2012 Volkswagen Beetle

8.1

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

an exotic beetle

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "fun fun car head turner"

Cons: "more roar on the engine when you step on gas"

"this is a head turner, looks like porsche. it has a much softer ride than a porshe and it handles the road close to one. has plenty of power up winding hills i drove it up 3,000ft. mountain in drive and it never hesitated in the climb.it also has real good stoping power from its 4 disc brakes. awsome sound system"

good car but could be better.

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "great looking car, swift acceleration"

Cons: "hard to park, steering, low to the ground"

"I have a 2013 black beetle 2.5 base model. i had 2 other Volkswagens which was a 2003 new beetle 2.0 and a 2007 GTI. this beetle i find it is decent car the gas milage is not that great compared to my other volkswagens i get about 20 city and 30 highway. i have about 23000 miles on this car and no issues at the moment. my major complaint is the steering is awful i feel like i am driving huge truck and because of the odd shape it is more difficult to park. this car is decent but i would spend a little extra money and get the turbo."

Form over function

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: ""peppy" drivetrain"

Cons: "uncomfortable, along with poor visibility"

"This review is based on a 7-day rental. My car was in the shop for repairs required by a parking lot hit and run. I was assigned a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle as a loaner for the duration. The VW had 2.5L 5-cyl engine with a 6-spd auto. The drive train was OK. Enough power, but it did not deliver it smoothly. It torqued up quickly, but unevenly - with a lot of noise. The ride and handling were OK but not particularly impressive. The interior was cramped and uncomfortable, and the visibility - both front and rear - was horrible. If you think this car is "cute" and that's all that matters, go ahead and buy it. I think VW builds a quality product (I have owned 4 of them - in the distant past). However, a VW Golf might be a much more practical choice. As I drove my 2009 Accord (with 58,000 miles) home from the shop, it felt like I was driving a brand new car - in comparison. Better ride, handling, visibility, comfort - and it was much quieter. Shop wisely. "Cute" can only take you so far."

Extremely disappointed.

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looks"

Cons: "Don't trust it - defective in too many ways."

"I bought my VW Beetle 2012 three months ago. Driving off the forecourt I mentioned the window wasn't working properly. I was told it just needed to be reset. Well, not one day has gone by when it hasn't needed to be reset. The tachometer was frozen, and 46 psi in each tire had somehow been overlooked in their haste to sell me this car! I suspect that the speedometer is also malfunctioning. The mileage is also very poor. I love Beetles - my first and second car was a Beetle. I didn't like the 1st re-design and I waited years until I saw this model. I fell in love with the retro look immediately but I've been hugely let-down, by all involved sales/service staff. I want to give them back my car. I just don't want it any more! We keep being told that our concerns are being "escalated" but no one with any authority phones us back as promised - and we end up again with someone who can't arrange for the car to be returned. The men at the top just don't want to know it seems! (So far the tachometer is the only thing that's been fixed.) When I pay $20,000+ for a car I don't expect it to start spending days at the dealership from the very beginning!"

Waited all my life for this car..We Love it!!

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "design, interior space, fit and trim, handeling"

Cons: "no center arm rest, seats not easy to adjust"

"When I was a kid growing up in the 70's, my parents owned a 69 Bug. Growing up in Chicago meant in the winter, we still needed to wear coats, gloves, hats and scarfs inside the Bug, because the heaters were....well pretty much useless. Later in life in the mid 80's I spent the summer with my mom in San Diego. Seemed like there was an endless supply of VW's in southern California. I found one at a dealership ('71) that i fell in love with. I wasnt able to buy that car, but I'll never forget drooling over that simple candy apple red Beetle. So, now that I am in my 40's, overweight and no where near the physical shape i was in back then, my wife and I, and 16 year old daughter fell in love with the 2012-2013 newly designed Beetle. Problem was that at nearly 6' tall and 300 pounds, I figured I'd never fit in the car, even though the bug and I share similar shape ( Lol ). So yesterday my wife and i set out to replace one of our vehicles. I suggested that she go ahead and take a test drive with our salesman, to avoid the embarassment of not being able to fit in the car. After they both insisted that I come along, I got into the passenger seat, and I stepped back in time 30 years. I immediately smiled from ear to ear. This was a 2013 black 2.5 automatic. I was so glad that they insisted that I get in it. I fit just fine. Now, for my rating and opinion. I have owned more than 40 cars in my life time. I drove tractor-trailers for years and was a police officer for more than a decade. My opinion may not be "professional" but definitely "well experienced". This car reminded us both very much like thr handling and responsiveness of a 3 series BMW. Both the steering and acceleration is amazing. We now live in rural Arkansas with lots of hills, mountains and curvy roads. This beetle is so fun to drive. The stereo is adequate, fantastic heat and AC. (ha ha) but besides the performance and awesome new look ( lowered roof line ) the interior is suprisingly spacious as compared to Bugs I was used to. Very quiet ride too. There are a couple areas that will take some getting used to though. 1.) lack if center arm rest 2.) adjusting seats between drivers takes a while Other than that we love it, and will start looking for another. I didnt care for the cab forward ash design of the "NEW BEETLE" I LOVE THIS DASH THOUGH. !!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals