2010 Toyota Yaris

Based on 768 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Not meant for the family

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I am a 23 year old mother of a 4 year old with special needs. I was the first person to buy a Yaris sedan at my local dealership March of 2006. My car gets an average of 38 miles to the gallon, after I used slick 50. The unique styling still makes people look at me when I drive by and people still ask if its a hybrid. I love the sport shifter and believe it or not, it only takes a few days to get used to everything in the center console. In fact when I use my husbands' camry, it feels awkard. Cons- If you are a long commuter, the seats are not that comfy. Car seats can fit in the rear, but do not put them in the center because your childs feet will be squished. The trunk can accomadate a stroller and a walker, but nothing else."

Excellent vehicle! Value, MPG, Performance!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, great performance and handling."

Cons: "Putting the 12V receptacle in the center console."

"I bought this car in March 2011 through a used car dealer affiliated with my credit union. It had 60,600 miles. In 3.5 years, I have driven it 150,000 miles as a courier vehicle, in town (70%) and on the highway (30%). The only thing I have had to replace was the battery (fall 2011); the rest has been regular maintenance (oil changes, tires, shocks, brake pads and shoes). This car has delivered everything I have asked of it (30-32 MPG in town, 38-40 highway). When I need to replace it, I am going to buy another Toyota (this car is my 3rd Toyota)."

40 mpg city 55 mpg HW reliable cheap to own great

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

"For 8 years owing this Yaris I had no mechanical problems.Gas economy is outstanding, much higher than the official figures, and power is more than enough.It looks small but, actually, is bigger than Corollas of the 1990s. Can be parked almost anywhere. Consumer Reports speaks of inconveniences inside the car. For 8 years I haven't discovered them. The interior is somewhat Spartan, but I'll take it anytime combined with the outstanding reliability, economy, and more than adequate power and good overall dynamics on the road."

Toyota goes the distance!

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Relability, mpg"

Cons: "oddly shape car."

"I purchased my yaris with 23000 miles, i have had this car for 5 years and the vehicle is at 153000miles. I have never had any major issues on the car. The only work i have had done is normal wear and tear items brakes,tires,belts,air filter,oil change,transmission flush. I can confidently say this car will make to 200000 and more! The mpg is very good especially on the highway. I drive from Eaststroudsburg PA to NY on about 1/3 of a tank. (10-11 gallon tank)"

Excellent Value - Easy To Handle, and Park!

By on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pros: "Economical and easy on fuel"

Cons: "Air filter housing will vibrate and rattle."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase

"I bought a Yaris to replace my 2006 Scion xA; I was so surprised! This Yaris has more interior room. The Yaris that had been previously leased by one individual only, and the sedan was kept super clean. The dealer cleaned the engine (no steam; could tell it was hand worked with engine degreaser; cleaned the mats and put new tires and front brakes. As far as gas mileage, am getting more than the estimated 29 city / 36 highway (my Scion got 36, consistently in the city and on the highway). The Yaris 4-door sedan is getting 35 city miles per gallon, and about 39-40 highway miles per gallon (and only 87 grade regular fuel). While I LOVED the zip and stability of my Scion--especially the ease in which it always parked and got through traffic, I am finding that my Yaris is as easy to handle, park and move through traffic -- I don't even miss the manual roll-up/roll-down windows! I think the air conditioning cools faster than the Scion did, and am very, very glad to have decided on this car, instead of another Scion."

Photo of My 2007 Yaris 4-Door Sedan Day Before Purchase