2014 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,648 - $14,185.

10/6.1

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great little car for a teen

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great price, Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "No middle arm rests, does not accelerate well."

"Great vehicle for a young person. I was 17 years old when i decided I wanted my Toyota Yaris. Not thinking it through, I got the basic model without power windows or locks (Stupid decision on my part, I know). However, after having the car for a year.. I have found that there is GREAT gas mileage, for a full tank where I am it is only $30 to fill the tank and lasts me a good two weeks. The car literally drives - and rides like a go cart. Which is great and fun, but now that I am older, and driving longer distances I have found that the car is VERY uncomfortable for long drives. Like I said, this is a wonderful, affordable car for teenagers and younger people, but if you are looking for a luxury vehicle this is not it. I am looking at trading in the vehicle now for an upgrade.. I have issues with large trucks and 18 wheelers coming over into my lane on top of me -whether that be bad luck or not, it hasn't happened as often as it does when I drive the Yaris. Also, when I am trying to accelerate onto the nterstate it is VERY hard to get the car up to speed in a short acceleration lane. BEWARE and be ready to have to break and/or swerve when you can't accelerate and people won't let you over. BUT It has been a great, very reliable, cheap little car."

LOVE IT! 2013 Yaris is Just What a Car Should Be.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Efficient...Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "None to Speak Of. Love This Car!"

"This car really satisfies! Toyota is known for its Reliability and the Yaris is no exception. This car is going to be there every single time you need it. Another plus for the Yaris is the Simplicity. It's interior is designed to provide everything you need but no extra clutter and frills. Excellent stereo, built in Bluetooth for streaming Pandora or what have you, adequate cup holders etc. Everything you need and nothing you don't. What is most lovebale? The Yaris' Fuel Efficiency. This car "sips" gas. I average at least 41 MPG. I LOVE IT...I am absolutely in love with this car."

Love it!

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "trunk, gas mileage, turn radius, responsive"

Cons: "no armrest"

"No lie, when I first got it, I was like, what have I done?! After a few days with it, I don't think I'm ever getting rid of it. I love the spacious cabin; it's huge. Bluetooth comes standard, fun to drive, and it looks pretty good too. I had it for a week and people were giving me compliments. I love that it's small but still drives like a predator. Parking is a breeze, particularly parallel parking and even tight spots are no problem. Trunk plus drop down seats, there isn't anything my car can't haul. My car can get around anything and everything. K-Turns? This car doesn't know what that is. The turn radius is ridiculous! Usually, it's a two-point turn even on a tiny street! During Hurricane Sandy, there were cars lined up behind downed trees and small spaces. I had no problem getting through and, not to mention, gas on this guy, I'll go three to four weeks without filling up and when I do, it's no more than $40. Negatives, no armrest, but I easily purchased a universal one and you'd never be able to tell it didn't come with it. I could go on forever on the topic to why I love this car. I'm having fun customizing it and really making it my own. Even when I do get a new car, I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep Trooper around."

Best car out there!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "practical, fun to drive, great value, convenient"

Cons: "nothing"

"I'm always recommending this car to everyone I meet that has anything to say about it. Mine is a 2010 and has now 22000+ miles on it and running the same as it was when it drove off the lot. It's my first Toyota and I can see why the engines have such a good rep. The Yaris is so tiny yet so practical in every way imaginable. You can park this thing anywhere, the turning radius allows you to pull a U-turn on any street, and the handling feels like a much more expensive sport hatch. The listed economy figures are very conservative: I get 40mpg easily, and I can do that while still having the oomph to pass most cars I see on the road. Granted, mind is a manual which gives me an edge, but it's just so much fun to drive and doesn't break the bank. I was amazed at how much storage space there is inside; they put compartments everywhere, even a second glove box behind the steering wheel. Really smart design. I only took a point off for quality as there is an abundance of cheap-ish plastic, but you're not paying for a Rolls-Royce here so that's ok with me. And the seats could be a bit more comfortable, but I'm pretty short so this is a common problem for me. No other complaints I can think of. This is just a really great car for a fantastic price. On a side note, I'd like to add that it's also designed with impacts in mind. My husband hit a deer on the highway, and no major damage was to be had, just cosmetic. Upon closer inspection, I noticed how the front is designed to transfer energy in the event of a collision, and I'm really glad we were in this car when it happened."

Great Car!!

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mpg, lots of room inside"

Cons: "low horsepower engine"

"I love my 2012 Toyota Yaris LE(5 door model). I was really impressed with the amount of space for passengers inside the vehicle. The car is small, but there is plenty of room for everyone. The men in family are not small (my brother is over 6ft tall), and he can sit comfortably in the back. The car rides smooths and has excellent gas mileage. The only issue is that the car is not great for passing, but I read about the car before I bought so I was not surprised. If you want a small car with a lot of power this is not the car for you. However, if you want a reliable car that gets great gas mileage and allows you to have some of the perks (like satellite radio, power windows, etc.) for a low price, then I would recommend this car. We recently drove the car down to Florida for a week vacation and then back home and the car did terrific! I would recommend this car to anyone!"