2012 Volkswagen Beetle

7.3

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.1/10
    7.4/10
    7.2/10

best car ever

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "great price, comfort seating, good traction"

Cons: "doesn't pump its own gas"

"This is my 3rd VW Beetle in a row. I had a 1999, 2006 and now this, my 2013. I have traveled the US from Maine to Florida and NJ to CA. I won't drive anything else unless someone would give me a free car. I will only buy VW products. Best comfort for sitting long periods of time. I have even slept in the car comfortably during my travels and I am 5'10". I get about 34 mpg/hwy when the avg norm is 28 mpg/hwy. I recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to haul a houseful, although I have moved a studio apt in mine. Take care of your car and it will take care of you."

FANATSTIC CAR, TRULY A WELL ENGINEERED AUTOMOBILE

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "price, horsepower, design, a blast to drive, mpg"

"2012 Launch Edition Beetle. This car has been a solid, solid well built vehicle. This car is very well designed. Handles corners very well. This car is high class German engineering at its finest. 200 horsepower, other than a little turbo lag, this little car is quick. I am a little under 6 foot tall and around 300 pounds, and I am not cramped in this car, however the driver's seat is designed for someone a bit smaller. I commute to work which is hills and curves and I average 35.5 mpg. Now that premium fuel is reasonably priced, filling it up. Trunk area will surprise you with how much it will hold. Tires are somewhat expensive and not eas to find (19") but look great and handle very well."

Excellent Quallity and Design

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "great price point very fun to drive"

Cons: "back seat accessability"

"Very Sporty Fun to Drive Handles like a sports car. The styling was my first attraction along with the price point."

Love this vehicle, bought for wife

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Great sound system, much fun to drive."

Cons: "None, just need the van."

top down

"Great vehicle, we love it. Bought it for the wife. She has became wheel chair bound and only got to drive it one time. Will sell to get handicapped van."

top down

Fun and interesting

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun. Good mileage."

Cons: "Not smooth."

"I have the Fender turbo and got it at 16,000 two months ago and I have added 4,000 miles. I am still exploring its possibilities, meaning how hard and fast can I throw it into a corner, how quickly it will get going and how well it grips. The story so far: It is easy to spin the front wheels because of the low down torque and front drive. The torques all come together at 1700 with a rush, even though the scroller is running from go. In normal drive the lag is too long to be confident in sudden maneuvers but in sport it is much better. You can also have it in nanny tiptronic; put it in the gear you want and if you are stressing the engine too much it will put you back in drive. Once you have everything together...look out! You will be up somebody' s butt before you know it and hoping the breaks kick in before it becomes a life long relationship. Yes, the breaks are an issue; like the engine, it is a while before they wake up and do their thing, once they do, it is suddenly and with a grab. But all of this doesn't matter at all if you've found the right HD station, you will be too lost listening to the amazing clarity, depth and isolation of the different instruments and voices. Along those lines: at night get out of the car quickly or you will just sit there listening to the music and looking at all the great design details of the dash: the cool red glow of the speaker bezel and subtle light coming from the door trim. How they do that I have no idea. Who knew german designers were hip as well as good? So it is the start of our affair and I for one want to carry on, who knows how it will end up?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals