0 and a 2007 GTI. this beetle i find it is decent car the gas milage is not that great compared to my other volkswagens i get about 20 city and 30 highway. i have about 23000 miles on this car and no issues at the moment. my major complaint is the steering is awful i feel like i am driving huge truck and because of the odd shape it is more difficult to park. this car is decent but i would spend a little extra money and get the turbo."

The "Bug" is back!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Sporty and Quick, Comfortable"

Cons: "Plastic Dash!"

"A great little car for the money. If your looking for something with a primo feel and look this is your car. The Turbo model is the way to go! More power and better fuel mileage than the 2.5L. The 2.0 TSI motor is strong and has great reliabilty (I have 2009 VW GTI with the same motor and a lot more miles). The seating is clean and comfortable, even on long 4+ hour trips. Tech and comfort in the car has improved over the out going model(1998-2010). It has enough to keep you happy, but not so much that it takes away from the classic/retro feel."

DONT EVER BUY A BUG

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "easy to park"

Cons: "EVERYTHING ELSE"

"I have owned this bug for 2 years, and my sister owned it before I had. Easily the worst car I have ever had. Found myself stuck on the side of the road more then I was actually driving it. Also both of my doors broke, like the handles? How does that even happen. my air conditioning often went out sometimes if i was to run the air and the radio at the same time it would die. AWFUL PURCHASE"

Very Very Very Good Car

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "all of it"

Cons: "the depreciation"

"This car is way under estimated! Its comfortable, very dependable, entertaining to drive, and quick. The build quality is better than you see in most cars. The only disappointing thing is the vakue after a year is a joke so plan on keeping it. People say it has lost half the value and I have no idea why. The Blue tooth is the best, the Fender stereo is the best out there, the panoramic moonroof is awesome. Its just a remarkable car and I average 25 miles in the city better than the sticker."

Love the 2013 Beetle

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"I just bought the 2013 Beetle with Sound, Navigation and Sunroof. I love the way the car handles - very fun to drive. The interior is well thought out and the push button start is pretty cool. I drove a 2002 Turbo before buying this one and I miss the way the back seat could be pulled forward so that the back seat rests could fold flat. The sunroof on the new Beetle does not go all the way back like my old one. Minor differences as I do love this new Beetle...it's also great on gas mileage."

Surpised I like this car-car guy ,girl friend car

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Pros: "Feels good at speed"

Cons: "Head lights"

"2.0 Turbo Manual,Get over the window promblem fix works as should be. V. W. should of taken care of this up front to eliminate bad press handles well not great high speed very stable linkage very nice throttle response is right on at low R.P.M. nice."

i love this car

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "window malfunctioning"

"this is a great car that rides very well and of course looks nice too although the window malfunctioned and had to be repaired other than that it is a wonderful car"

Extremely disappointed.

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looks"

Cons: "Don't trust it - defective in too many ways."

"I bought my VW Beetle 2012 three months ago. Driving off the forecourt I mentioned the window wasn't working properly. I was told it just needed to be reset. Well, not one day has gone by when it hasn't needed to be reset. The tachometer was frozen, and 46 psi in each tire had somehow been overlooked in their haste to sell me this car! I suspect that the speedometer is also malfunctioning. The mileage is also very poor. I love Beetles - my first and second car was a Beetle. I didn't like the 1st re-design and I waited years until I saw this model. I fell in love with the retro look immediately but I've been hugely let-down, by all involved sales/service staff. I want to give them back my car. I just don't want it any more! We keep being told that our concerns are being "escalated" but no one with any authority phones us back as promised - and we end up again with someone who can't arrange for the car to be returned. The men at the top just don't want to know it seems! (So far the tachometer is the only thing that's been fixed.) When I pay $20,000+ for a car I don't expect it to start spending days at the dealership from the very beginning!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25