2012 Volkswagen Beetle

7.9

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.6/10

Starter issues

By on Thursday, July 30, 2015

Pros: "Like the style, color, interior, and it's adorable"

Cons: "Better gas mileage w/Mini, not starting regularly."

"I really like my 2014 Beetle. However, several times when I tried to start it, all the lights would come on, but the engine was dead silent. I kept trying and trying and it would eventually start. It was in the repair shop for over two weeks. During this time they replaced the ignition switch and a few other things. Brought it home and when I went to turn it off, the engine quite, but all the dashboard control lights stayed on! I will see what happens... I would really LOVE for this car to be reliable."

Excellent Quallity and Design

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "great price point very fun to drive"

Cons: "back seat accessability"

"Very Sporty Fun to Drive Handles like a sports car. The styling was my first attraction along with the price point."

Toy! fun, fun, fun,.

By on Monday, August 03, 2015

Pros: "Fun!! nothing but."

Cons: "to small to haul a plant stand, or Rocking chair."

"this is a fun car, however to small for me to use daily. I find myself needing a truck more than a convertible."

Not one of the finest Mexico products

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive Fender is the best"

Cons: "poorly made Mexico product"

"Do not buy one with a sunroof. They are made in Mexico and not strucurally sound. Body creaks, body bangs over bumps, dealer cannot fix after having for nearly 30 days."

Not a good car

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Fuel economy, performance, reliability"

"This is my second time having a VW Beetle. The first one was a 1998 Bug which was a very unreliable car. It had the well known window problems, air conditioning and heater core had to be replaced and at 60K the head gasket cracked. That was the worse car I have ever owned. After that experience I told myself that I would never buy a VW again, well that all changed fourteen years later when the new 2012 beetles arrived. I was thinking that after all of these years the quality and reliability of the VW beetle should have improved. So, I decided to give VW another try, which was a bad mistake. The performance of the car is pretty underwhelming in that it is sluggish and has considerable turbo lag. Further, the fuel economy is poor around 23-26 mpg on premium fuel (turbo model). Poor quality in material, lots of cheap plastics and fabrics in the interior. You would think paying 24k for a car that the interior would have some type of leather covering. The front seats are not holding up well, the seat cushion has pretty much worn away. Therefore when I am driving I am pretty much sitting on the seat frame. Reliability is poor, the blower motor for the heater/ air conditioner failed at 3k miles. Presently, the blower motor for the AC/Heater decided to stop working again so I have an appointment to take the car back to the dealership for the same problem! I have owned this car for one year and it has under 30K miles and it has been in the shop twice. I hate to think about how reliable this car will be in a couple more years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals