2009 Toyota Yaris

Based on 724 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

reliable

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "slow"

"i bought the yaris new. may not have all the bells and whistles but after 80k have replaced one set of tires/wipers and that is all. has never seen the dealer."

Excellent vehicle! Value, MPG, Performance!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, great performance and handling."

Cons: "Putting the 12V receptacle in the center console."

"I bought this car in March 2011 through a used car dealer affiliated with my credit union. It had 60,600 miles. In 3.5 years, I have driven it 150,000 miles as a courier vehicle, in town (70%) and on the highway (30%). The only thing I have had to replace was the battery (fall 2011); the rest has been regular maintenance (oil changes, tires, shocks, brake pads and shoes). This car has delivered everything I have asked of it (30-32 MPG in town, 38-40 highway). When I need to replace it, I am going to buy another Toyota (this car is my 3rd Toyota)."

awsome car 40 mpg no problems except wheel bearing

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "cheap to keep"

Cons: "seats arent very good"

"Bought my car new it is a great money saver 40 mpg super reliable only repairs have been wheel bearings but at 160000 miles it hasnt even gone through an exhaust yet.still the orig battery, 4 snow tires and she will go anywhere in the winter. i will buy another and recomend them highly not comfortable seats...for long trips its tough. but not paying the gas man is everything to my budget"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Very zippy for a 4 cyl."

Cons: "Not very comfortable for long trips."

"I have had no major problems at all with this car. It even handles Wisconsin winters just fine."

Happy with my Yaris

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas, good price, zippy feel"

Cons: "Hard to see, small for passengers"

"I've had my Yaris for 7 years now, and it's been an extremely reliable car the whole time. I originally wanted a cute, small car, and the Yaris fit the bill perfectly. And now, I have a longer commute to work (50 miles each way) so I'm glad I have such a fuel efficient car to take me back and forth. Being so small and light, it does okay on snowy/icy roads if you take it easy, but I have gotten stuck in a few snow banks. It's fun to drive and feels very zippy, especially on curvy back roads. In terms of size, sometimes I feel like other drivers have a hard time seeing me, and passengers don't really enjoy sitting in the back seat. Overall my Yaris has served me well!"

excellent very good Gas mileage

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "handles well, good gear range nippy engine"

"excellent very good Gas mileage"

From SUV To 2 door hatchback Yairs

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Safety, sleek, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "not large enough cup-holder,"

this is not my car, but the same year and color. I'm sorry car I need photo's of you.

"When I first had an accident in my Rav4 (due to a illegal turn on a 2 lane highway), big fan of Toyota, I was completely devastated. But the body shop I DROVE IT TOO. Told me it was fixable and not too worry. My then insurance company told me they stopped writing at 7,000.and they were going to total it. I was mortified, I love my RAV4 like a child. I fault the insurance company tooth and nail to save my baby. I even tried to rescind my claim. They would have no part of this, it was my option. I researched this prior to fighting. Finally after too much stress I finally gave up. The SUV was almost paid off. I had lost my job and was working maybe 21 hours a week elsewhere far away. I needed transportation. Not buses went out to the country from Reston, VA. I've been driving so ling I knew nothing about buses. I went to my friend who is a general manager at a Toyota dealer where I was a dedicated customer. He had 3 cars on the floor and wanted to put me into a corolla, (coincidentally my first car back in the 80's)it sat beside a NEW RAV4. I wanted it so bad but knew I couldn't afford it. I saw this little car, I snuck up on it, I loved the color, pearl blue. There was a 1000. cash back on it I believe or may 500. ? The one that I sat it was so basic, not even an electric window. Woe, really a pain I thought, but good exercise. Finally my friend found one that had power windows. Only 3 in stock end of year. I said okay let me get this one. I was still missing my Rav4 but this little car was spiffy. I bought it and had to get used to it no lie there, it was hard. I bought a manual only one with power windows. I learned on a manual and I thought, I'd save a lot of gas. Great mileage for low gas. The only problem I had was not being used to being so low to the ground, from a small SUV and had trouble parking, haha. I pulled in pull back out in again until I was centered. Someone would hit my car with door dings anyways and a major dent mad me so mad. I love this car!!! Great gas mileage, fold down back seats for hauling my animals in their carriers of course. Sleek design, not really as small I had originally thought. It also makes me feel great I am saving gas, people even think it's a Prius, I wish I could have afforded it to be more green. I LOVE MY CAR for so my reasons. Better for the economy and for my pocket with is mostly empty, still looking for a FT job. Wish I could work for Toyota in their headquarters representing them that how much I approve of their safety features and the cars quick reaction. I'm so sorry my YARIS I prejudged you against my Rav4. You have never let me down, so dependable, shiny and zoom, zoom. Please forgive me. Sincerely I love you."

For an economy car, you cannot get better.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely the best economy car you can get."

Cons: "placement of the cup holders."

"We have owned this car for 8 years now, and have never had to replace a single part. This car does NOT fall apart, regardless of age. And, even if something did need replacing, this car is not difficult to fix or modify. Regarding modifications, there are a ton of after market mods that can be done to it. This car is modified so easily, and by so many people. Some are purely for personal reasons, but some are extremely helpful to the car in general. One such modification would be lowering the car, as it is so lightweight that is has a tendency with wind issues when driving on the highway. Lowering even 1.5 inches helps a lot. My only dislike of the car- and I think this goes for many a Yaris owner- is the placement of the cup holders in the front seats. They designed the car with the cup holders right in front of the air vents! So, lets keep my drink cool, but not myself? Was a nifty look when I first saw them, but it didn't take long to realize the placement was horrible. Final say on this car-- This is one of the best purchases we have ever made."

Immaculate condition.

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Excellent low price."

Black Beauty

"Black color, new battery and new tyres. Excellent body and engine condition. Low selling price."

Black Beauty

really good car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Blind spots, minor recalls"

"CONS: No cruise control available when purchased. Air/heat controls inconveniently located & hard to read. No lumbar support. Large blind spots. Many minor recalls. PROs: Handles well. Great pickup when needed. Good gas mileage. Seats 5 adults or 4 plus an infant seat. Wide cargo area."