2009 Toyota Yaris

Based on 728 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

great car , smooth ride, no mechanical problems,.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

"Great car"

Surprisingly good car!!

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, small car so easy to park"

Cons: "small engine"

"This car has really surprised me in terms of its reliability and operation. It has plenty of power and I get over 36 MPG driving it. While a lot of other Toyota brands have had several recalls in the last few years I can only think of 2 with the Yaris and they were relatively minor. I've been really impressed with the car since I first bought it. The dash is in the middle, and that takes some getting used to, but i like it as it allows me to put my GPS directly in front of me. Great, economical car."

My 2nd review. A very dependable and good car.

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Good acceleration, great MPG, Very reliable."

Cons: "Wish I had purchased a 4 door instead of a 2-door"

"This is my second review. I purchased a 2009 Yarris, 2-door hatchback new. I average about 35-36 mpg in the summer and 32-24 in the winter. I live in Southeast Ohio and the percent of my driving is about 70% hwy/30% city. My commute is mostly hilly roads. My son's GF owns a 2007 Yaris and gets about 50mpg. On a long trip I can get 42-45 mpg just straight highway at 70 mph. I really love this car. It's been very dependable and after almost 60,000 miles I've had no trouble with it. If you are looking for a car to get you from point A to point B this is a car you should consider. Small but only when you look at it from the outside. Inside you have more room than other mid-side cars that I've owned. Even the back has leg-room. My only beef would be if I had to do it over I would have gotten a 4-door. You can use both sides of the car to get in the back, but only the passenger seat moves forward to allow people to get back in. Normally it's just my wife and I anyone and we use it for work and going around town. Besides the gas mileage, it love how maneuverable. You can make a 180 degree turn in half the space as my Chevy Venture. I noticed some people complain it's not comfortable on long trips. I guess that depends on the individual and how long you drive. I can go 3 hours to visit my mother without a problem. Traveling two days to Yellowstone park may be another matter. My van is much more comfortable to take than the Yaris but I'm sure a Mercedes-Benz would be better than my van. The bottom line is this is the kind of car I want to own. Dependable, good gas mileage, and safety add-ons like front, side and head airbags. The car has lots of pep and doesn't drive like a small car usually does. I don't have power windows but I've dealt with the switch going bad at the most inconvenient times (like when it starts to rain and you can't roll them up) that I would rather not have them. No power locks. It does have a great AC and heater. The rear defroster works. I added cruise control right after I purchased the car and although I'm weary of off-brands due to a bad experience I had no problems with it. This is a bare bones car but it's a very good bare bones car. I would own another Yaris based on my experience and recommend this car to anyone who is looking for something to commute in."

Yaris proves dependable

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Easy to park, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "interior, hub caps feel "cheap" and plastic"

"I have had the car since 2012 and was in a pinch to get a new car with a reasonable monthly payment with 3,000 down. The car took some getting used to because the interior did not compare with my previous Saturn Sedan. I have found the car to be reliable and fun to drive. The air was not pumping well when I bought it and needs to be checked, and I wish I would have had them address this with certification check. Car has extended warranty. I bought it, in part, because I liked the salesmen and was given the best interest rate around. I'm thinking of upgrading. Someone jabbed my fender and it was easily replaced. I like the fold down in the back and can pack it up for camping or other. The Yaris came recommended to me by a family who had one and traveled far to make the purchase. I recommend buying one with maximum air bag/safety features. In winter I can park in the smallest spaces or "half spaces" left by the snow removal trucks and that is pretty nice."

reliable

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "slow"

"i bought the yaris new. may not have all the bells and whistles but after 80k have replaced one set of tires/wipers and that is all. has never seen the dealer."

Excellent vehicle! Value, MPG, Performance!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, great performance and handling."

Cons: "Putting the 12V receptacle in the center console."

"I bought this car in March 2011 through a used car dealer affiliated with my credit union. It had 60,600 miles. In 3.5 years, I have driven it 150,000 miles as a courier vehicle, in town (70%) and on the highway (30%). The only thing I have had to replace was the battery (fall 2011); the rest has been regular maintenance (oil changes, tires, shocks, brake pads and shoes). This car has delivered everything I have asked of it (30-32 MPG in town, 38-40 highway). When I need to replace it, I am going to buy another Toyota (this car is my 3rd Toyota)."

awsome car 40 mpg no problems except wheel bearing

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "cheap to keep"

Cons: "seats arent very good"

"Bought my car new it is a great money saver 40 mpg super reliable only repairs have been wheel bearings but at 160000 miles it hasnt even gone through an exhaust yet.still the orig battery, 4 snow tires and she will go anywhere in the winter. i will buy another and recomend them highly not comfortable seats...for long trips its tough. but not paying the gas man is everything to my budget"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Very zippy for a 4 cyl."

Cons: "Not very comfortable for long trips."

"I have had no major problems at all with this car. It even handles Wisconsin winters just fine."

Happy with my Yaris

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas, good price, zippy feel"

Cons: "Hard to see, small for passengers"

"I've had my Yaris for 7 years now, and it's been an extremely reliable car the whole time. I originally wanted a cute, small car, and the Yaris fit the bill perfectly. And now, I have a longer commute to work (50 miles each way) so I'm glad I have such a fuel efficient car to take me back and forth. Being so small and light, it does okay on snowy/icy roads if you take it easy, but I have gotten stuck in a few snow banks. It's fun to drive and feels very zippy, especially on curvy back roads. In terms of size, sometimes I feel like other drivers have a hard time seeing me, and passengers don't really enjoy sitting in the back seat. Overall my Yaris has served me well!"

excellent very good Gas mileage

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "handles well, good gear range nippy engine"

"excellent very good Gas mileage"

From SUV To 2 door hatchback Yairs

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Safety, sleek, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "not large enough cup-holder,"

this is not my car, but the same year and color. I'm sorry car I need photo's of you.

"When I first had an accident in my Rav4 (due to a illegal turn on a 2 lane highway), big fan of Toyota, I was completely devastated. But the body shop I DROVE IT TOO. Told me it was fixable and not too worry. My then insurance company told me they stopped writing at 7,000.and they were going to total it. I was mortified, I love my RAV4 like a child. I fault the insurance company tooth and nail to save my baby. I even tried to rescind my claim. They would have no part of this, it was my option. I researched this prior to fighting. Finally after too much stress I finally gave up. The SUV was almost paid off. I had lost my job and was working maybe 21 hours a week elsewhere far away. I needed transportation. Not buses went out to the country from Reston, VA. I've been driving so ling I knew nothing about buses. I went to my friend who is a general manager at a Toyota dealer where I was a dedicated customer. He had 3 cars on the floor and wanted to put me into a corolla, (coincidentally my first car back in the 80's)it sat beside a NEW RAV4. I wanted it so bad but knew I couldn't afford it. I saw this little car, I snuck up on it, I loved the color, pearl blue. There was a 1000. cash back on it I believe or may 500. ? The one that I sat it was so basic, not even an electric window. Woe, really a pain I thought, but good exercise. Finally my friend found one that had power windows. Only 3 in stock end of year. I said okay let me get this one. I was still missing my Rav4 but this little car was spiffy. I bought it and had to get used to it no lie there, it was hard. I bought a manual only one with power windows. I learned on a manual and I thought, I'd save a lot of gas. Great mileage for low gas. The only problem I had was not being used to being so low to the ground, from a small SUV and had trouble parking, haha. I pulled in pull back out in again until I was centered. Someone would hit my car with door dings anyways and a major dent mad me so mad. I love this car!!! Great gas mileage, fold down back seats for hauling my animals in their carriers of course. Sleek design, not really as small I had originally thought. It also makes me feel great I am saving gas, people even think it's a Prius, I wish I could have afforded it to be more green. I LOVE MY CAR for so my reasons. Better for the economy and for my pocket with is mostly empty, still looking for a FT job. Wish I could work for Toyota in their headquarters representing them that how much I approve of their safety features and the cars quick reaction. I'm so sorry my YARIS I prejudged you against my Rav4. You have never let me down, so dependable, shiny and zoom, zoom. Please forgive me. Sincerely I love you."

For an economy car, you cannot get better.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely the best economy car you can get."

Cons: "placement of the cup holders."

"We have owned this car for 8 years now, and have never had to replace a single part. This car does NOT fall apart, regardless of age. And, even if something did need replacing, this car is not difficult to fix or modify. Regarding modifications, there are a ton of after market mods that can be done to it. This car is modified so easily, and by so many people. Some are purely for personal reasons, but some are extremely helpful to the car in general. One such modification would be lowering the car, as it is so lightweight that is has a tendency with wind issues when driving on the highway. Lowering even 1.5 inches helps a lot. My only dislike of the car- and I think this goes for many a Yaris owner- is the placement of the cup holders in the front seats. They designed the car with the cup holders right in front of the air vents! So, lets keep my drink cool, but not myself? Was a nifty look when I first saw them, but it didn't take long to realize the placement was horrible. Final say on this car-- This is one of the best purchases we have ever made."

Immaculate condition.

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Excellent low price."

Black Beauty

"Black color, new battery and new tyres. Excellent body and engine condition. Low selling price."

Black Beauty

really good car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Blind spots, minor recalls"

"CONS: No cruise control available when purchased. Air/heat controls inconveniently located & hard to read. No lumbar support. Large blind spots. Many minor recalls. PROs: Handles well. Great pickup when needed. Good gas mileage. Seats 5 adults or 4 plus an infant seat. Wide cargo area."

Worth money, 0 service other than oil change

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "reliability"

"I am second owner of this car and now mileage is about 75K. I got the car at 35, 40K miles driven with only oil changes. Gas mileage 33-34 miles per gallon."

7 years and it runs like new, love it still.

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "Like it because it is small, reliable, cute."

Cons: "Loud road noise, I don't care."

"Love my little car, I had cruise control put in, had chrome strips put on sides. very clean, no sun fading, keep in garage."

NO COMPLAINTS--WE OWN THE EARTHSHIP!

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "SIZE, SHAPE, STYLE, INTERIOR, ECONOMY, RELIABILITY"

"BEST CAR I'VE OWNED. THE CAR OF THE FUTURE.!"

one owner, no long trips only driven locally,

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

"this car was purchased from the dealer in Richmond ky. has only been driven locally. excellent conditions, all maintance done by dealer, oil changed every 5k miles. excellent second car. great mileage. great first car for student."

This car has been the best one ive ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great price zippy easy to park turns on a dime"

Cons: "could use a sixth gear"

"this car is the best ave mpg about 40 comfort is great for a tiny car reliability is freegin awesome never had it fail in any way shape or form"

Love this car

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Nimble and fun, great mpg"

Cons: "Not much room for luggage if you have 4 passengers"

"Really fun vehicle to drive, it's nimble and quick, has no problem cruising at 80 on the freeways, but it's forte is city driving. It is small enough on the outside that it can park where other cars cannot, and it's turning radius makes it capable of u turns where no other cars can do it. Yet it is quite roomy inside. Gas mileage is superb, usually 40 on the highway, 45 if you keep it under 65 mph. I have had it 8 years and not one repair."

dependable, solid little car for the price

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "solid feel, great price, fabulous gas mileage"

Cons: "small back seat, drifts a bit at higher speeds"

"I don't carry any passengers; it's just me driving it, so it doesn't matter that the back seat is quite small for larger adults. For kids it would be perfect. The best thing about this car is the gas mileage. I get nearly 40 mpg because I don't do jack-rabbit starts and I drive pretty much the speed limit. It handles very well; however, since it is so light, it does tend to drift a little on the freeway at higher speeds. But city driving it's the best. It corners great and fits into parking spaces with ease."

Great dependable little car

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"I have loved having this car. It is reliable, tough, and gets me where I need to go. Love the gas mileage. Don't love the location of the cup holders but that is not a reason to own a car. :)"

Toyota as it was originally imagined for the USA

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Cost to operate over the long haul. Interior space"

Cons: "Bouncy ride. Light weight."

"This car is value, plain and simple. It is no frills, quality transportation. I bought the very first Yaris in my city. I have not regretted it. Not one, no not one single mechanical issue to date (8 yrs). I love this car like the day I bought it. Does the center speedo pod bother me, no not really, I hardly notice it. Do I like the look of the newer Yaris', yep. Would I trade this one in on a newer one? Nope! The tires (Hankook) are the best of a factory car. They lasted me almost 90K miles (without rotation). This car is great for no-worry transport."

great car, served me well when single.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "fun, reliable and economical"

"Loved my yaris but new husband wants(needs) a suv and prefers american made"

I love this car.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, responsive, economical, great visibility"

Cons: "Air flow with the windows open, snow"

"I have been very happy with this car. I have taken care of all routine maintenance on time and that is all I've had to do. This is the only new car I've ever had and I have not been disappointed from the price, to the handling, to the upkeep and running costs. I trust this car which is worth a lot to me. I like that it is zippy. Being a little car in big traffic, I appreciate that. I have had to jam on the brakes due to poor driving of others but have always felt the car could safely handle what I needed it to do. Also, big things actually fit in this car. Seriously! I have moved furniture, bales of straw, and 6+ foot tall people. My tall husband and I drove out to a cousin's wedding several hours away and we were just fine in this car. I've run from Illinois to Louisiana and back and to Florida several times in this vehicle. No complaints."