2012 Volkswagen Beetle

7.9

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.6/10

My 2014 is the 5th Beetle bought in succession.

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Rides great; more truck space; awesome retro look"

Cons: "Limited retro colors in newer models"

"I am a Beetle lover! No other car has the ability to make me feel like I am 18! I have owned, in succession, 2002, 2005, 2008, and 2010 Convertibles, and now a 2014 hardtop. I did have issues with the convertible tops on the other vehicles. My new Beetle is one of my favorites! It took me awhile to get used to the design when it first appeared. The car rides much nicer than it's predecessors. The sunroof is awesome, I am sold on keyless entry, and the six changer CD player I use constantly, when I don't listen to SIRIUS radio. I put on approximately 24k miles per year. I can't see myself driving anything else. I love my Beetle, and their look never goes out of style and appears dated. They are timeless."

an exotic beetle

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "fun fun car head turner"

Cons: "more roar on the engine when you step on gas"

"this is a head turner, looks like porsche. it has a much softer ride than a porshe and it handles the road close to one. has plenty of power up winding hills i drove it up 3,000ft. mountain in drive and it never hesitated in the climb.it also has real good stoping power from its 4 disc brakes. awsome sound system"

Extremely disappointed.

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looks"

Cons: "Don't trust it - defective in too many ways."

"I bought my VW Beetle 2012 three months ago. Driving off the forecourt I mentioned the window wasn't working properly. I was told it just needed to be reset. Well, not one day has gone by when it hasn't needed to be reset. The tachometer was frozen, and 46 psi in each tire had somehow been overlooked in their haste to sell me this car! I suspect that the speedometer is also malfunctioning. The mileage is also very poor. I love Beetles - my first and second car was a Beetle. I didn't like the 1st re-design and I waited years until I saw this model. I fell in love with the retro look immediately but I've been hugely let-down, by all involved sales/service staff. I want to give them back my car. I just don't want it any more! We keep being told that our concerns are being "escalated" but no one with any authority phones us back as promised - and we end up again with someone who can't arrange for the car to be returned. The men at the top just don't want to know it seems! (So far the tachometer is the only thing that's been fixed.) When I pay $20,000+ for a car I don't expect it to start spending days at the dealership from the very beginning!"

Superb German quality - extremely solid

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Great handling like a gokart! Excellent quality"

Cons: "None so far!"

My car on delivery day!

"Had an 07 Civic - no match for the Beetle - very tight and solid construction - excellent handling with the standard Conti tires - the standard 170 hp and 6 speed automatic are quite responsive and smooth. Love the interior - like a mini Audi - everyone thinks it has leather seats - and the heated seats and mirrors are nice to have for winter in NY - radio has great sound - car has been getting about 32 mpg on highway as shown on car's dashboard computer. Beetle gets lots of thumbs-up as the 1967 retro styling is fun to look at. I love the car so much that i am buying a new Golf in the spring to replace my 07 Honda Fit!"

My car on delivery day!

Wonderful...So Far

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Turbo, Retro interior, Handeling"

Cons: "I'm a guy in a beetle :-/"

"Can't complain, yet. I get about 8-9 days out of the gas tank. The Turbo is great. Looks 10 times better than the last design. The red/white/blue interior lighting is amusing as well."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals