2011 Toyota Yaris

Based on 777 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Great small car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Great on gas. Fold rear seats down for more room"

Cons: "Poor emergency handling."

7 years old and still looks great

"I have used this car daily for the last 7 years. I have replaced the brake pads twice and the brake shoes once. I have changed the oil every 5,000 and had to replace a transaxle seal on the right side. Other than that, I have done nothing but put tires on it and gas into it. I would say that this car does have an issue with emergency control. This car is light weight and no matter what tires you put on, be careful on wet roads. Give plenty of room. If you have to do an emergency stop on wet roads you will not be able to stop in a distance that you would like. In the winter I put Les Schwab Observe tires on it, to get through the snow in the Puget Sound. This car is superior in snow."

7 years old and still looks great

Great car, great gas mileage, surprisingly smooth

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

"I've owned this car for a year and a half, and I've driven it to and from work daily, as well as from TN to CA and back plus numerous shorter road trips. The Yaris is quite comfortable for the driver and passenger. The back seat is a bit small, but I usually have the seats laid down for my dogs or to haul things around, and for this it's much roomier than you'd expect. I even slept in the back of this thing on several of my road trips. The Yaris handles really well; the turn radius on it is really just amazing. I also don't feel like I'm getting whipped around in the wind on the interstate, like I felt with my old '98 Prizm. The gas mileage is really amazing too - I average about 37 when I'm driving town and interstate, but for interstate road trips I use E85 to get about 40 mpg. I bought this car because I wanted a relatively inexpensive crossover-type vehicle. A hatchback/hauling-type car with good gas mileage were my biggest considerations. I am 100% satisfied with my Yaris and would absolutely recommend it."

A value: cheap to own and run, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Cheap to run, fix, maintain"

Cons: "Style, no tachometer, slightly uncomfortable"

"I did a few things to my car like adding the factory sway bar, spolier, and some aftermarket rear lights and fog lights...so it doesn't look like other Yaris's. It also gave it much better handling and looks. The manual 5-speed makes this very quick and I suprise many people by keeping up with sports cars off the line...yet I average almost 40 mpgs! While small cars are not for everyone I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas and maintenance....I've don 99% of the work myself. The brakes lasted over 155k!"

I love this car!!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "incredible mileage, fun to drive, great quality"

Cons: "seats are a bit firm for my taste"

"I have had my Yaris for 3 years now, and I absolutely love it, I myself stand at 6'3" tall, and I am not cramped in it like most other smaller cars, I have never had any mechanical problems in the 50,000+ miles I have put on it. I find it is absolutely fantastic to drive, loads of fun, handles great, the 106hp engine seems like a low number, but given the extreme light weight of the car it really seems quick, despite what the rating is, I average roughly 41 mpg between city and highway driving, which is outstanding!!! The seats are a bit stiff for anyone planning to drive distance you may want to stop a take a break once in a while, but for me, I live 17 miles from town, and it just makes the commute a pleasant and affordable experience!! I love this car!!!"

35 -40 mpg. Great value. Handles fairly well.

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable, well-built"

Cons: "Don'l like the tail lights or the front view"

"The car is very well built. The doors and hood close securely. I get 35 -40 mpg. When I replaced the tires with performance tires, I got even better mileage. At first I didn't like the center gauges, but I got used to it. The (3) glove boxes are great. I wish it had a center console to store stuff. There is quite a bit of room for a small car. Most people are amazed with the space. I've had oil changes and (1) rear brake change. The Yaris has held up very well, with no problems For $13k, it's the best value on the market."

Quality, excellent MPG, reliable

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "MPG, reliability, quality"

"Over the last two years I have driven over 140000 miles in this car. The only trouble I have had is the gas gauge stopped working at 120000 miles. It doesn't register below 1/4 tank, so I just fuel at 1/4 now. I have been hit 2 times by deer in this car, and only have a ripple in the rear pannel. The car is also excellent in snow. I have drove this car in conditions most people would not be on the road and made it everytime. I purchased this car because I spend a lot of time on the road and I never thought I would be so happy with a car."

Excellent value

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "I feel this is the best economy car on the road."

Cons: "Buy the power windows, locks, cruise control"

"I went with bare bones and that was my fault. Rolling up windows and pushing locks when one is used to power everything is a pain. The car is a winner. It is a gas sipper, incredibly reliable and stable on the road."

Fantastic Milage

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"Somehow I think they have under rated this car on gas milage... we still get 39 mpg Hwy 33 City after 50,000 miles. We just put on new tires and a new air filter which definitely helped it get back those numbers. One piece of advice, buy good quality replacement tires, the originals never gave this car as good a ride as these do. So far repair free too."

Good Job

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"That's all I have to say to Toyota. When you think of the base price ($12K) and the performance you can't even compare it with anything. I have the Hatchback and it swallows as much cargo as our Park Avenue (of course, rear seats are down in the Yaris but it can fit in the cabin of the PA. I think that the Yaris has gotten bad press especially when compared with the Fit. If I watch my left foot and don't give a flip about the number of people who are flipping me off in my rear view mirror, I'll get 45 mpg. If I get rasty I have never gone below 39 mpg. I don't know where or what AW did to get 30 mpg - took it to the drag strip?? Anyhow, fit and finish is great and, even though some don't like the driving position and the limited modifications to it, I find it just perfect and comfortable. On the highway at 70 it handles great and still gets about 35 mpg (fun to watch the hogs go by getting 20 mpg or less - why don't those liberals get it??). Would I buy another one - you bet ya, first in line!!"

Best economy car out there!

By on Friday, June 05, 2009

"I have an '07 Yaris Sedan and I am extremely satisfied with the decision to buy. For one, the vehicle is inexpensive enough that I was able to buy NEW on income I was earning as a part-time intern and without a co-signer. Secondly, the car looks really nice and is very feature-rich even at the base. Handling and performance were also of the highest quality that I could expect for that price. Lastly and most importantly...as my career progressed and my income changed significantly, I am now seeking a new vehicle. I am VERY pleased to confirm that my car has maintained a solid resale value for nearly three years. In fact, the price I am expecting to sell for has only seen $2,400 depreciation! Amazing! I strongly recommend this car to anyone who is interested."