2012 Toyota Yaris

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great value for a car

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "great price, zero maintenance, great mileage"

Cons: "not comfortable for very long drives"

"A true value for money. The sedan is a gem, no more being manufactured (possibly due to its great value!). Very drive-able even in snow conditions of CT and IL. Good mileage and zero maintenance. Do not expect the comfort and style of a premium car though."

Good and RELIABLE!

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "It meets my expectations all the way"

"In 2012, I purchased my 2007 Yaris 2-door hatchback as a daily commuter. It had 89K miles on it; now it has 130K miles. The car makes on average (mostly highway miles) 30mpg. I am an aggressive driver; this little things gets to 80 mpg amazingly fast for its HP and curve weight! Its interior is ordinary, but comfortable for long trips. The car gets regular oil changes and I've changed the set of tires once in the two and a half years that I've owned it. I am planning on keeping it till it falls apart."

Great around town vehicle and more

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, sits up high for shorter driver"

Cons: "works hard to high speed"

"I traded in a Honda Civic for a used 2012 Toyota Yaris. The reason I traded the Honda was after driving it, I thought I needed rehab on my hips! Not a comfortable car at.all. In comparison, my little Yaris is awesome in the comfort category. I'm 5'1 and I sit very high up in the Yaris - probably the #1 reason I bought it as this is hard to find in an affordable car. Next, the gas mileage is AWESOME! Its interior is ordinary but fine. Plenty of room - I had a 6'4" friend in the passenger seat and he said it was comfortable. The only thing I wish is that it had more pickup to get onto the highway - it works hard to get to 60 mph...but once there, it keeps up with the best of them. Cute, safe, and maintenance free. It's a keeper!"

More Than I Expected

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"I bought this 2012 L 5 dr hatch used when a woman running a light "customized" our minivan. Had 6,800 miles; was not a rental so it had Toyota's full warranty. PROS: Small yet large inside, can carry an amazing cargo inside with the rear seat folded, interior has light grey accents which kills the omnipresent funereal black of most cars, turns on a 31-foot dime, corners like a roller skate, is so homely it's cute, (makes my wife want to knit a sweater for it). Have averaged 37.4 mpg over 16,100 miles over 17 months ownership. CONS: Minor, really. Wish it had cruise and pw, but did add aftermarket centre armrest and heated seats (installed by a local shop) RECOMMEND? I make no recommendations to anyone on any product. I just let them look and decide if it meets their needs. I thought about upgrading to a 2015 with cruise and pw, but the front end of the '15 appears to have the bucket of a Melroe Bobcat welded onto it. Too much sake, Toyota stylists?"

good car

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Cons: "no built-in litter holder"

"i like this car. My only complaint is that I wish Toyota made a lighter color interior. Am only able to get it in black and it absorbs too much heat during warm months."