2012 Volkswagen Beetle

7.7

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

best car ever

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "great price, comfort seating, good traction"

Cons: "doesn't pump its own gas"

"This is my 3rd VW Beetle in a row. I had a 1999, 2006 and now this, my 2013. I have traveled the US from Maine to Florida and NJ to CA. I won't drive anything else unless someone would give me a free car. I will only buy VW products. Best comfort for sitting long periods of time. I have even slept in the car comfortably during my travels and I am 5'10". I get about 34 mpg/hwy when the avg norm is 28 mpg/hwy. I recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to haul a houseful, although I have moved a studio apt in mine. Take care of your car and it will take care of you."

Surpised I like this car-car guy ,girl friend car

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Pros: "Feels good at speed"

Cons: "Head lights"

"2.0 Turbo Manual,Get over the window promblem fix works as should be. V. W. should of taken care of this up front to eliminate bad press handles well not great high speed very stable linkage very nice throttle response is right on at low R.P.M. nice."

Character

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Handling, price, looks, trunk space, heated seats"

Cons: "Put 36K miles on it way too quickly!"

"If you seek bland styling, this is not the car for you. My Launch edition has been terrific. We get a lot of snow and ice, so I use a set of Blizzak tires, and this little buggy goes anywhere. I've passed stuck SUVs and have felt completely safe with the handling of this car. For me, the Beetle has more character and better road feed-back than the Honda Civic. With the rear seats folded down, I have loaded the back up with incredible amounts of stuff (monthly Sam's shopping!). With the hatch open, even brought a full size refrigerator home once."

Excellent Quallity and Design

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "great price point very fun to drive"

Cons: "back seat accessability"

"Very Sporty Fun to Drive Handles like a sports car. The styling was my first attraction along with the price point."

This is my 10th VW and I have always been thrilled

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, value, fun to drive and curbs well."

Cons: "None."

"This week, I purchased my 10th VW. It's my 7th Beetle--3 were convertibles. The other 3 were Jettas. I have never been disappointed. After owning many other makes, I always come back to VW because of the reliability, value and joy to drive. Several of my Beetles had over 138K miles and still ran great. I've never had a problem with any and hope my luck continues."

2014 R-line Review

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Distinct look, clean interior, fender sound"

Cons: "Fair turbo lag."

"My rating is based on a 29k r-line beetle. Overall I love my car. it has a distinct look inside and out and is well worth getting the r-line trim. It has a FENDER sound system which is a true luxury. Interior wise the dash with its touchscreen and "carbon fiber" look is clean. The fabric seats are my least favorite when compared to my brother's fabric seats (2012 Golf GTI). I am 5'7 and my brother is 6'2 and we both fit comfortably driving. Back seat is virtually non-existent without front people pressed against dashboard. Basically a 2-seater. There is a tad of turbo lag which isn't the end of the world in my opinion being that i don't slam the gas pedal at every green light. Average driver may not even notice. VW are good, reliable vehicles for the price."

Outstanding, fun, zippy, smart car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Funnest car ever!!"

Cons: "Backseat a little uncomfortable for passengers."

"I get more looks and compliments on this car! It is a showstopper everywhere I go heads turn! Funnest car ever!"

Love the Beetle!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great sound system"

Cons: "no trunk release inside car, blind spots"

"I wanted a Beetle for 10 years, and I finally got the Turbo convertible when they returned to the market. It is super fun to drive and love the Fender sound system! We also have a Mercedes ML350, but I prefer to drive the Beetle! Aside from a few minor things such as no trunk release from inside the car and the doors ding easily, I love the car!"

Not a good car

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Fuel economy, performance, reliability"

"This is my second time having a VW Beetle. The first one was a 1998 Bug which was a very unreliable car. It had the well known window problems, air conditioning and heater core had to be replaced and at 60K the head gasket cracked. That was the worse car I have ever owned. After that experience I told myself that I would never buy a VW again, well that all changed fourteen years later when the new 2012 beetles arrived. I was thinking that after all of these years the quality and reliability of the VW beetle should have improved. So, I decided to give VW another try, which was a bad mistake. The performance of the car is pretty underwhelming in that it is sluggish and has considerable turbo lag. Further, the fuel economy is poor around 23-26 mpg on premium fuel (turbo model). Poor quality in material, lots of cheap plastics and fabrics in the interior. You would think paying 24k for a car that the interior would have some type of leather covering. The front seats are not holding up well, the seat cushion has pretty much worn away. Therefore when I am driving I am pretty much sitting on the seat frame. Reliability is poor, the blower motor for the heater/ air conditioner failed at 3k miles. Presently, the blower motor for the AC/Heater decided to stop working again so I have an appointment to take the car back to the dealership for the same problem! I have owned this car for one year and it has under 30K miles and it has been in the shop twice. I hate to think about how reliable this car will be in a couple more years."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Great price. Fun to drive"

"Have owned for 3 years. Fabulous car. Highly recommend"

comfortable and economical convertible

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Electronics.....Maybe"

"So far so good Puts you in a good mood when driving. Concerned about power window issues but none yet."

love it!

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "love lt"

Cons: "love it"

"love it!!!"

FANATSTIC CAR, TRULY A WELL ENGINEERED AUTOMOBILE

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "price, horsepower, design, a blast to drive, mpg"

"2012 Launch Edition Beetle. This car has been a solid, solid well built vehicle. This car is very well designed. Handles corners very well. This car is high class German engineering at its finest. 200 horsepower, other than a little turbo lag, this little car is quick. I am a little under 6 foot tall and around 300 pounds, and I am not cramped in this car, however the driver's seat is designed for someone a bit smaller. I commute to work which is hills and curves and I average 35.5 mpg. Now that premium fuel is reasonably priced, filling it up. Trunk area will surprise you with how much it will hold. Tires are somewhat expensive and not eas to find (19") but look great and handle very well."

Cons: "uncomfortable, along with poor visibility"

"This review is based on a 7-day rental. My car was in the shop for repairs required by a parking lot hit and run. I was assigned a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle as a loaner for the duration. The VW had 2.5L 5-cyl engine with a 6-spd auto. The drive train was OK. Enough power, but it did not deliver it smoothly. It torqued up quickly, but unevenly - with a lot of noise. The ride and handling were OK but not particularly impressive. The interior was cramped and uncomfortable, and the visibility - both front and rear - was horrible. If you think this car is "cute" and that's all that matters, go ahead and buy it. I think VW builds a quality product (I have owned 4 of them - in the distant past). However, a VW Golf might be a much more practical choice. As I drove my 2009 Accord (with 58,000 miles) home from the shop, it felt like I was driving a brand new car - in comparison. Better ride, handling, visibility, comfort - and it was much quieter. Shop wisely. "Cute" can only take you so far."

Excellent Compact Car

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive because of the awesome motor"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"This is my Fifth V.W... I've had 1969,1974,2001 Beetles and a 1962 Notchback. I have had many other cars in between but this time I returned to Volkswagen for their excellent Turbo Diesel,(TDI). I commute 140 miles a day round trip and I need good fuel economy, longevity and reliability. My previous commuter,(2013 Chev.Cruze), let me down after 61k. So I went back to V.W... I chose the Beetle because of the roomy front seat. I'm 6'3" and 250. This car rides like a much larger car while maintaining very good handling characteristics. The engine is awesome! It will keep up with So.Cal. traffic with no problem at all. Average traffic speed on So.Cal. Freeways during off peak hours is 80 mph. Passing is amazing, just step on the pedal and feel the torque. Seldom do I have to down shift to pass anybody. Yes I have a 6-speed manual. I have seen 50 mpg so far. My average is 44 mpg because I run at approx. 78 mph most of the time. The only complaint I have is wind noise and some road noise emitting through the rear hatch. Other than that, I love the car. It has 6100 miles on it and its only two and half months old. No problems have surfaced. This motor has a reputation of running 300-400k. We'll see."

Does not deserve the name Volkswagen

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "It looks good."

Cons: "Did not meet my expectations of a Volkswagen."

"I have owned several Volkswagens in the past, from Bugs to Rabbits to a Jetta. I liked the 2001 Jetta so much I kept it for 12 years. This new Beetle is terrible. It's cramped and refuses to go where my former VW's were happy to wander. The final straw was trying to get up my driveway in wet snow - not ice, wet snow. I had to back up and get a running start and still had to spin to make it to the top. I'm going to trade it as soon as possible and will not be going to a Volkswagen dealer."

For the price, it has been a satisfying ride.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "cute car"

Cons: "can't think of one now."

"It has performed well for around the town drive - to and from work - it all kinds of weather.The back seats are useless since it is a very tight and uncomfortable ride for a passenger. However for my use it serves its purpose - a ide to and from work."

Love this vehicle, bought for wife

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Great sound system, much fun to drive."

Cons: "None, just need the van."

top down

"Great vehicle, we love it. Bought it for the wife. She has became wheel chair bound and only got to drive it one time. Will sell to get handicapped van."

top down

Fun and interesting

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun. Good mileage."

Cons: "Not smooth."

"I have the Fender turbo and got it at 16,000 two months ago and I have added 4,000 miles. I am still exploring its possibilities, meaning how hard and fast can I throw it into a corner, how quickly it will get going and how well it grips. The story so far: It is easy to spin the front wheels because of the low down torque and front drive. The torques all come together at 1700 with a rush, even though the scroller is running from go. In normal drive the lag is too long to be confident in sudden maneuvers but in sport it is much better. You can also have it in nanny tiptronic; put it in the gear you want and if you are stressing the engine too much it will put you back in drive. Once you have everything together...look out! You will be up somebody' s butt before you know it and hoping the breaks kick in before it becomes a life long relationship. Yes, the breaks are an issue; like the engine, it is a while before they wake up and do their thing, once they do, it is suddenly and with a grab. But all of this doesn't matter at all if you've found the right HD station, you will be too lost listening to the amazing clarity, depth and isolation of the different instruments and voices. Along those lines: at night get out of the car quickly or you will just sit there listening to the music and looking at all the great design details of the dash: the cool red glow of the speaker bezel and subtle light coming from the door trim. How they do that I have no idea. Who knew german designers were hip as well as good? So it is the start of our affair and I for one want to carry on, who knows how it will end up?"

Very Cool

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Looks, Fast,Comfy,"

Cons: "Deciding what color to buy!"

"Have researched and will be buying one soon. We have looked at everything and still keep coming back to this fun lovin car!"

DONT EVER BUY A BUG

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "easy to park"

Cons: "EVERYTHING ELSE"

"I have owned this bug for 2 years, and my sister owned it before I had. Easily the worst car I have ever had. Found myself stuck on the side of the road more then I was actually driving it. Also both of my doors broke, like the handles? How does that even happen. my air conditioning often went out sometimes if i was to run the air and the radio at the same time it would die. AWFUL PURCHASE"

An excellent ride and beauty.

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "smooth ride, comfortable ride, beautiful, cheap."

Cons: "small, but fun, no other problems"

"The vehicle that i have is denim blue in color. it has an amazingly smooth ride. it is in very good condition and it has never caused any problems for me. if you like small comfortable cars, this is the car for you."

Fast and fun

By on Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pros: "Lots of character. Comfortable and quiet interior."

Cons: "not enamoured with cloth interior"

"Excellent power and handling. Great modern body style with hints of Porsche Boxster and Audi TT heritage. Superb audio with Fender designed speakers,"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals