2010 Toyota Yaris

Based on 768 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

35 -40 mpg. Great value. Handles fairly well.

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable, well-built"

Cons: "Don'l like the tail lights or the front view"

"The car is very well built. The doors and hood close securely. I get 35 -40 mpg. When I replaced the tires with performance tires, I got even better mileage. At first I didn't like the center gauges, but I got used to it. The (3) glove boxes are great. I wish it had a center console to store stuff. There is quite a bit of room for a small car. Most people are amazed with the space. I've had oil changes and (1) rear brake change. The Yaris has held up very well, with no problems For $13k, it's the best value on the market."

Quality, excellent MPG, reliable

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "MPG, reliability, quality"

"Over the last two years I have driven over 140000 miles in this car. The only trouble I have had is the gas gauge stopped working at 120000 miles. It doesn't register below 1/4 tank, so I just fuel at 1/4 now. I have been hit 2 times by deer in this car, and only have a ripple in the rear pannel. The car is also excellent in snow. I have drove this car in conditions most people would not be on the road and made it everytime. I purchased this car because I spend a lot of time on the road and I never thought I would be so happy with a car."

Excellent value

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "I feel this is the best economy car on the road."

Cons: "Buy the power windows, locks, cruise control"

"I went with bare bones and that was my fault. Rolling up windows and pushing locks when one is used to power everything is a pain. The car is a winner. It is a gas sipper, incredibly reliable and stable on the road."

Fantastic Milage

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"Somehow I think they have under rated this car on gas milage... we still get 39 mpg Hwy 33 City after 50,000 miles. We just put on new tires and a new air filter which definitely helped it get back those numbers. One piece of advice, buy good quality replacement tires, the originals never gave this car as good a ride as these do. So far repair free too."

Good Job

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"That's all I have to say to Toyota. When you think of the base price ($12K) and the performance you can't even compare it with anything. I have the Hatchback and it swallows as much cargo as our Park Avenue (of course, rear seats are down in the Yaris but it can fit in the cabin of the PA. I think that the Yaris has gotten bad press especially when compared with the Fit. If I watch my left foot and don't give a flip about the number of people who are flipping me off in my rear view mirror, I'll get 45 mpg. If I get rasty I have never gone below 39 mpg. I don't know where or what AW did to get 30 mpg - took it to the drag strip?? Anyhow, fit and finish is great and, even though some don't like the driving position and the limited modifications to it, I find it just perfect and comfortable. On the highway at 70 it handles great and still gets about 35 mpg (fun to watch the hogs go by getting 20 mpg or less - why don't those liberals get it??). Would I buy another one - you bet ya, first in line!!"

Best economy car out there!

By on Friday, June 05, 2009

"I have an '07 Yaris Sedan and I am extremely satisfied with the decision to buy. For one, the vehicle is inexpensive enough that I was able to buy NEW on income I was earning as a part-time intern and without a co-signer. Secondly, the car looks really nice and is very feature-rich even at the base. Handling and performance were also of the highest quality that I could expect for that price. Lastly and most importantly...as my career progressed and my income changed significantly, I am now seeking a new vehicle. I am VERY pleased to confirm that my car has maintained a solid resale value for nearly three years. In fact, the price I am expecting to sell for has only seen $2,400 depreciation! Amazing! I strongly recommend this car to anyone who is interested."

Perfect for me

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"I am happy with my Yaris. I have the 5 speed stick hatch and get consistently 40+ mpg with driving that puts mpg first. It is certainly not a high performance machine, and I sometimes get honked at for not flooring it at lights. You can push it to do jack rabbit starts but that totally defeats the purpose IMHO. It is small and compact with limited rear passenger and trunk space. The front has more room than my wife's Corolla. The trunk is large enough for groceries, but maybe not for distance traveling. I chose this car in part because we have a motorcycle, bicycles, garden tools, etc. The Yaris was the shortest car available, leaving room in the garage for the other stuff. I sometimes have trouble finding it on parking lots because it's hidden in a gorge of trucks :) I would buy it again because it is a great commuter and more affordable than a Hybrid. It's all in all a good deal for someone who gets a bigger kick from saving gas than having a luxurious vehicle. I do think it could be a tad less expensive for what you get though. I have never had a technical problem of any kind with it. I give it four stars on quality because there are some occasional audible vibrations in the dash, especially in cold temperatures. Also, it tends to crunch when putting in the reverse gear. I have to play with the clutch a bit to avoid that. I think a modern transmission should not do that."

2 dr Hatchback

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Well have hit the first 1000 miles in my 2 door automatic. I have a bit of a heavy foot , and my daughter was driving around in 3rd instead of drive. Gas milage in a mixture of rual / highway over two tanks is 34.7 MPG. Good points is it is fun to drive. Handles a bit stiff but turns tight. Of course milage is great over my Dodge Ram truck. Very roomy feel in the drivers seat. My daughter says it feels like a mini van. I am 5'10", over 200 lbs and I find it very nice to get into and out of. The back of the seat takes a bit getting used to for my biger frame, but my daughter fits fine. Visibility is good and it has very good power. You are not buying a rocket. I can kick it in and merge on the interstate fine. Now I guess I need to cover the things that take a bit of getting used to. The road noise on some roads will drown out the radio. I think there is a $699 protection option with undercoating; might be worth checking into this. I am going to try to get the noise down by spraying the wheel wells with undercoating. If that does not work, I will probably pull the carpets up and add some sound deading material under them. The Hazard symbol catches light and draws your eyes to it. The steering wheel at first feels like it is to far foward, but you get used to it fairly fast. The seats are stiff, but I figure they will soften up in time. I saw a lot of coments about the drink holders. I actually think the drinks stay colder longer in the front of the air duct. But I did get a wet right leg when the sweat off the drink rand down behind the dash. This is a great car for the price. I bought the bare bone crank down window unit with a cruise only. No power anything. Exactly what I need to run work errands. I see here in the Atlanta area that the demand has driven up the prices. I am actually looking at buying another for my daughter, but if the price stays up, I will go look at something else. Why pay $17,000 for a bare bone car when you can get a fully loaded car that gets 2 or 3 MPG less. I would like to pat Toyota on the back on reporting their MPG. Well done. A very close and true reading of actual MPG that the average driver can expect is on the sticker. \ One other thing I saw, the AC has a filter that has to be changed. Very good! Keeps the dust down."

Amazing car

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I bought my Yaris last winter and between working full time and going to college full time, I've put over a thousand miles on it a month and it still works as if I just got it yesterday. Plus the gas milage is great. I get around 350 miles to a tank--sometimes more depending on the season/weather. The Yaris has hardly any front end and is strange to drive at first, but it's great for parallel parking. The consol is in the center of the dash and has an easy read out which makes it much safer to drive. The only issue is that the speedometer goes by intervals of ten rather than five, so it's easy to go over the speed limit if you aren't paying enough attention. It's really a cute, economical, car with enviromental perks."

great gas milage,small car

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"pros:Heats up fast on below 0 days. 38 miles per gallon mixed driving plenty of room,easy in and out.With two adults occupying front seats we are able to put two large bicycles in rear of hatch. great in snow,never got stuck in 10 inches of snow. plenty of storage places,great places for drink holders. great ac, great on highway,really quick Cons: leg room a problem if over 6 ft. Blind spot feel evey bump when in back seat hold on tight in gusty winds doing 60 on highways speedometer in middle of dash,I was used to it in 1 day. No cruise. could use more standard stuff,you pay for everything Overall:No problems in 11 mo. and 15000 mi.Great gas milage. Small car no frills. I recommend as every day work car.I would buy again."

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I have had my Yaris 5spd 4dr for over a year now. Love the car. I put almost 3500 miles on the car in one week for my honeymoon (yes we were quite comfortable). We averaged 43 MPG over that 3500 miles. I generally get 40+ in the Virginia mountains on a 100 mile round trip commute and extensive in town driving is about 38 MPG. For a non-hybrid car it is most efficient, there are times I wish I had a 6th gear on the 5spd trans. This car can pull a mountain at 90MPH and more if the road would allow (2occupants), in 5th gear I might add. The drink holders, while they seem odd at first, are much more convenient than those down on the shift console of other cars. Like another reviewer, deer extensively damaged mine, however I was able to drive it to the repair shop 30 miles away. On the downside, the material covering the seats could be a bit better quality, they are comfortable but look cheap and are starting to show wear (I have almost 30000 on the car). All in all, it's a great little car. This is my first Toyota, but will not be my last."

Nice commuter/family car

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"We were one of the first to buy a Yaris in Connecticut. We special ordered ours with the power pack and 5 speed. For what this car is at $15,000 it's the best value going! You can buy a Corolla for the same price, but it won't have power options or cruise control. I drive this car 110 miles a day, 5 days a week. It gets excellent gas mileage and is pretty comfortable drive drive. We have taken many long road trips and have found the car a joy to drive. The power is adequate, especially with the 5 speed. We have managed to wreck the car twice. We hit a deer head-on at 40 mph and messed the front end up pretty good. We drove it 300 miles home and had it repaired. Both times, we were not hurt and the cars' crumple zones worked great. A previous poster commented to not drive the car in deep snow. I'm not sure how deep they were referring to, but I found the car to handle deep snow 4"+ fine. Better than I expected it to actually. We do not use snow tires and have had no problems. At 25,000 miles we have had no mechanical problems and expect the car to go to 150,000 miles with no issues."

Yaris is a Winner w/me

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"Bought my Yaris Hatchback in Feb. 2007, and have driven 27,000 miles. Absolutely no problems. The car is solid construction, and gets me up to hwy speeds with no problem. Yes, the road bumps can be felt, but it's a small car and the suspension is tight and no rattles. The car is alot of fun to drive anywhere, and the gas mileage is averaging around 41-44 Hwy. Plenty of leg room front and back and I like the feel of the electric steering. Overall this car is a better option than at 13K than it's Hybrid cousin at 22K."

This car delivers like Dominos!

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"There are so many good things to say about this car. The gas milage, for one, is one of the best you can get in a non-hybrid car... Considering the lowest priced Prius is a cool 10k more, it's also not bad on the pocketbook. One might be afraid of the room in a "subcompact," but this car is ALL CABIN! I had a boat of a Buick before, and even that had less cabin space. And with the edition of 2 extra glove compartments, space for papers isn't a concern either. The downfalls are minimal. The lack of *anything* standard can bring the price up very quickly. The centered speedometer and odometer can confuse some people, and the lack of trunk space can be felt for anyone doing a lot of hauling or traveling. All in all, this car is a great deal. Coupled with the reliability of a toyota motor, you'll drive it twice as long and spend half the gas!"

This car is just great!!

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"My car is going to be 1 year in less than a week and I love it!!! The performance is great, and the gas mileage is just amazing! I have the 4-door S Sedan fully loaded which is really hard to get! The only thing I didn't like at first was that it feels like I have no front end when I'm driving. But I'm use to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I went from a 2000 Nissan Altima and I was worried. I bought the Yaris 2 weeks before my 20th birthday, and felt that I wouldn't like it because it was smaller. BUT..it suprised me and I was instantly in love with this car. 11,000 miles on it so far, and it's running great. Toyota is my favorite company and I'm so thrilled to own this car."

great economy car and gave saver

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "great price ; cute car"

Cons: "little wind noise while traveling on highway"

"I purchased this car new in 2008. Great car , no major work done. Still riding on the same breaks and only get maintenance done every 5000 miles. I've taken long trips and currently have 141,000 miles. Love it..plenty of leg room , very comfortable. Little noisy with the wind on highway. Over-all great car."

I love this car.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, responsive, economical, great visibility"

Cons: "Air flow with the windows open, snow"

"I have been very happy with this car. I have taken care of all routine maintenance on time and that is all I've had to do. This is the only new car I've ever had and I have not been disappointed from the price, to the handling, to the upkeep and running costs. I trust this car which is worth a lot to me. I like that it is zippy. Being a little car in big traffic, I appreciate that. I have had to jam on the brakes due to poor driving of others but have always felt the car could safely handle what I needed it to do. Also, big things actually fit in this car. Seriously! I have moved furniture, bales of straw, and 6+ foot tall people. My tall husband and I drove out to a cousin's wedding several hours away and we were just fine in this car. I've run from Illinois to Louisiana and back and to Florida several times in this vehicle. No complaints."

Great vehicle and 36 MPG!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"This is a wonderful car. Looks great, drives fantastic, really safe and dependable, low maintainence, and gets 36 MPG, more when driving the freeway. Lots of interior space and trunk space. Handles well no matter what the weather!"

Best vehicle I ever bought

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "ex.value. safe. great pickup.fuel economy"

Cons: "seats not as comfortable as they could be."

"I bought this car new in 2006 although it is a 2007 model and have driven it all over east coast. This car has never let me down. She handles beautifully and for a 4 cylinder has great pick up. With 239,000+ miles on her she still consistently gives me 37 mpg in city and 40 hwy. I change oil every 5,000 miles but only real work I have had done is a new alternator and serpentine belt around 200,000 miles. New front brakes around 215,000 mi and in fact I am still running the original rear brake pads and they still look good after almost 8 years! I am also still using original clutch and it remains nice and tight with no slippage. I love this car! It is hands down the absolute best car I have ever bought and there is no better value or reliability for the money."

great little car

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, and great gas milage"

Cons: "wouldn't mind having electronic doors locks"

"You can pay a lot more for a Hybrid but I have been able to get 42 mpg, now that it is older I'm still getting 34 mpg. Plus it is comfortable. I have no mechanical problems my mechanic is still waiting."

Weird Ugly Little Car, really good mileage

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Fast little car with great gas mileage"

Cons: "no power windows or locks. no armrest."

"I was lucky enough to get a 6 Year old 2007 with 1028 miles on it. Yep One Thousand and Twenty Eight. What can I say? It's Super White so looks like a giant Chicken Egg. Has a 5 speed stick that shifts like my 1993 S-10 Pickup. (It's like rowing a boat and peddling a bicycle to shift) Unfortunately the peddles are jammed together so tight that my size 11's get in the wrong place. Has a "Blue Dot" upholtery that gives you a feeling of being watched by little eyes, and is great to cure boredom. ("How many dots are there?") Strange distracting center mounted Speedometer No Tach It has hand crank windows and manual door locks, No alarm or remote fob. No sort of armrest. Needed a brand new $150 battery day one. Has a nice CD player. Cold air conditioning. A hot hot heater. Great acceleration. It's like driving a sports car (if you close your eyes) LOTS and LOTS of glove compartments And it still gets 32-34 mpg driven HARD. Will have to drive this thing a long long time to catch up with the Blue Book mileage. But at 300+ miles a tank full, it will likely happen. Maybe.. Strange that after having the entire car serviced by the original dealer at 1100 miles, it now "squeals" when started cold. Perhaps they wanted to make up for the embarassingly low mileage? It is almost embarassing to drive but, will likely become a "Quirky" Classic, if it lasts 40 years.. Like my 1967 Ford truck has."

Excellent car- actually have 3 of them

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Front air vents are located to close to cupholders"

"5 door hatchback:Excellent gas mileage, great handling- like a sports car (small turning circle & great manuverability), great pick up once you get out of 1st gear;carries lots of cargo with seats folded down ( the only thing that has ever stuck out of the trunk was a folded 10 foot long gazebo.Just routine Maintenance, NEVER HAD TO HAVE ANYTHING FIXED! 4 Door sedans: I have a 2008 & 2010 .Handling not as great as the hatchback, but same quality as above. Maintenance on 2008- oil changes and tires. And all of them start every time. What more could I ask for ?"

TOTOYA, YARIS

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic fuel-efficient, affortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "No electric doors or windows. All manual."

"Owning my Toyota Yaris has been fantastic! However, I do love my car for many reasons. Its small and compact, yet spacious at the same time. It contains two-door, very nice seating designs and definitely comfortable, hatchback (liftback)spacious enough, basic technology equipment, several storage compartments in convenient areas. Nevertheless, besides its basic features what I love about my car is that is fuel-efficient. I literally gas-up once a week. Since the car is pretty petite it fits almost everywhere to park, very convenient."

terrific no frills economy car

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "amazing gas mileage, good fit & finish for $$"

Cons: "not liking plastic hub caps, poor speaker quality"

"fuel efficient(and on regular gas), smooth auto trannie, sensible controls easy to access. highly recommend finding one with cruise control & power options. stock speakers really sub par - require upgrade. not much pick up after 40 mph (well what do you expect for 108 HP?)."

value far exceeded expectations

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"most dependable car ever owned. not a single problem in 66,5000 mostly highway miles. combined overall fuel economy 38.6 mpg most common magazine knock; underpowered, somewhat justified. at approx.50,000 k, I added TRC air intake. it truthfully eliminated any uphill on-ramp concerns. recommend it. 59 mph 2-lane highways returned over 43 mpg on 3 occasions. interstates in 38-39 range. my current in town tanks, 1 to 3 mile trips exclusively, return slightly over 30"