2008 Toyota Yaris

Based on 768 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Super get about town or medium distance drive car

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Price ok but rising, great mpg, good handling, so ugly it's cute"

Cons: "Not for long distance travel - never intended as such"

"Look, you're not going to get the ride or bells and whistles of a BMW, Mercedes or Cadillac. I bought the Yaris (in '07 at 12K) as a second car, for my work as a volunteer driver for the American Red Cross. On average, I pick up blood donations 4 to 8 times a month in the Buffalo, NY area and drive them to Rochester, NY. These trips average 140 miles round trip. Living in NY, the extortionist tax state, gas prices are always 20 plus cents more than the national average. My Yaris is a miser on gas, averaging 40 /- mpg on the road, depending on weather/traffic conditions, as expected. It now has over 68000 miles and the only things I replaced were front brake pads and plugs (myself - they're easily accessible) at 50000 miles and front tires (shoulda rotated). Now the muffler is grumbling like my beloved wife) and I am going to buy a new one. My Yaris is a 5 speed manual, base car. It served its intended purpose well. Quick manuevering, sporty ride (that's "stiff" to those wanting a marshmallow ride), drives well in snow (I live in Buffalo), reliable - has always started and gone even being non-garage housed, and the hatchback provides all the room I need to transport the coolers and boxes of blood I deliver. I would not venture on a cross country trip in it but that's what I have my Dodge Grand Caravan for - to tow my utility trailer, my mini popup camper and to drive my 5 granddaughters around. If you are looking for a zip about town, economical vehicle, buy this guy!!!!"

Can't kill it

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "low gas milage"

Cons: "not for tall people"

"Gets 36-38 mpg ave just change the oil it just keeps on running and running i will die before my toyota does."

Best car ever!

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "GREAT price, drive, easy to park,GREAT on gas!"

Cons: "no mud flaps, leg room in front"

"I have no power ANYTHING! No rear defrost and a 5-speed. Car was brand new and inexpensive!!! Have been rear ended and the car held up pefectly! No engine trouble ever. A little noisy inside the car. Perfect for a single person or a couple with no kids. No real trunk space but the back seat folds down for lots of room!!"

Perfect Economical Sedan Car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Simple Sedan Car with money savings on Gas"

Cons: "space problem when run with full seating"

"I won this gem for last 3 years now.It gives a excellent mileage and perfect ride.I easily travel above 350 miles for full tank.The only problem i see is that there is little space crunch if you are riding 4 - 5 people that too if they are above 6 in height."

Fun, Fast, room for 4 real size people

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "fun drive in summer and no problem in ice/snow"

Cons: "Love the large fold away cup holders on the dash"

"This car is cute to look at, small enough to park anywhere. The interior is basic but has lots of leg room front and back. With the back seat down I have transported a large reclianer with the hatch closed and a 8 foot book case with the hatch open. We call it our TARTUS (Dr Who)because its bigger on the inside."

Toyota knows how to build cars!

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Great price. Easy to drive. Much room inside."

Cons: "Absolutely NONE!"

"I bought this car used in 2009. I fell in love with it as soon as I drove it! It has lots of leg room in the back seat. Lots of places to put "stuff" and drink holders on the door instead of in the middle of the car. It has much better pick up for a small car than any Ford, Mercury or Chevy I've ever owned. I like the conciseness of the speedometer, a/c, heat, fan, etc., at the middle of the front console. I am one who keeps my car maintenanced on a regular basis. This car will last me forever!"

Excellent Economical Vehicle -- Most Reliable

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Exceptional Mileage and Good Subcompact car"

Cons: "Little Noisy on Freeway"

"The Car is an excellent in Mileage and very reliable.I have driven many times to Freeway and other roads.It has been pleasant till now."

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Although it's a pretty good car overall, I definitely would NOT purchase one if it snows where you live. In the snow, no matter what gear it is in, it is all over the road, and it does not like to stop (the brakes resist no matter what I do). It does great in good weather, it's usually fun to drive and it gets great gas mileage, but I definitely will NOT buy one again. I also will not be recommending it to anyone, as I cannot recommend a car I cannot trust."

Hey! It's a subcompact

By on Saturday, May 03, 2008

"We have owed our Yaris for almost a year and have over 15,000 miles on it. I have driven it in the blazing sun of a Nevada summer, in rain so bad you couldn't see, 2 feet of snow, and in wind gusts of 50 MPH, even got caught in a dust devil in it. It's a small car, and a 4-cylinder, but I have had no problem passing any vehicle in my travels. We originally bought this car because we needed something reliable after our GM vehicle of only 6 years needed $8,000 worth of repairs. We couldn't be happier with the Yaris. Most people think it's a hybrid and are surprised to find out it's not, but ranks right up there in "greeness" with the hybrids. I love my little car. The best part is not cringing when we have to fill up. I am getting 40 MPH around town and over 43 MPH on the highway. We are religious about maintenance and intend to keep this little sucker until it will run no more."

this is one hot mama

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"wow i never thought in a million years this car would be able to tow my boat to the U.P of Michigan but it really did, I welding a hitch to the back and hauled er' up der. This baby has some nice power for a little guy and enough room for all my firends. I get a few funny looks when im towing my boat and wearing my stormy kromer but hey im saving lots of gas money you know? This car is just great and i would recommend it to anyone"