2009 Toyota Yaris

Based on 727 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Yaris is the perfect car for me

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Practical, easy to drive"

Cons: "no cruise control, hard to drive in high winds"

"The Yaris is a practical, reliable, and efficient car. I have had my Yaris for almost 3 years now and I still love it. I am never afraid to volunteer to drive because of the excellent gas mileage. I have taken road trips alone without breaking the bank; I have taken trips with every seat filled as well- its sometimes a tight squeeze (if people want to bring much stuff) but if you put your skinniest friend in the middle/back seat, it isn't too cramped which is surprising for a car its size! I can touch the windshield and hatch-window at the same just by spreading my arms. The seats in back fold flat to the trunk allowing plenty of room in the back for transporting things. "Practical" is the best word I can use to describe it- there are three glove-boxes and 7 cup-holders in a 5-seat vehicle. The only thing I would change about my Yaris is the lack of cruise control as a standard option. I miss cruise control, but not enough to get rid of this car! I love it."

Great little commuter car

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cons: "cramped leg room in back seats"

"Reliable to the 12th power, loves to go fast ( on freeway) great on gas"

Really Good Vehicle!

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great price, ice cold ac, great gas mileage,"

Cons: "power nothing, few cupholders, can get cramped,"

"My dad owns this & its the first car Ive ever driven. Compared to the other vehicles Ive handled, this car is very nice! Ours doesnt have power locks/windows but you get used to that! Driving for more than an hour or so gets uncomfortable but its not to bad! If you need a car with cruise, youre outta luck though. If you need a car with great mpg but dont want a smart car or hybrid, this thing is great with gas! I would definitely recommend this car to a friend in high school that needs a easy to maintain vehicle!"

LOVE IT!! Would buy again!!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage, no mechan. issues"

Cons: "Needs more comfy seats"

"I absolutely LOVE my Yaris!! It is the very first new car I ever bought and have had NO problems with it whatsoever. Since then we bought a vehicle that was two years newer and have had several serious issues with it. If you are looking for an economical option with great gas mileage, no matter what your age, I would definitely recommend buying a Yaris! The only thing I wish was better was the comfort of the seats...other than that I have NO complaints!"

Roomy interior inspite of its looks.

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"It has great pickup and a great turning radius. I can fly at 85 and 95 miles per hour without a shimmy. It is comfortable. The trunk is big. I can put the back seats down for more room if I have to haul something. Drove it cross country with my friend and it was great. Toyota dealers are everywhere for oil changes. I love my car!"

Excellent car- actually have 3 of them

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Front air vents are located to close to cupholders"

"5 door hatchback:Excellent gas mileage, great handling- like a sports car (small turning circle & great manuverability), great pick up once you get out of 1st gear;carries lots of cargo with seats folded down ( the only thing that has ever stuck out of the trunk was a folded 10 foot long gazebo.Just routine Maintenance, NEVER HAD TO HAVE ANYTHING FIXED! 4 Door sedans: I have a 2008 & 2010 .Handling not as great as the hatchback, but same quality as above. Maintenance on 2008- oil changes and tires. And all of them start every time. What more could I ask for ?"

Subcompact - exensive, very loud inside, no frills

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "cheap to repair/maintenance, good gas mileage"

Cons: "light, no C.C./frills, uncomfortable, loud, cheap"

"I'm not impressed with the Yaris. I've owned a Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, an older VW Jetta, and an old Buick LeSabre. This started off as a new car. The positives are that it is cheap. It has relatively good gas mileage and it's cheap to maintain if you have a good mechanic. I have had all minor, basic repair and maintenance costs. My brakes are still good after this many years. On the negative side, it's so light that it blows around like a sail boat on the highway with wind. The manual (my preference) transmission had NO electric anything. This means good gas mileage and better acceleration, but it has no cruise control, no power locks or windows, and basically just no-electric-type-features. It's definitely NOT comfortable, and I'm not picky for comfort-ability because I'm lean and don't usually care about seating, etc. Even the stereo system is fairly shoddy and already has some "break down" type components (CD-player, plug to play music from mp3s, etc.). I wouldn't recommend buying this car to anyone."

Glad I got the sedan

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "handling reliability, efficiency"

Cons: "seating comfort, cupholder"

"First its a nice looking car black and tan. I like the style in and out. There is a central dashboardd which is different. My one complaint is cupholder is in front of air vent and blocks it. Not super comfortable for long trips. Great handling turns on a dime. Very reliable no issues at almost 70k. Gas mileage is as good as advertised. I think it was a good deal even though it was a bit pricey to buy new for a subcompact."

Love this car, would buy another one in a second.

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, cheap to maintain"

Cons: "Not luxury, wish it had four doors"

"Very reliable, great gas mileage, very cheap to maintain. I've had mine for five years and zero things have gone wrong with it. I would buy another one with no hesitation."

TOTOYA, YARIS

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic fuel-efficient, affortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "No electric doors or windows. All manual."

"Owning my Toyota Yaris has been fantastic! However, I do love my car for many reasons. Its small and compact, yet spacious at the same time. It contains two-door, very nice seating designs and definitely comfortable, hatchback (liftback)spacious enough, basic technology equipment, several storage compartments in convenient areas. Nevertheless, besides its basic features what I love about my car is that is fuel-efficient. I literally gas-up once a week. Since the car is pretty petite it fits almost everywhere to park, very convenient."

great car i have this for last 4 years and i love

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

"the best car for the value"

Great car, great gas mileage, surprisingly smooth

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

"I've owned this car for a year and a half, and I've driven it to and from work daily, as well as from TN to CA and back plus numerous shorter road trips. The Yaris is quite comfortable for the driver and passenger. The back seat is a bit small, but I usually have the seats laid down for my dogs or to haul things around, and for this it's much roomier than you'd expect. I even slept in the back of this thing on several of my road trips. The Yaris handles really well; the turn radius on it is really just amazing. I also don't feel like I'm getting whipped around in the wind on the interstate, like I felt with my old '98 Prizm. The gas mileage is really amazing too - I average about 37 when I'm driving town and interstate, but for interstate road trips I use E85 to get about 40 mpg. I bought this car because I wanted a relatively inexpensive crossover-type vehicle. A hatchback/hauling-type car with good gas mileage were my biggest considerations. I am 100% satisfied with my Yaris and would absolutely recommend it."

terrific no frills economy car

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "amazing gas mileage, good fit & finish for $$"

Cons: "not liking plastic hub caps, poor speaker quality"

"fuel efficient(and on regular gas), smooth auto trannie, sensible controls easy to access. highly recommend finding one with cruise control & power options. stock speakers really sub par - require upgrade. not much pick up after 40 mph (well what do you expect for 108 HP?)."

Reliable zippy car for urban driving

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, fuel efficiency, affordability"

Cons: "Bumpy ride, poor sound insulation"

"My wife and I live in Des Moines. We bought a new Yaris hatchback 5.5 years ago. Our main purchase criteria at the time were affordability, reliability and good fuel economy. We drive the Yaris mostly in the city and take our Camry on longer trips. The Yaris has been amazingly reliable - not a single repair in all these years! The car is relatively light, so even with a 1.5l engine it easily leaves behind bigger cars at the lights. The small size prooved to be a big plus when parking in tight spots downtown. The car performed well in icy and snowy conditions. The interior is pretty basic but sturdy. Still looks good and everything works well. The sound insulation is mediocre. One has to crank up volume on the radio when driving on the interstate. But this is probably true with most subcompact cars. I would recommend this car to anyone who values the practical qualities I mentioned."

Will never sell!

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage is amazing, spacious, lots of storage"

Cons: "Cabin is not very quiet while driving"

"This car is perfect for the highway driver. My car has 135,000 miles and I am just now changing the manufacturer parts i.e...spark plugs,brakes, driver/passenger window weatherstripping. As of right now there is nothing wrong with these parts, they are just starting to show some wear and tear. With continued regular upkeep I'm sure this car will last me another 135,000 miles."

Fun, Fast, room for 4 real size people

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "fun drive in summer and no problem in ice/snow"

Cons: "Love the large fold away cup holders on the dash"

"This car is cute to look at, small enough to park anywhere. The interior is basic but has lots of leg room front and back. With the back seat down I have transported a large reclianer with the hatch closed and a 8 foot book case with the hatch open. We call it our TARTUS (Dr Who)because its bigger on the inside."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Economical, great little car!!"

Cons: "Rear defogger takes long to work in the morning"

"I got this car after my 2009 Chevrolet was totaled. I wanted something smaller and more economical and boy did I ever make a good choice. It gets great gas mileage and drives and handles well."

love it. best car i've ever had

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "mpg, cute, low cost"

Cons: "I can't always be in it"

"great gas mileage, cute, blue swiss dot on black upholstery, easy to park, makes really tight turns, love it love it"

I LOVE MY YARIS!!

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "GREAT GAS MILAGE, DEPENDABLE AND RELIABLE."

Cons: "CAN GET UNCOMFORTABLE ON LONG DRIVES."

"IF I WERE NOT HAVING MY SECOND GRANDCHILD, I WOULD NOT BE GETTING RID OF IT. I NEED 4 DOORS AND A BIGGER TRUNK AREA. I HAVE PLACED 200000 MILES ON THIS CAR. I BOUGHT IT NEW, AND IT HAS BEEN A WONDERFUL CAR, DEPENDABLE AND STURDY. I FEEL THAT THE VALUE WAS GOOD. UNDER COMFORT, I RATED IT LOWER BECAUSE LONG CAR DRIVES CAN GET A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE BUT FOR WHAT I DO IT HAS BEEN GREAT. I HAVE TO DO MEDICAL TRANSPORT AND IT IS GOOD ON GAS AND RELIABLE. NEVER HAD IT TO THE SHOP EXCEPT TO REPLACE BREAK PADS AND TUNE-UPS. WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANYONE. I AM GIVING IT TO MY DAUGHTER AND EXPECT HER TO GET ANOTHER 100000 MILES OUT OF IT."

Good car for the price

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Good reliable car for the price"

Cons: "Boring looks, don't like the center dash cluster."

"If you want an inexpensive car that is also very reliable, the 09 Yaris is right for you. I bought mine new and have 135,000 miles on it. This is my work car, I drive 70 to 150 miles a day. If you have the the 5 speed manual like I do it's not very sluggish either, pretty sad most people are so lazy they drive automatics these days. I have no trouble passing on the highway, just drop it in third gear and put to the floor and you will be by that slow driving granny in no time. Yes there is road noise in the car, but I don't mind the fact that I can actualy hear what I am driving. People that complain about road noise in a $15,000 car expect too much. If you want a quiet ride, buy a Cadillac. You get what you pay for. I've only done oil changes and a few sets of new tires which Inthink is really good considering the 135,000 miles. Other than that no other maintence has been needed."

Has been a great car...

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage,very reliable"

Cons: "small and only 4 cly. 1.5 liter not alot of power"

"Only had to change the oil, plugs and brakes:):):)"

Not enough leg room

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "great mileage"

Cons: "slow pick-up, no leg room, awkward dashboard"

"This car is great on mileage and drives pretty smoothly. Unfortunately for us, though, there just isn't enough leg room. Both my husband and I are unable to stretch our legs out whether we're on the driver's side or on the passenger's side. The back seat area is very short and is uncomfortable for anyone riding back there. Additionally, the tachometer is located right in the middle of the dashboard which is very awkward."

Best car ever!

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "GREAT price, drive, easy to park,GREAT on gas!"

Cons: "no mud flaps, leg room in front"

"I have no power ANYTHING! No rear defrost and a 5-speed. Car was brand new and inexpensive!!! Have been rear ended and the car held up pefectly! No engine trouble ever. A little noisy inside the car. Perfect for a single person or a couple with no kids. No real trunk space but the back seat folds down for lots of room!!"

Great Reliable Car

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Reason: Upgrade

Pros: "Fun to drive,reliable,great on gas,very affordable"

Cons: "Drive on windy days"

"Recently I sold my 09 Yaris for a upgrade. I have to say that it was a great car to own based on reliability, gas(Up to 40 MPG), interior size,parking, and maintence cost. The only issue was windy days on the highway(car would literally get moved), as far as pick up I drove a 5-speed and no problems at all. A part of me regrets getting rid of it but it was necessary for work related purposes. I would recommend this car to anyone especially with a budget."

A value: cheap to own and run, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Cheap to run, fix, maintain"

Cons: "Style, no tachometer, slightly uncomfortable"

"I did a few things to my car like adding the factory sway bar, spolier, and some aftermarket rear lights and fog lights...so it doesn't look like other Yaris's. It also gave it much better handling and looks. The manual 5-speed makes this very quick and I suprise many people by keeping up with sports cars off the line...yet I average almost 40 mpgs! While small cars are not for everyone I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas and maintenance....I've don 99% of the work myself. The brakes lasted over 155k!"