2009 Toyota Yaris

Based on 729 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

My First Car

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I've bought this car a last year in August and couldn't be happier! Mine is fully loaded sedan- power windows, mirrors & locks, ac, cd & mp3 hookup & side airbags. If you can opt to not have the "S" sedan- it is no different than the regular but they charge $2,000 for sports trim (which only come in 3 colors, sometimes not automatic and limited features). To me seems like a rip off. Sometimes on the highway you can feel the wind trying to blow you into another lane, but that's only after 60mph. Wind noise and road noise is minimal- but the car itself is less than a ton, what can you expect. The gas mileage is amazing, but expect to not get 325+ a tank until your odometer hits 8K. It has the same engine as a Corolla and XA, (and Toyota has been using this engine for years) so repairs should be cheap and engine will be reliable. I reccommend it to anyone who has a budget in mind."

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

Not meant for the family

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I am a 23 year old mother of a 4 year old with special needs. I was the first person to buy a Yaris sedan at my local dealership March of 2006. My car gets an average of 38 miles to the gallon, after I used slick 50. The unique styling still makes people look at me when I drive by and people still ask if its a hybrid. I love the sport shifter and believe it or not, it only takes a few days to get used to everything in the center console. In fact when I use my husbands' camry, it feels awkard. Cons- If you are a long commuter, the seats are not that comfy. Car seats can fit in the rear, but do not put them in the center because your childs feet will be squished. The trunk can accomadate a stroller and a walker, but nothing else."

IM IN LOVE!

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I love my car!! My boyfriend bought it for me cuz I am a tiny girl, and it fits my personality well! (along with my checkbook...)"

not the best

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I have had my car for over a year and am not too happy with it. I have noticed that the car tends to move should it the wind be blowing outside, the braking system is't at all quick--should a person have to brake suddenly, the car starts sliding all over the road, it handles poorly in the rain, does not always get the so called 'promissed' gas mileage. also if moving from a larger car to a yaris, it will take several months to get used to the compact size of this car."