• 2014 Compact Cars

2013 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,926 - $14,301.

10/6.2

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Yaris: 10/10 in reliability but lacking elsewhere

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "TPS, nine airbags, stability control, gas mileage"

Cons: "manual windows, spaciousness, body style/design"

"I give the 2012 Toyota Yaris 5dr Liftback Auto LE model an overall 6/10 rating. I have yet to have any major mechanical issues with this model or my previous 2007 Toyota Yaris Base 4dr Sedan model, which had 130,000 miles on it before I traded it in for this 2012 model. My main reason for staying with the Toyota Yaris was due to the excellent gas mileage, low maintenance costs, and superb maneuverability and drivability benefits. Unfortunately, when it comes down to comfort and overall value of what you're getting, there is much to be desired in comparison to the 2007 Toyota Yaris. This 2012 model has had a complete body style transformation. Personally, I'm not a fan of the missing arm rest, bizarre hatchback body style (which basically has the visual appeal of a miniaturized mini-van), the still prevalent manual windows, the exact same laggy engine, and the small viewing window reversal which now sits in the front window area instead of the rear. With the small viewing window being positioned up front now, it makes it easier for potential thieves to bust out that window and have direct access to the interior automatic door locks. In the 2007 Yaris, the viewing window being in the back was genius because the sideways styled locks could not be accessed easily by a thief. On the other hand, the bonuses of the 2012 model versus the 2007 model are the TPS (tire pressure sensor) detection, cruise control, automatic door locks (only from the inside of the vehicle), nine airbags (yes, you read that right), stability control, actual gas gauge meter (goodbye silly battery style gas meter that the 2007 model bore), and mostly black interior which used to be only for the sportier SE models. Overall, this model is just as gas efficient and easy to drive as its fore sisters, is safer (as far as airbags are concerned), and has some useful additional features that its predecessor didn't offer. It may not be the prettiest or sportiest or most spacious compact sedan out there, but at the end of the day, "it's a car!""

Easy and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, Fun to drive, Gas Mileage, Comforatble"

Cons: "No center console"

"When I bought this car I was an inexperienced driver, but when I drove it home I was incredulous at the ease of driving the car. It handles like a dream but it not overly sensitive nor dull. It is comfortable to drive and extremely agile. Most importantly it was affordable, but came with all the features I want. I recommend this car to young drivers who are still getting comfortable driving and to people who want an affordable, agile, and comfortable ride."

Love it!

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "trunk, gas mileage, turn radius, responsive"

Cons: "no armrest"

"No lie, when I first got it, I was like, what have I done?! After a few days with it, I don't think I'm ever getting rid of it. I love the spacious cabin; it's huge. Bluetooth comes standard, fun to drive, and it looks pretty good too. I had it for a week and people were giving me compliments. I love that it's small but still drives like a predator. Parking is a breeze, particularly parallel parking and even tight spots are no problem. Trunk plus drop down seats, there isn't anything my car can't haul. My car can get around anything and everything. K-Turns? This car doesn't know what that is. The turn radius is ridiculous! Usually, it's a two-point turn even on a tiny street! During Hurricane Sandy, there were cars lined up behind downed trees and small spaces. I had no problem getting through and, not to mention, gas on this guy, I'll go three to four weeks without filling up and when I do, it's no more than $40. Negatives, no armrest, but I easily purchased a universal one and you'd never be able to tell it didn't come with it. I could go on forever on the topic to why I love this car. I'm having fun customizing it and really making it my own. Even when I do get a new car, I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep Trooper around."

bought a used loved it! went and bought a new 2014

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "reliable,sporty,comfortable interior,fun to drive"

"Bought a used 2007 for fuel economy.. never had owned a hatchback or a compact for that matter ..my wife and I loved it so much we decided to give our daughter the 2007 and we bought a 2014 SE for everyday commute.. Great gas mileage and very comfortable and reliable ..did I mention the 2007 has 120000 miles and literally drives like New.. if you want horsepower it is not the car for you.. I have a 2013 dodge challenger rt with a HEMI v8 for horsepower.. but if I was to choose i would keep the yaris..At 40mpg it's a no brainer! and there is no new car that is inexpensive every new car is expensive!"

Worst vehicle I have ever rented

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

I don't own this car

"Fuel economy and handling is good. Acceleration is sometimes sluggish. Road noise is unbearable, especially on freeway. Visibility is limited due to headrests. Prior to renting, I had entertained the purchase of a Yaris, but would will not as result of rental experience. I have a 2006 Corolla and 1996 Camry (235,000+). Both put the Yaris to shame and road noise is at least 75% less."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25