2008 Toyota Yaris

Based on 729 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Just add gas, maintain, & go . No problems, ever.

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

"Never any issues. Never breaks."

great car , smooth ride, no mechanical problems,.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

"Great car"

Surprisingly good car!!

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, small car so easy to park"

Cons: "small engine"

"This car has really surprised me in terms of its reliability and operation. It has plenty of power and I get over 36 MPG driving it. While a lot of other Toyota brands have had several recalls in the last few years I can only think of 2 with the Yaris and they were relatively minor. I've been really impressed with the car since I first bought it. The dash is in the middle, and that takes some getting used to, but i like it as it allows me to put my GPS directly in front of me. Great, economical car."

My 2nd review. A very dependable and good car.

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Good acceleration, great MPG, Very reliable."

Cons: "Wish I had purchased a 4 door instead of a 2-door"

"This is my second review. I purchased a 2009 Yarris, 2-door hatchback new. I average about 35-36 mpg in the summer and 32-24 in the winter. I live in Southeast Ohio and the percent of my driving is about 70% hwy/30% city. My commute is mostly hilly roads. My son's GF owns a 2007 Yaris and gets about 50mpg. On a long trip I can get 42-45 mpg just straight highway at 70 mph. I really love this car. It's been very dependable and after almost 60,000 miles I've had no trouble with it. If you are looking for a car to get you from point A to point B this is a car you should consider. Small but only when you look at it from the outside. Inside you have more room than other mid-side cars that I've owned. Even the back has leg-room. My only beef would be if I had to do it over I would have gotten a 4-door. You can use both sides of the car to get in the back, but only the passenger seat moves forward to allow people to get back in. Normally it's just my wife and I anyone and we use it for work and going around town. Besides the gas mileage, it love how maneuverable. You can make a 180 degree turn in half the space as my Chevy Venture. I noticed some people complain it's not comfortable on long trips. I guess that depends on the individual and how long you drive. I can go 3 hours to visit my mother without a problem. Traveling two days to Yellowstone park may be another matter. My van is much more comfortable to take than the Yaris but I'm sure a Mercedes-Benz would be better than my van. The bottom line is this is the kind of car I want to own. Dependable, good gas mileage, and safety add-ons like front, side and head airbags. The car has lots of pep and doesn't drive like a small car usually does. I don't have power windows but I've dealt with the switch going bad at the most inconvenient times (like when it starts to rain and you can't roll them up) that I would rather not have them. No power locks. It does have a great AC and heater. The rear defroster works. I added cruise control right after I purchased the car and although I'm weary of off-brands due to a bad experience I had no problems with it. This is a bare bones car but it's a very good bare bones car. I would own another Yaris based on my experience and recommend this car to anyone who is looking for something to commute in."

Yaris proves dependable

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Easy to park, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "interior, hub caps feel "cheap" and plastic"

"I have had the car since 2012 and was in a pinch to get a new car with a reasonable monthly payment with 3,000 down. The car took some getting used to because the interior did not compare with my previous Saturn Sedan. I have found the car to be reliable and fun to drive. The air was not pumping well when I bought it and needs to be checked, and I wish I would have had them address this with certification check. Car has extended warranty. I bought it, in part, because I liked the salesmen and was given the best interest rate around. I'm thinking of upgrading. Someone jabbed my fender and it was easily replaced. I like the fold down in the back and can pack it up for camping or other. The Yaris came recommended to me by a family who had one and traveled far to make the purchase. I recommend buying one with maximum air bag/safety features. In winter I can park in the smallest spaces or "half spaces" left by the snow removal trucks and that is pretty nice."