2008 Toyota Yaris

Based on 789 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Although it's a pretty good car overall, I definitely would NOT purchase one if it snows where you live. In the snow, no matter what gear it is in, it is all over the road, and it does not like to stop (the brakes resist no matter what I do). It does great in good weather, it's usually fun to drive and it gets great gas mileage, but I definitely will NOT buy one again. I also will not be recommending it to anyone, as I cannot recommend a car I cannot trust."

Hey! It's a subcompact

By on Saturday, May 3, 2008

"We have owed our Yaris for almost a year and have over 15,000 miles on it. I have driven it in the blazing sun of a Nevada summer, in rain so bad you couldn't see, 2 feet of snow, and in wind gusts of 50 MPH, even got caught in a dust devil in it. It's a small car, and a 4-cylinder, but I have had no problem passing any vehicle in my travels. We originally bought this car because we needed something reliable after our GM vehicle of only 6 years needed $8,000 worth of repairs. We couldn't be happier with the Yaris. Most people think it's a hybrid and are surprised to find out it's not, but ranks right up there in "greeness" with the hybrids. I love my little car. The best part is not cringing when we have to fill up. I am getting 40 MPH around town and over 43 MPH on the highway. We are religious about maintenance and intend to keep this little sucker until it will run no more."

this is one hot mama

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"wow i never thought in a million years this car would be able to tow my boat to the U.P of Michigan but it really did, I welding a hitch to the back and hauled er' up der. This baby has some nice power for a little guy and enough room for all my firends. I get a few funny looks when im towing my boat and wearing my stormy kromer but hey im saving lots of gas money you know? This car is just great and i would recommend it to anyone"

Excellent vehicle! Value, MPG, Performance!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, great performance and handling."

Cons: "Putting the 12V receptacle in the center console."

"I bought this car in March 2011 through a used car dealer affiliated with my credit union. It had 60,600 miles. In 3.5 years, I have driven it 150,000 miles as a courier vehicle, in town (70%) and on the highway (30%). The only thing I have had to replace was the battery (fall 2011); the rest has been regular maintenance (oil changes, tires, shocks, brake pads and shoes). This car has delivered everything I have asked of it (30-32 MPG in town, 38-40 highway). When I need to replace it, I am going to buy another Toyota (this car is my 3rd Toyota)."

40 mpg city 55 mpg HW reliable cheap to own great

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

"For 8 years owing this Yaris I had no mechanical problems.Gas economy is outstanding, much higher than the official figures, and power is more than enough.It looks small but, actually, is bigger than Corollas of the 1990s. Can be parked almost anywhere. Consumer Reports speaks of inconveniences inside the car. For 8 years I haven't discovered them. The interior is somewhat Spartan, but I'll take it anytime combined with the outstanding reliability, economy, and more than adequate power and good overall dynamics on the road."