2014 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,841 - $14,312.

10/6.1

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

More Than I Expected

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"I bought this 2012 L 5 dr hatch used when a woman running a light "customized" our minivan. Had 6,800 miles; was not a rental so it had Toyota's full warranty. PROS: Small yet large inside, can carry an amazing cargo inside with the rear seat folded, interior has light grey accents which kills the omnipresent funereal black of most cars, turns on a 31-foot dime, corners like a roller skate, is so homely it's cute, (makes my wife want to knit a sweater for it). Have averaged 37.4 mpg over 16,100 miles over 17 months ownership. CONS: Minor, really. Wish it had cruise and pw, but did add aftermarket centre armrest and heated seats (installed by a local shop) RECOMMEND? I make no recommendations to anyone on any product. I just let them look and decide if it meets their needs. I thought about upgrading to a 2015 with cruise and pw, but the front end of the '15 appears to have the bucket of a Melroe Bobcat welded onto it. Too much sake, Toyota stylists?"

good car

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Cons: "no built-in litter holder"

"i like this car. My only complaint is that I wish Toyota made a lighter color interior. Am only able to get it in black and it absorbs too much heat during warm months."

I Love This Car!

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cons: "None, really"

"I'm 88 years old and I can't really drive safely anymore. It's been my cute little sports car. My last hurrah. $17,000 new The car is perky and looking at it makes me smile It's never been in an accident It's never broken down It's been living in a garage for most of it's life and it's spent most of it's life in Monroe Township. It hasn't been driven much in the past year, when it's been 'living' in Woodland Park."

Yaris: 10/10 in reliability but lacking elsewhere

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "TPS, nine airbags, stability control, gas mileage"

Cons: "manual windows, spaciousness, body style/design"

"I give the 2012 Toyota Yaris 5dr Liftback Auto LE model an overall 6/10 rating. I have yet to have any major mechanical issues with this model or my previous 2007 Toyota Yaris Base 4dr Sedan model, which had 130,000 miles on it before I traded it in for this 2012 model. My main reason for staying with the Toyota Yaris was due to the excellent gas mileage, low maintenance costs, and superb maneuverability and drivability benefits. Unfortunately, when it comes down to comfort and overall value of what you're getting, there is much to be desired in comparison to the 2007 Toyota Yaris. This 2012 model has had a complete body style transformation. Personally, I'm not a fan of the missing arm rest, bizarre hatchback body style (which basically has the visual appeal of a miniaturized mini-van), the still prevalent manual windows, the exact same laggy engine, and the small viewing window reversal which now sits in the front window area instead of the rear. With the small viewing window being positioned up front now, it makes it easier for potential thieves to bust out that window and have direct access to the interior automatic door locks. In the 2007 Yaris, the viewing window being in the back was genius because the sideways styled locks could not be accessed easily by a thief. On the other hand, the bonuses of the 2012 model versus the 2007 model are the TPS (tire pressure sensor) detection, cruise control, automatic door locks (only from the inside of the vehicle), nine airbags (yes, you read that right), stability control, actual gas gauge meter (goodbye silly battery style gas meter that the 2007 model bore), and mostly black interior which used to be only for the sportier SE models. Overall, this model is just as gas efficient and easy to drive as its fore sisters, is safer (as far as airbags are concerned), and has some useful additional features that its predecessor didn't offer. It may not be the prettiest or sportiest or most spacious compact sedan out there, but at the end of the day, "it's a car!""

Easy and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, Fun to drive, Gas Mileage, Comforatble"

Cons: "No center console"

"When I bought this car I was an inexperienced driver, but when I drove it home I was incredulous at the ease of driving the car. It handles like a dream but it not overly sensitive nor dull. It is comfortable to drive and extremely agile. Most importantly it was affordable, but came with all the features I want. I recommend this car to young drivers who are still getting comfortable driving and to people who want an affordable, agile, and comfortable ride."