2011 Toyota Yaris

Based on 777 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Super get about town or medium distance drive car

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Price ok but rising, great mpg, good handling, so ugly it's cute"

Cons: "Not for long distance travel - never intended as such"

"Look, you're not going to get the ride or bells and whistles of a BMW, Mercedes or Cadillac. I bought the Yaris (in '07 at 12K) as a second car, for my work as a volunteer driver for the American Red Cross. On average, I pick up blood donations 4 to 8 times a month in the Buffalo, NY area and drive them to Rochester, NY. These trips average 140 miles round trip. Living in NY, the extortionist tax state, gas prices are always 20 plus cents more than the national average. My Yaris is a miser on gas, averaging 40 /- mpg on the road, depending on weather/traffic conditions, as expected. It now has over 68000 miles and the only things I replaced were front brake pads and plugs (myself - they're easily accessible) at 50000 miles and front tires (shoulda rotated). Now the muffler is grumbling like my beloved wife) and I am going to buy a new one. My Yaris is a 5 speed manual, base car. It served its intended purpose well. Quick manuevering, sporty ride (that's "stiff" to those wanting a marshmallow ride), drives well in snow (I live in Buffalo), reliable - has always started and gone even being non-garage housed, and the hatchback provides all the room I need to transport the coolers and boxes of blood I deliver. I would not venture on a cross country trip in it but that's what I have my Dodge Grand Caravan for - to tow my utility trailer, my mini popup camper and to drive my 5 granddaughters around. If you are looking for a zip about town, economical vehicle, buy this guy!!!!"

Can't kill it

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "low gas milage"

Cons: "not for tall people"

"Gets 36-38 mpg ave just change the oil it just keeps on running and running i will die before my toyota does."

Best car ever!

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "GREAT price, drive, easy to park,GREAT on gas!"

Cons: "no mud flaps, leg room in front"

"I have no power ANYTHING! No rear defrost and a 5-speed. Car was brand new and inexpensive!!! Have been rear ended and the car held up pefectly! No engine trouble ever. A little noisy inside the car. Perfect for a single person or a couple with no kids. No real trunk space but the back seat folds down for lots of room!!"

Not meant for the family

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I am a 23 year old mother of a 4 year old with special needs. I was the first person to buy a Yaris sedan at my local dealership March of 2006. My car gets an average of 38 miles to the gallon, after I used slick 50. The unique styling still makes people look at me when I drive by and people still ask if its a hybrid. I love the sport shifter and believe it or not, it only takes a few days to get used to everything in the center console. In fact when I use my husbands' camry, it feels awkard. Cons- If you are a long commuter, the seats are not that comfy. Car seats can fit in the rear, but do not put them in the center because your childs feet will be squished. The trunk can accomadate a stroller and a walker, but nothing else."

Fun, Fast, room for 4 real size people

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "fun drive in summer and no problem in ice/snow"

Cons: "Love the large fold away cup holders on the dash"

"This car is cute to look at, small enough to park anywhere. The interior is basic but has lots of leg room front and back. With the back seat down I have transported a large reclianer with the hatch closed and a 8 foot book case with the hatch open. We call it our TARTUS (Dr Who)because its bigger on the inside."