2012 Toyota Yaris

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Best Kept Secret

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Too many to list"

Cons: "No armrest, easily fixed with leather pillow"

"I rented many vehicles from Enterprise and Hertz to "live with" all the models I was considering (and to see how they had held-up with all the different crazy drivers they see), and the Yaris' were always "tight and right" regardless of how many rental-car thrashing miles were on them...except one particular Yaris (I rented 3 different Yaris' once I narrowed my search down) that had been wrecked and had a very worn tire that roared on the highway. But it still drove pretty good considering what it had been through and they were still renting it out. This is not a high volume seller for Toyota because of the Corolla and Prius C being priced slightly higher than the Yaris. That is a shame, for it might possibly be one of their best built cars. I love the fact that it has the bullet-proof 1.5L engine and old-tech transmission that have been around for "many" years with used one's out there in the 300+ thousand- mile range with very little (if any) problems. Plenty of space for larger people, great legroom in back. Trunk space kinda small with rear seats up, but fold them down?....and you get a "lot" of room back there (enough for two people to go to the beach for a week or camping for a week). Rides great, gas mileage is great, it is pretty quiet on the road (never understood how the Car Magazines said it is noisy....try a Rio5 when it is cold...sounds like a blender grating ice. That worried me when the Rio5 salesman said "That is Gas Direct Injection Technology, it quiets down once it warms up" I did not like that at all. And many small cars are going to that Gas Direct Injection...except the Yaris..."yay"). The old-tech transmission on the Yaris is a smooth, very simple automatic transmission that does not need 5th or 6th gearing. It is a road cruiser! It keeps up with and passes traffic plenty-fine...quite peppy once broken-in correctly! The simplicity of the car is what attracted me compared to Rio5, Accent, Fiesta, Fiat, Versa and Fit. Did not try the Mazda2 due to past experience with that company. The Yaris' just felt better built than those others and too many features eventually break after time and are not cheap to fix. The only thing I do not like is that the dash and door panels can mark-up easily (have to keep a microfiber towel around) and the bluetooth has cut-out on me once in a while...probably the fault of my flip phone and no tachometer except on the SE Model. But I do enjoy this car. Sure, I could have bought something more exciting, but the Yaris is fun, simple, comfortable and the "VERY Simple Maintenance" requirements make it a great value as well. It does not pretend to be something it is not. I got it for a very fair price...some dealers are willing to deal. It has the features you truly only need (power everything, remote, tilt, a/c, cruise, great stereo, bluetooth)and nothing more. It is worth a look."

bought a used loved it! went and bought a new 2014

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "reliable,sporty,comfortable interior,fun to drive"

"Bought a used 2007 for fuel economy.. never had owned a hatchback or a compact for that matter ..my wife and I loved it so much we decided to give our daughter the 2007 and we bought a 2014 SE for everyday commute.. Great gas mileage and very comfortable and reliable ..did I mention the 2007 has 120000 miles and literally drives like New.. if you want horsepower it is not the car for you.. I have a 2013 dodge challenger rt with a HEMI v8 for horsepower.. but if I was to choose i would keep the yaris..At 40mpg it's a no brainer! and there is no new car that is inexpensive every new car is expensive!"

LOVE IT! 2013 Yaris is Just What a Car Should Be.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Efficient...Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "None to Speak Of. Love This Car!"

"This car really satisfies! Toyota is known for its Reliability and the Yaris is no exception. This car is going to be there every single time you need it. Another plus for the Yaris is the Simplicity. It's interior is designed to provide everything you need but no extra clutter and frills. Excellent stereo, built in Bluetooth for streaming Pandora or what have you, adequate cup holders etc. Everything you need and nothing you don't. What is most lovebale? The Yaris' Fuel Efficiency. This car "sips" gas. I average at least 41 MPG. I LOVE IT...I am absolutely in love with this car."

Had it as a rental, Loved it so bought one.

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "reliability, gas mileage, agility, size"

Cons: "No arm rest, Easily damaged materials"

"Just purchased my 2013 Yaris LE 3-door. I love the drive and I get great gas mileage. I had the rental prior to my purchase and in a week, I used a little under a half a tank. I drove it quite a bit actually, Both in city and highway. Only qualms I have are no arm rests, easily dirtied and scratched hard materials in the dash, and no tachometer (Only on SE model). Besides that, This car is absolutely amazing to drive, It's super fun for me. I like that they are using a tried and true engine/transmission combination. After seeing older Yaris models with 100K + miles, I definitely am looking forward to the reliability!"

great car to save in space and gas but it shakes !

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"You can expect amazing if you have a toyota Yaris...expect also in windy whether that the car shakes in the highway and really is hard to control the steering. I think people in Toyota should work on this because is the only defect I can mention ..."