2007 Toyota Yaris

Based on 789 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Super get about town or medium distance drive car

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Price ok but rising, great mpg, good handling, so ugly it's cute"

Cons: "Not for long distance travel - never intended as such"

"Look, you're not going to get the ride or bells and whistles of a BMW, Mercedes or Cadillac. I bought the Yaris (in '07 at 12K) as a second car, for my work as a volunteer driver for the American Red Cross. On average, I pick up blood donations 4 to 8 times a month in the Buffalo, NY area and drive them to Rochester, NY. These trips average 140 miles round trip. Living in NY, the extortionist tax state, gas prices are always 20 plus cents more than the national average. My Yaris is a miser on gas, averaging 40 /- mpg on the road, depending on weather/traffic conditions, as expected. It now has over 68000 miles and the only things I replaced were front brake pads and plugs (myself - they're easily accessible) at 50000 miles and front tires (shoulda rotated). Now the muffler is grumbling like my beloved wife) and I am going to buy a new one. My Yaris is a 5 speed manual, base car. It served its intended purpose well. Quick manuevering, sporty ride (that's "stiff" to those wanting a marshmallow ride), drives well in snow (I live in Buffalo), reliable - has always started and gone even being non-garage housed, and the hatchback provides all the room I need to transport the coolers and boxes of blood I deliver. I would not venture on a cross country trip in it but that's what I have my Dodge Grand Caravan for - to tow my utility trailer, my mini popup camper and to drive my 5 granddaughters around. If you are looking for a zip about town, economical vehicle, buy this guy!!!!"

Can't kill it

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "low gas milage"

Cons: "not for tall people"

"Gets 36-38 mpg ave just change the oil it just keeps on running and running i will die before my toyota does."

Best car ever!

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "GREAT price, drive, easy to park,GREAT on gas!"

Cons: "no mud flaps, leg room in front"

"I have no power ANYTHING! No rear defrost and a 5-speed. Car was brand new and inexpensive!!! Have been rear ended and the car held up pefectly! No engine trouble ever. A little noisy inside the car. Perfect for a single person or a couple with no kids. No real trunk space but the back seat folds down for lots of room!!"

Best little Pick-Up Truck I ever owned!! LOL

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, PARKING!, Price, Surprise...Comfort!"

Cons: "Roll up windows"

My 2009 Yaris Farm Truck! LOL

"I walked onto the lot in 2009 and told the guy I wanted the best gas mileage car on the lot. I didn't care what it was or what it looked like or what options it had with the exception of a/c and a radio. At the time my commute was 80 miles one way and two hours at best. I was filling up every other day and it was killing me. At 35 to 40 mpg life became a breeze but as the Gods would have it 6 months later I was offered early retirement!!! 2 months later and knowing nothing about horses I was offered a job on an Arabian Show Horse farm. My car was then transformed into my farm pick up truck! With the back seat folded down I have packed this vehicle with every tool and screw needed. I can carry up to 8 two by fours 8 foot long. I've carried ten by ten 10 foot long posts. Iv'e carried over 20 60 pound bags of cement! Here's a pic of the back of this vehicle packed with my saws, lumber, tools and chain saws!! I have beat the heck out of this little clown car. I have driven through the horse fields and over dirt and gravel roads. It has never let me down a single time! I change the oil ever 3 thousand miles and fix what I break but it won't die! Imagine a horse farm parking lot filled with huge F-150's and 250's and this little bug!! But unlike those guys I have no monthly payments and I can go 400 miles on 10 gallons of gas!!"

My 2009 Yaris Farm Truck! LOL

Not meant for the family

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I am a 23 year old mother of a 4 year old with special needs. I was the first person to buy a Yaris sedan at my local dealership March of 2006. My car gets an average of 38 miles to the gallon, after I used slick 50. The unique styling still makes people look at me when I drive by and people still ask if its a hybrid. I love the sport shifter and believe it or not, it only takes a few days to get used to everything in the center console. In fact when I use my husbands' camry, it feels awkard. Cons- If you are a long commuter, the seats are not that comfy. Car seats can fit in the rear, but do not put them in the center because your childs feet will be squished. The trunk can accomadate a stroller and a walker, but nothing else."