2014 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,412 - $14,984.

10/6.1

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Best Kept Secret

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Too many to list"

Cons: "No armrest, easily fixed with leather pillow"

"I rented many vehicles from Enterprise and Hertz to "live with" all the models I was considering (and to see how they had held-up with all the different crazy drivers they see), and the Yaris' were always "tight and right" regardless of how many rental-car thrashing miles were on them...except one particular Yaris (I rented 3 different Yaris' once I narrowed my search down) that had been wrecked and had a very worn tire that roared on the highway. But it still drove pretty good considering what it had been through and they were still renting it out. This is not a high volume seller for Toyota because of the Corolla and Prius C being priced slightly higher than the Yaris. That is a shame, for it might possibly be one of their best built cars. I love the fact that it has the bullet-proof 1.5L engine and old-tech transmission that have been around for "many" years with used one's out there in the 300+ thousand- mile range with very little (if any) problems. Plenty of space for larger people, great legroom in back. Trunk space kinda small with rear seats up, but fold them down?....and you get a "lot" of room back there (enough for two people to go to the beach for a week or camping for a week). Rides great, gas mileage is great, it is pretty quiet on the road (never understood how the Car Magazines said it is noisy....try a Rio5 when it is cold...sounds like a blender grating ice. That worried me when the Rio5 salesman said "That is Gas Direct Injection Technology, it quiets down once it warms up" I did not like that at all. And many small cars are going to that Gas Direct Injection...except the Yaris..."yay"). The old-tech transmission on the Yaris is a smooth, very simple automatic transmission that does not need 5th or 6th gearing. It is a road cruiser! It keeps up with and passes traffic plenty-fine...quite peppy once broken-in correctly! The simplicity of the car is what attracted me compared to Rio5, Accent, Fiesta, Fiat, Versa and Fit. Did not try the Mazda2 due to past experience with that company. The Yaris' just felt better built than those others and too many features eventually break after time and are not cheap to fix. The only thing I do not like is that the dash and door panels can mark-up easily (have to keep a microfiber towel around) and the bluetooth has cut-out on me once in a while...probably the fault of my flip phone and no tachometer except on the SE Model. But I do enjoy this car. Sure, I could have bought something more exciting, but the Yaris is fun, simple, comfortable and the "VERY Simple Maintenance" requirements make it a great value as well. It does not pretend to be something it is not. I got it for a very fair price...some dealers are willing to deal. It has the features you truly only need (power everything, remote, tilt, a/c, cruise, great stereo, bluetooth)and nothing more. It is worth a look."

bought a used loved it! went and bought a new 2014

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "reliable,sporty,comfortable interior,fun to drive"

"Bought a used 2007 for fuel economy.. never had owned a hatchback or a compact for that matter ..my wife and I loved it so much we decided to give our daughter the 2007 and we bought a 2014 SE for everyday commute.. Great gas mileage and very comfortable and reliable ..did I mention the 2007 has 120000 miles and literally drives like New.. if you want horsepower it is not the car for you.. I have a 2013 dodge challenger rt with a HEMI v8 for horsepower.. but if I was to choose i would keep the yaris..At 40mpg it's a no brainer! and there is no new car that is inexpensive every new car is expensive!"

LOVE IT! 2013 Yaris is Just What a Car Should Be.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Efficient...Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "None to Speak Of. Love This Car!"

"This car really satisfies! Toyota is known for its Reliability and the Yaris is no exception. This car is going to be there every single time you need it. Another plus for the Yaris is the Simplicity. It's interior is designed to provide everything you need but no extra clutter and frills. Excellent stereo, built in Bluetooth for streaming Pandora or what have you, adequate cup holders etc. Everything you need and nothing you don't. What is most lovebale? The Yaris' Fuel Efficiency. This car "sips" gas. I average at least 41 MPG. I LOVE IT...I am absolutely in love with this car."

Had it as a rental, Loved it so bought one.

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "reliability, gas mileage, agility, size"

Cons: "No arm rest, Easily damaged materials"

"Just purchased my 2013 Yaris LE 3-door. I love the drive and I get great gas mileage. I had the rental prior to my purchase and in a week, I used a little under a half a tank. I drove it quite a bit actually, Both in city and highway. Only qualms I have are no arm rests, easily dirtied and scratched hard materials in the dash, and no tachometer (Only on SE model). Besides that, This car is absolutely amazing to drive, It's super fun for me. I like that they are using a tried and true engine/transmission combination. After seeing older Yaris models with 100K + miles, I definitely am looking forward to the reliability!"

Completely Enthralled With My 2013 Yaris L Coupe!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Awesome MPG's - Roomy - Comfortable - FUN"

"Never in my life have I been so excited about a new car purchase as I have been with this car. I have driven MANY cars in the past 30-35 years, but this one is just fantastic. Maybe it's my age (52) and the idea of simplifying transportation from Point A to Point B...Regardless, this 2013 Yaris L is a keeper. This is my first Toyota, should have bought one years ago. Even being the base model, it has more than enough goodies for me. Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Tilt Wheel, 6 Speaker Stereo System with a CD player & iPod capability, awesome sound. Gas mileage is excellent, the MPG ratings on the Yaris are VERY conservative. I can drive a month on a 10.5 gallon tank of gas, now THAT is fun. Controls are easy to use, you sit high in the seats and they are extremely comfortable and supportive. Engine compartment is very roomy & this car will be easy to work on (oil changes, belts, etc.) in the years to come. Back seat area is huge if you ask me, the whole interior is a perfect personal space. It is a blast to drive, very responsive throttle and the 4 speed auto shifts flawlessly. Loads of storage & safety features, too. Air blows COLD, the switches work with precision (lights, locks, fan speed) brakes are tight and do not fade, it is a pleasure to drive. Love the dashboard and the interior trim is sturdy and pleasing. If you are tired of $300.00 plus monthly gas charges - Test drive the Yaris - It's a 2,300 pound go-kart with air conditioning that will make you feel like a kid again!"