2011 Toyota Yaris

Based on 762 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

It's an appliance

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Reliable. Well made, good on gas"

Cons: "Excess body roll. Unengaged drive"

"Have had the car for 2 years now. It's certainly not the most engaging car to drive or the most fun, but it has been bullet proof as far as reliability is concerned. Not a squeak or rattle from the car, and nothing has needed to be repaired or replaced. Incredibly easy to park. Very good on gas averaging 33 mpg in mixed driving. Could certainly do with a 5 speed auto instead of the 4 that it has for more relaxed rpm's. Not a car you would want to do long journeys in. Not enough room to stretch the left leg out fully, but for a small wheel base, it soaks up bumps better than the other small cars I have."

i really like my toyota

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "super economy 38 mpg for 125000 miles"

Cons: "cruise control had to be aftermarket"

"This little car has been practically perfect in every way. It has a started issue, which I have ignored for 4 years. Just a little more cushion in the seats would be nice. Every tank of gas is on the government fueleconomy website. I've averaged 38 mpg which includes many 1,000's of miles of pulling my little tear drop camper."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"This car has been very good to our family over the past four years. It so reliable, not a single problem so far. Great gas mileage. The only complaints are the interior could be a little nicer and its too small for a family of four. Wish I would have waited for the four door. The styling is awesome. It's the cutest car and super fun to drive."

Great car at a great price

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I have a Yaris S sedan. I've had the car for about 5 years and have just turned over 70,000 miles. I bought the car new. When I was looking at cars I was looking for a 4-door commuter car that had a low price and had a high MPG. I would have bought the standard sedan (no power locks or windows), in order to save some money, but the dealerships in the area didn't have them. Now I'm happy I went with the S sedan model. I love my car! It has been great to me, and of course, I've been good to it. I keep up on regular maintenance, and I haven't had any issue with my car. The only thing that has broken is the latch of the small compartment to the left of the steering wheel. The exterior and interior of the car still look great. The trunk has a lot of room for the size of the car. A friend with a truck helped me move and he was amazed at the amount of stuff (and my packing skills, thank you tetris) I was able to pack into my car. The back seat has a good amount of room. I'm able to fit the large dog kennel I have in the backseat perfectly. The backseat is a bit small if you are a tall person. My brother is a little over 6 feet and he feels a bit cramped in the backseat. The stereo is great, and the car has an AUX plug, which is great on long drives. I do have a few issues with the design of the interior of the car, but I learned to live them since they're really not big deals. One is the placement of the cup holders for the driver and passenger (they are right in front of the air vents), an other is the location of the cruise control, and the last thing I don't like is it has an electronic fuel gauge. Like I said, not big deals. Overall this is a great car at a great price."

Great Car, Great Price

By on Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"I give this car a 5 star rating for a few reasons. for staters it comes in at a great price point, fuel economy is insanely good ( i drove from boston to new york and back on one tank of gas .$30 bucks worth) maintainance is super simple i usually pay for someone to do the oil changes on my cars but in this car everything is easily accessible so I did it myself in 15 mins. Comfort is great and its has good size( I have the sedan). I gave performance a 5 for the sole reason that its not a 370z so I understand its not going to perform like one so for what it is it does the job just fine. I hope to keep this car for about 12 years to get me to and from work. Hope you guys enjoy my review."

Down to earth vehicle

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"This car is a good value for those that don't need all the bells and whistles to bigger cars in exchange for getting better fuel economy and saving money on the overall cost. I have had the car for over a year and have not had any problems out of it. My peeves with this car tho are: 1. There is only one slow window wiper setting, which is annoying on drizzly days, 2. The MP3 jack is an annoying place and its hard to find the hole for it in the dark, 3. The fuel tank is small (around 12 gallons) which means more frequent trips to gas stations, 4. It is hard to check your blind spot on the driver's side, 5. The fuel gauge is not very accurate b/c it displays as 8 bars rather than a gauge so you never know how close you REALLY are to being empty, 6. The speedometer is in the middle of the dash board so it takes getting used to, 7. The cupholders are directly in front of the heater/A/C so they get in the way of it, and 8. Of course the car is small so tall/large people do not like to ride in it, but as a female it is just the right size for my tastes. There's a suprisingly large trunk on the sedan, too. I would recommend the car!"

Very cute car!

By on Friday, January 22, 2010

"I've owned this car for a little over two years and overall, it has been very reliable. Its interior is spacious for a small car. Nice trunk space. The dashboard being in the middle was kind of weird at first but it didn't take long getting used to. Great on gas! Brakes work really well. It gets me to where I need to go and I'm glad that I bought it."

Perfect little Econo-Box

By on Thursday, December 03, 2009

"I've owned my 2008 Yaris for about 1.5 years, and I have to say I have been very pleased with it. I average 38MPG commuting 30miles each day to/from work (automatic transmission), and have hit 41 on a couple of longer drives. Overall, I'd say this is the perfect vehicle for someone that wants to save some money commuting. The interior is surprisingly spacious, even for my 6'+ friends. The seats were initially stiff, but they've since broken in and are quite comfy. The center-console dash is strange at first, but within a couple of days it felt completely natural. Lots of cup holders and cubbyholes to stash stuff in. The sound system is *okay*, and I wish they had done a bit better a job reducing road noise. A few $ spent on sound dampening would have gone a long way. Overall though, the noise certainly isn't terrible, and cranking up the radio you won't notice. The style of the Yaris is definitely love-it or hate-it. For buyers looking to get one, be warned, these things get dirty! Because of the vehicle's aerodynamics, dirt and/or snow really collects on the rear door. So if you want to keep it looking clean, expect some work there. Speaking of snow, if you live in an icy environment, get some better tires! This vehicle is extremely light, and combine that with the hard tires that come stock, it gets a bit squirrely. I'd definitely recommend buying yourself a set of good snow tires. I did, and I haven't had any more problems since. For summer driving, the stock tires are excellent! I've never had a single problem there be it dry, rainy, or foggy. The vehicle stuck to the road just like it's supposed to! Also, the breaks are simply fantastic! The car is light enough that I can practically stop on the dime, and has definitely gotten me out of a few close encounters. Heater and AC are both good. The coldest time I've driven it in was -45F, at which point I had to bundle up heavier. At -20F it's just fine though, and actually too warm sometimes. The Yaris isn't the spunkiest vehicle around in higher gears, but give it some gas/downshift, and it'll actually accelerate pretty good! For people complaining about not being able to pass, just push the accelerator to the floor and go for it! Works just fine, and you'll still get good gas mileage. So far this rig has been 100% reliable. Even at -45F, provided I plugged it in, this baby fired like a champ. I get my oil changed every 3K miles, and I fully expect this vehicle to go for 100,000+. In conclusion, for someone looking to have a small, cheap, daily driver, this guy is pretty much ideal. For someone with a family, get the 4Dr hatchback or sedan with side curtain airbags. A little bit more money, but the convenience and extra safety is probably worth it."

highest mileage car in America, gasoline engine

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"almost perfect. 30 to 40+ mpg all the time."

pretty good...

By on Monday, November 02, 2009

"only negatives: seat hurts back on long drives(hour +), does accelerate slowly but if you are willing to take the rpm's up to 4000 or 4500 you can pretty much do whatever you want positives: loud sound system (not amazing system, but for being standard it is very good), 36-42mpg (40-42mpg were only in first 4 months of car life) but 38 is my most common # now (at 15months), car is built to have oil changes every 5000 miles instead of 3000, odometer in center is easy to adjust to, great heat and ac, rear seat folding is convenient, lots of trunk room, up to 24,000 and no major problems (knock on wood) would recommend :)"

great vehicle

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"This is a excellent vehicle, I have put 36000 miles on my '08 and so far my only complaint has been that the struts have started to go already (I currently reside in California which has notoriously bad highways) I will say that I have experienced up to 35 mpg on the highway which to me makes this vehicle a much better value than MANY much higher priced hybrids. Over all a excellent, stylish vehicle with plenty of room for a small car, as a warning to potential buyers DO NOT let the any dealership to to over charge you for this vehicle as they did us."

Great Car for the money!

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"We bought our yaris a 2007 hatchback...right when they came out, and we love our yaris! It is Dad's commuter car for work. Never had any issues with it. The car is actually pretty roomie inside, fun to drive, and gets great mpg 34/40. When you fold that back seat down the trunk is huge. We have moved small dresser, bought cribs, it is as big as a large SUV's cargo area. This is a great car for the money! Would highly recommend anyone buying one!"

Tops for economy!

By on Thursday, March 05, 2009

"I bought my Yaris 3 years ago, and it has not cost me a dime. I get 30 mpg in town, and can get over 40mpg on the highway if I keep it at 65 or below. It has incredible leg and head room for a small car, and I love where the speedometer is located on the dash, although in some reviews, that was considered a negetive. You can not beat this car for cost of ownership."

BEST VEHICLE SO FAR ....

By on Monday, September 29, 2008

"I went shopping and looked at 7 different car makes; strictly focusing on mileage and inexpensive cost to get me to/from work. I'm so happy I found the Yaris Hatchback! I got the 2008 because no 2007's were available. I paid $300 more for the anti-lock brakes .. something that I felt should already be included in every Yaris for safety sake. and I paid $600 for the Convenience package (AM/FM/CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack; rear window wiper/defroster, 15" aluminum alloy wheels) My driving commute for work had increased three fold due to a change in work location and driving my Ford Explorer was just killing me on gas! Now, with car payment and gas fillups for the Yaris, I come out about $100 less per month in overall cost. My only regret was that I really wanted the 60/40 split rear seats and that option ONLY comes with the power package ... and because I had wanted to keep the monthly payments down to the minimum, I passed. I had an after market alarm and automatic door locks installed (for the 2 doors; can't do auto lock for the hatchback door) and it was far less than what Toyota would have charged. I do mostly highway driving to get to work and yes, it is a bit S-L-O-W on acceleration to get onto the highway, but for a 4-cylinder, it goes. It handles my shopping needs when I go to Costco and purchase bulk items. I have to watch the front of the vehicle as it is lower than what I am used to driving to see if it will "clear" the parking burm. You can't see the front of the car, so I've had to get used to stopping a few feet from it. I already have a small scrape from one that was a little high. My daughter loves riding it more than the Ford. I was hesitant in selling my Ford because I thought I'd miss the larger size/power/room, but I am a bit more used to the Yaris now that I can part with it. My husband laughed at the Yaris when I brought it home to show him (he drives a Chevy Silverado). But he was amazed and said it had more room than it looked .. even in the backseat! Now, he is considering trading in his truck for a Yaris, too! LOL !!! I have gone through 4 different makes of vehicles (Dodge, Chevy, Mazda, Ford) and TOYOTA is the best !!!! The Yaris is a fun, economical, no frills, get-ya-there, car!"

Best Car Ever

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"I've had a Chevy, a Kia and finally this Toyota..smartest decision I EVER made. My Yaris gets about 40mpg! LOVE it! =)"

GAS SAVER!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"I HAVE THE SEDAN AND IS A GAS SAVER, I TRADED MY ALTIMA FOR BETSY (YARIS) , what i did not like about it is once you get to highway speed, it takes a while to get there but it gets there, once ur up your good 2 go, it has a sporty acceleration, and when its windy the car moves a little but honestly i love this car gas saver, and it does not cost alot i i truly recommended that i mention it saves u GGGAAASSS!!!"

Great for the price

By on Saturday, June 14, 2008

"I bought this car in May 06, so we just had our 2 year anniversary. It has been reliable and fun and I got alot of questions about it. With gas prices the way they are now, I am even more sure that this car was right for me. I have taken it on long road trips to FL, TN, Maine, Niagara Falls, and it has always been an asset. We even took pictures of him on his journeys. I still love the way this car looks!! Martie, NJ"

Love my Yaris

By on Thursday, May 08, 2008

"I have had my Yaris for about a year and a half now and I love it. I originally bought the car because I needed an economical vehicle to travel for work. I never thought I would enjoy this car as much as I do. It is roomier than I thought it would be and you just can't beat the gas milage!! I get about 36-38 mph city and about 40-43 mpg highway. I love the way the Yaris handles the open road, except maybe in high wind situations. You have to really concentrate on keeping the car on the road. Other than that, the Yaris is a great car with a lot of "giddy-up" even with the ari conditioning running."

Cute Car

By on Thursday, May 01, 2008

"I bought this car to save money on gas and it does that very well. I average 36 MPG in town and 40 on the highway. It is roomy (I have very long legs) and just plain cute. After many years in a minivan I love scooting around in this thing."

Reality Check for the Masses

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"This car will meet the NEEDS of 95% of the population. Seating for 4 or seating for 2 and room for lots of groceries. I've read that the downside is acceleration and handling but I think that was driver error. I'm always first to the merge lanes!"

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"This car is great! I've had it for about a year now and I've put about 20k miles on it so far. I get great gas mileage, and I actually think that the pickup is a lot better than other cars I've driven. It isn't the most comfortable car, because there isn't any lumbar support, but I like the new innovations, like tons of compartment space and a center mounted speedometer. This is the first new car I've ever bought, and I'm completely satisfied. I love my automatic door locks and windows, and remote entry is nice. I wish that there was available cruise control, however. The fold flat seats are very convenient-I can get my bike in there! Overall, a great little car!"

Luv It!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2008

"I've put about 30k miles on my Yaris so far, and I love it more every day. It handles any type of weather, it's much much roomier than it appears from the outside. I've packed the back with so much stuff! I have the base package, and wish I'd splurged on cruise control for those long commutes, but the gas mileage is great, it's very comfortable, and I would highly recommend this car!!"

Great buy

By on Thursday, March 06, 2008

"Bought the hatchback on 6/29/06 and haven't had any problems. Great gas mileage even. Even during the cold Wisconsin winter still gets over 32. Great for long commutes and roadtrips. Backseat is a lot bigger than it appears. Centered speedometer is great for the way I hold the stearing wheel. Little slow on takeoff and reallys gets blown around on the interstate by wind gusts and semis. Got basic package and it is a little too basic with no cruise or power options. Oh well, 36000 miles and still running perfect."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I needed a car that would be safe for my baby and I, that also got good gas mileage. The Yaris is where I found those requirements. I also needed something affordable, with a $14,000 price tag it was perfect. Being a shorter person, I fit into this car, and so does my daughters car seat. But if you are on the taller side it can get to the cramped side of things. Another thing is that it can go in the snow like a little tank, good for long New England winters."

Another Great Toyota

By on Friday, February 08, 2008

"I have owned my 07 Yaris for 1 year now, put 20K miles. I have had no mechanical issues, great gas milage, standard performance (its a 4cy, I expected this), great interior room. I love my Yaris, so glad I traded my old Corolla in for it."