2012 Volkswagen Beetle

6.9

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.0/10
    7.2/10

Outstanding, fun, zippy, smart car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Funnest car ever!!"

Cons: "Backseat a little uncomfortable for passengers."

"I get more looks and compliments on this car! It is a showstopper everywhere I go heads turn! Funnest car ever!"

Love it but missing a few things

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Adorable, Roomy in Front"

Cons: "no: arm rest, backseat lights, power seats"

"My beetle is fun to drive. It has an optional sports gear when I need to move fast. I love the new exterior look and the vehicle has never had any mechanical issues. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, despite a few interior items I feel my beetle needs but doesn't have. My beetle needs an arm rest and interior lighting for the center and back of the vehicle. The indoor lights only light the front and everything else is pitch dark at night. The other two items I would really like to have are power seats and control buttons on the steering wheel."

For the price, it has been a satisfying ride.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "cute car"

Cons: "can't think of one now."

"It has performed well for around the town drive - to and from work - it all kinds of weather.The back seats are useless since it is a very tight and uncomfortable ride for a passenger. However for my use it serves its purpose - a ide to and from work."

Not a good car

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Fuel economy, performance, reliability"

"This is my second time having a VW Beetle. The first one was a 1998 Bug which was a very unreliable car. It had the well known window problems, air conditioning and heater core had to be replaced and at 60K the head gasket cracked. That was the worse car I have ever owned. After that experience I told myself that I would never buy a VW again, well that all changed fourteen years later when the new 2012 beetles arrived. I was thinking that after all of these years the quality and reliability of the VW beetle should have improved. So, I decided to give VW another try, which was a bad mistake. The performance of the car is pretty underwhelming in that it is sluggish and has considerable turbo lag. Further, the fuel economy is poor around 23-26 mpg on premium fuel (turbo model). Poor quality in material, lots of cheap plastics and fabrics in the interior. You would think paying 24k for a car that the interior would have some type of leather covering. The front seats are not holding up well, the seat cushion has pretty much worn away. Therefore when I am driving I am pretty much sitting on the seat frame. Reliability is poor, the blower motor for the heater/ air conditioner failed at 3k miles. Presently, the blower motor for the AC/Heater decided to stop working again so I have an appointment to take the car back to the dealership for the same problem! I have owned this car for one year and it has under 30K miles and it has been in the shop twice. I hate to think about how reliable this car will be in a couple more years."

great car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "style comfort reliablilty"

Cons: "no sunroof"

"great car, fun to drive, reliable.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for