2011 Toyota Yaris

Based on 762 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Not meant for the family

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I am a 23 year old mother of a 4 year old with special needs. I was the first person to buy a Yaris sedan at my local dealership March of 2006. My car gets an average of 38 miles to the gallon, after I used slick 50. The unique styling still makes people look at me when I drive by and people still ask if its a hybrid. I love the sport shifter and believe it or not, it only takes a few days to get used to everything in the center console. In fact when I use my husbands' camry, it feels awkard. Cons- If you are a long commuter, the seats are not that comfy. Car seats can fit in the rear, but do not put them in the center because your childs feet will be squished. The trunk can accomadate a stroller and a walker, but nothing else."

Excellent vehicle! Value, MPG, Performance!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, great performance and handling."

Cons: "Putting the 12V receptacle in the center console."

"I bought this car in March 2011 through a used car dealer affiliated with my credit union. It had 60,600 miles. In 3.5 years, I have driven it 150,000 miles as a courier vehicle, in town (70%) and on the highway (30%). The only thing I have had to replace was the battery (fall 2011); the rest has been regular maintenance (oil changes, tires, shocks, brake pads and shoes). This car has delivered everything I have asked of it (30-32 MPG in town, 38-40 highway). When I need to replace it, I am going to buy another Toyota (this car is my 3rd Toyota)."

40 mpg city 55 mpg HW reliable cheap to own great

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

"For 8 years owing this Yaris I had no mechanical problems.Gas economy is outstanding, much higher than the official figures, and power is more than enough.It looks small but, actually, is bigger than Corollas of the 1990s. Can be parked almost anywhere. Consumer Reports speaks of inconveniences inside the car. For 8 years I haven't discovered them. The interior is somewhat Spartan, but I'll take it anytime combined with the outstanding reliability, economy, and more than adequate power and good overall dynamics on the road."

Toyota goes the distance!

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Relability, mpg"

Cons: "oddly shape car."

"I purchased my yaris with 23000 miles, i have had this car for 5 years and the vehicle is at 153000miles. I have never had any major issues on the car. The only work i have had done is normal wear and tear items brakes,tires,belts,air filter,oil change,transmission flush. I can confidently say this car will make to 200000 and more! The mpg is very good especially on the highway. I drive from Eaststroudsburg PA to NY on about 1/3 of a tank. (10-11 gallon tank)"

Excellent Value - Easy To Handle, and Park!

By on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pros: "Economical and easy on fuel"

Cons: "Air filter housing will vibrate and rattle."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase

"I bought a Yaris to replace my 2006 Scion xA; I was so surprised! This Yaris has more interior room. The Yaris that had been previously leased by one individual only, and the sedan was kept super clean. The dealer cleaned the engine (no steam; could tell it was hand worked with engine degreaser; cleaned the mats and put new tires and front brakes. As far as gas mileage, am getting more than the estimated 29 city / 36 highway (my Scion got 36, consistently in the city and on the highway). The Yaris 4-door sedan is getting 35 city miles per gallon, and about 39-40 highway miles per gallon (and only 87 grade regular fuel). While I LOVED the zip and stability of my Scion--especially the ease in which it always parked and got through traffic, I am finding that my Yaris is as easy to handle, park and move through traffic -- I don't even miss the manual roll-up/roll-down windows! I think the air conditioning cools faster than the Scion did, and am very, very glad to have decided on this car, instead of another Scion."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase

Cutest Egg Vehicle!

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Excellent Gas Mileage, Super Cute! Zippy!"

Cons: "No Sunroof :("

"I Bought the Yaris as a gift to myself after graduating college. I average about 32 mpg to about 43 mpg's. (depends on who is driving and where we're driving) I live in Buffalo, in ski country. I have never been stuck, (ABS, and VSC are a major plus)it always starts for me, and is so cute and cozy. For the Yaris being a small car, I can fit a lot of supplies in it. (I go camping and have no problem fitting it all in the yaris) I can fold down the seats and put my two big dogs in it and have them both be comfy. I am also a volunteer EMT, I do not wish people to see my gear in back, so the back cover provided for the trunk is a huge plus, and it helps with privacy. Great Car for not a lot of money!!!"

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"I went from a full size Chevy truck to this car with no problem.I got the S Sedan so no problems with missing anything.My best fill up was 41.7 mpg and worst was 35.3 so I have no complaints about gas mileage.It is much rommier than it appears.The plastic dash does tend to rattle some.The pickup of the car isn't too bad for such a small engine.The wind does whip the car around but nothing that can't be handled so far.I love filling up for 23-27 dollars instead of the 55-60 it took to fill the truck going the same distance."

Safety, Economy, and Reliability

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"I bought my Yaris in May 2007 and have loved it. It handles beautifully, and I get 38-39 mpg. When I insured it, my insurance rate was actually lower for the brand new Yaris than it had been for the four-year-old Dodge Neon. My insurance agent explained that this is because of the Yaris's high safety rating. I had the opportunity to test out the Yaris's safety features two days ago. Another driver hit ice and slammed into my car at a good speed. My air bag deployed, and the front of my car was completely demolished. HOWEVER, the inside of the car looks as though there was no collision at all. I walked out of the wreck with nothing more than some pretty ugly seat belt bruises and air bag pain. Nothing broken! Needless to say, I'm in the process of purchasing my second Toyota Yaris. I'd highly recommend the car to anyone who is looking for quality, safety, and reliability at a reasonable price."

Overall, I'm Happy

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"Indeed. For the money it's a good car. I got into my Yaris sedan (base model) after leaving my Honda CRV. First impressions: Great mileage! Decent power, comfortable for realitively short hops (100 miles round trip). Center mounted speedmoeter/tach was actually one of the selling points for me. The cupholders atop the airvents were not, but they suffice, that is till winter comes and I'm end up drinking hot soda. Another reviewer merntioned that "flat tire" feeling...I just noticed that today and am somewhat stumped. The two biggest gripes I have are in the trunk lid does not stay up very well when parked even on the smallest incline. On more than one occasion I've had it fall on my head while unloading groceries. And the second gripe revolves around the MP3 connection. When I hook up my iPod there is an annoying "whine" that comes over my speaker system, almost as if there should have been a resistor placed somewhere in the deck. But on the whole, I am very happy with the Yaris and would buy one again except the next time I'll spend a few extra bucks and get the power package."

Great car for thr price!

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"I love taking this car on road trips because of the great gas mileage. I have had some issues with it like the outlet not working for my phone charger and I had to brake hard one time to avoid an accident on the freeway and I have taken it to the dealer many times to check it because it feels like I am driving on a flat since then and it still hasn't been resolved."