2007 Toyota Yaris

Based on 735 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Toyota goes the distance!

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Relability, mpg"

Cons: "oddly shape car."

"I purchased my yaris with 23000 miles, i have had this car for 5 years and the vehicle is at 153000miles. I have never had any major issues on the car. The only work i have had done is normal wear and tear items brakes,tires,belts,air filter,oil change,transmission flush. I can confidently say this car will make to 200000 and more! The mpg is very good especially on the highway. I drive from Eaststroudsburg PA to NY on about 1/3 of a tank. (10-11 gallon tank)"

Can't kill it

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "low gas milage"

Cons: "not for tall people"

"Gets 36-38 mpg ave just change the oil it just keeps on running and running i will die before my toyota does."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, great gas mileage, lots of storage"

Cons: "accelerator placement, not a family car"

"Literally the only thing I don't love about my car is how close the accelerator is to the center council. You have to put your foot at a right angle or sit further to the right side of the seat than it is designed for. It gets great gas mileage,I have not had a single problem with maintenance, it's a great car for two to three people, and has an amazing amount of storage. I highly recommend this car to singles or couples, but not family. The hatchback means you have to pull the seat forward in order to get in back, and that would probably be difficult if you have a car seat."

Great MPG but a little small inside

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "great mpg, tight turn radius, handles great"

Cons: "a little small inside"

"I bought my Yaris in spring 2007. I've loved it. Pros: I get great gas mileage, 38 is pretty standard and 40 is not unheard of in favorable weather. It handles great and the turn radius is glorious. The parking spots I get into are amazing! I personally love the dash gauges in the center of the dash, it really helps light not be distracting while driving at night and you get used to it very quickly. Semi-Cons: I'm 5'6" and it is barely big enough for me. I sometimes do feel a little tall for it. My husband, who is 5'11" isn't very comfortable in it but deals with it. So it's a great car for a shorter person. If you're looking for a car for kids, this isn't it. The backseat is barely large enough for an infant, rear-facing carrier...in fact it makes the front passenger seat unusable since it has to be forward so far. As a commuter car, it's been awesome. I've had no breakdowns or major repairs. Only general, preventative maintenance. I bought it with 30k miles on and have put on about 100k. If I was single, I'd buy it again. But with a growing family I'll probably look into a little larger sedan, but I'll stick with Toyota for sure."

One of the best cars I've ever owned

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Reason: Total loss after crash

Pros: "great price, great on gas, lots of cabin space"

Cons: "no tach in base model"

"I loved every minute I spent in and around my Yaris. It was reliable and comfortable. The front wheel drive is horrible in snow, but most front wheel drive vehicles are! In the Spring, Fall and Summer it gets no better than a Yaris. Great on gas, and beautiful in all it's escape pod shaped glory. I'll miss mine. Complete loss after an aciident, took it away from me."

best car for student

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"I never put a single penny except Tire and Oil change."

Very excited over car before had problems with it.

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "For small car it has a smooth ride and a pleasure"

Cons: "The problem in the begining of purchasing it"

"I have really enjoyed driving this car. I never had owned a toyota before but always wanted one. The only issue in the beginning was it was a used car and had no owners manuel. I didn't realize you had to have the key in the ignition with you foot on the brake and the steering wheel but be level.(straight) It was extremely irritating in the begining until I got the owners manuel and read what has to be done before the engine would even turn over. I had just gotten it had it for two weeks and was ready to return it. Once the kinks were worked out I now just love the car and would love another toyota."

Great small car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Great on gas. Fold rear seats down for more room"

Cons: "Poor emergency handling."

7 years old and still looks great

"I have used this car daily for the last 7 years. I have replaced the brake pads twice and the brake shoes once. I have changed the oil every 5,000 and had to replace a transaxle seal on the right side. Other than that, I have done nothing but put tires on it and gas into it. I would say that this car does have an issue with emergency control. This car is light weight and no matter what tires you put on, be careful on wet roads. Give plenty of room. If you have to do an emergency stop on wet roads you will not be able to stop in a distance that you would like. In the winter I put Les Schwab Observe tires on it, to get through the snow in the Puget Sound. This car is superior in snow."

7 years old and still looks great

Yaris is the perfect car for me

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Practical, easy to drive"

Cons: "no cruise control, hard to drive in high winds"

"The Yaris is a practical, reliable, and efficient car. I have had my Yaris for almost 3 years now and I still love it. I am never afraid to volunteer to drive because of the excellent gas mileage. I have taken road trips alone without breaking the bank; I have taken trips with every seat filled as well- its sometimes a tight squeeze (if people want to bring much stuff) but if you put your skinniest friend in the middle/back seat, it isn't too cramped which is surprising for a car its size! I can touch the windshield and hatch-window at the same just by spreading my arms. The seats in back fold flat to the trunk allowing plenty of room in the back for transporting things. "Practical" is the best word I can use to describe it- there are three glove-boxes and 7 cup-holders in a 5-seat vehicle. The only thing I would change about my Yaris is the lack of cruise control as a standard option. I miss cruise control, but not enough to get rid of this car! I love it."

Great little commuter car

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cons: "cramped leg room in back seats"

"Reliable to the 12th power, loves to go fast ( on freeway) great on gas"

Really Good Vehicle!

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great price, ice cold ac, great gas mileage,"

Cons: "power nothing, few cupholders, can get cramped,"

"My dad owns this & its the first car Ive ever driven. Compared to the other vehicles Ive handled, this car is very nice! Ours doesnt have power locks/windows but you get used to that! Driving for more than an hour or so gets uncomfortable but its not to bad! If you need a car with cruise, youre outta luck though. If you need a car with great mpg but dont want a smart car or hybrid, this thing is great with gas! I would definitely recommend this car to a friend in high school that needs a easy to maintain vehicle!"

LOVE IT!! Would buy again!!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage, no mechan. issues"

Cons: "Needs more comfy seats"

"I absolutely LOVE my Yaris!! It is the very first new car I ever bought and have had NO problems with it whatsoever. Since then we bought a vehicle that was two years newer and have had several serious issues with it. If you are looking for an economical option with great gas mileage, no matter what your age, I would definitely recommend buying a Yaris! The only thing I wish was better was the comfort of the seats...other than that I have NO complaints!"

Roomy interior inspite of its looks.

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"It has great pickup and a great turning radius. I can fly at 85 and 95 miles per hour without a shimmy. It is comfortable. The trunk is big. I can put the back seats down for more room if I have to haul something. Drove it cross country with my friend and it was great. Toyota dealers are everywhere for oil changes. I love my car!"

Excellent car- actually have 3 of them

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Front air vents are located to close to cupholders"

"5 door hatchback:Excellent gas mileage, great handling- like a sports car (small turning circle & great manuverability), great pick up once you get out of 1st gear;carries lots of cargo with seats folded down ( the only thing that has ever stuck out of the trunk was a folded 10 foot long gazebo.Just routine Maintenance, NEVER HAD TO HAVE ANYTHING FIXED! 4 Door sedans: I have a 2008 & 2010 .Handling not as great as the hatchback, but same quality as above. Maintenance on 2008- oil changes and tires. And all of them start every time. What more could I ask for ?"

Subcompact - exensive, very loud inside, no frills

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "cheap to repair/maintenance, good gas mileage"

Cons: "light, no C.C./frills, uncomfortable, loud, cheap"

"I'm not impressed with the Yaris. I've owned a Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, an older VW Jetta, and an old Buick LeSabre. This started off as a new car. The positives are that it is cheap. It has relatively good gas mileage and it's cheap to maintain if you have a good mechanic. I have had all minor, basic repair and maintenance costs. My brakes are still good after this many years. On the negative side, it's so light that it blows around like a sail boat on the highway with wind. The manual (my preference) transmission had NO electric anything. This means good gas mileage and better acceleration, but it has no cruise control, no power locks or windows, and basically just no-electric-type-features. It's definitely NOT comfortable, and I'm not picky for comfort-ability because I'm lean and don't usually care about seating, etc. Even the stereo system is fairly shoddy and already has some "break down" type components (CD-player, plug to play music from mp3s, etc.). I wouldn't recommend buying this car to anyone."

Glad I got the sedan

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "handling reliability, efficiency"

Cons: "seating comfort, cupholder"

"First its a nice looking car black and tan. I like the style in and out. There is a central dashboardd which is different. My one complaint is cupholder is in front of air vent and blocks it. Not super comfortable for long trips. Great handling turns on a dime. Very reliable no issues at almost 70k. Gas mileage is as good as advertised. I think it was a good deal even though it was a bit pricey to buy new for a subcompact."

Love this car, would buy another one in a second.

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, cheap to maintain"

Cons: "Not luxury, wish it had four doors"

"Very reliable, great gas mileage, very cheap to maintain. I've had mine for five years and zero things have gone wrong with it. I would buy another one with no hesitation."

TOTOYA, YARIS

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic fuel-efficient, affortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "No electric doors or windows. All manual."

"Owning my Toyota Yaris has been fantastic! However, I do love my car for many reasons. Its small and compact, yet spacious at the same time. It contains two-door, very nice seating designs and definitely comfortable, hatchback (liftback)spacious enough, basic technology equipment, several storage compartments in convenient areas. Nevertheless, besides its basic features what I love about my car is that is fuel-efficient. I literally gas-up once a week. Since the car is pretty petite it fits almost everywhere to park, very convenient."

great car i have this for last 4 years and i love

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

"the best car for the value"

Great car, great gas mileage, surprisingly smooth

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

"I've owned this car for a year and a half, and I've driven it to and from work daily, as well as from TN to CA and back plus numerous shorter road trips. The Yaris is quite comfortable for the driver and passenger. The back seat is a bit small, but I usually have the seats laid down for my dogs or to haul things around, and for this it's much roomier than you'd expect. I even slept in the back of this thing on several of my road trips. The Yaris handles really well; the turn radius on it is really just amazing. I also don't feel like I'm getting whipped around in the wind on the interstate, like I felt with my old '98 Prizm. The gas mileage is really amazing too - I average about 37 when I'm driving town and interstate, but for interstate road trips I use E85 to get about 40 mpg. I bought this car because I wanted a relatively inexpensive crossover-type vehicle. A hatchback/hauling-type car with good gas mileage were my biggest considerations. I am 100% satisfied with my Yaris and would absolutely recommend it."

terrific no frills economy car

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "amazing gas mileage, good fit & finish for $$"

Cons: "not liking plastic hub caps, poor speaker quality"

"fuel efficient(and on regular gas), smooth auto trannie, sensible controls easy to access. highly recommend finding one with cruise control & power options. stock speakers really sub par - require upgrade. not much pick up after 40 mph (well what do you expect for 108 HP?)."

Reliable zippy car for urban driving

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, fuel efficiency, affordability"

Cons: "Bumpy ride, poor sound insulation"

"My wife and I live in Des Moines. We bought a new Yaris hatchback 5.5 years ago. Our main purchase criteria at the time were affordability, reliability and good fuel economy. We drive the Yaris mostly in the city and take our Camry on longer trips. The Yaris has been amazingly reliable - not a single repair in all these years! The car is relatively light, so even with a 1.5l engine it easily leaves behind bigger cars at the lights. The small size prooved to be a big plus when parking in tight spots downtown. The car performed well in icy and snowy conditions. The interior is pretty basic but sturdy. Still looks good and everything works well. The sound insulation is mediocre. One has to crank up volume on the radio when driving on the interstate. But this is probably true with most subcompact cars. I would recommend this car to anyone who values the practical qualities I mentioned."

Will never sell!

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage is amazing, spacious, lots of storage"

Cons: "Cabin is not very quiet while driving"

"This car is perfect for the highway driver. My car has 135,000 miles and I am just now changing the manufacturer parts i.e...spark plugs,brakes, driver/passenger window weatherstripping. As of right now there is nothing wrong with these parts, they are just starting to show some wear and tear. With continued regular upkeep I'm sure this car will last me another 135,000 miles."

Fun, Fast, room for 4 real size people

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "fun drive in summer and no problem in ice/snow"

Cons: "Love the large fold away cup holders on the dash"

"This car is cute to look at, small enough to park anywhere. The interior is basic but has lots of leg room front and back. With the back seat down I have transported a large reclianer with the hatch closed and a 8 foot book case with the hatch open. We call it our TARTUS (Dr Who)because its bigger on the inside."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Economical, great little car!!"

Cons: "Rear defogger takes long to work in the morning"

"I got this car after my 2009 Chevrolet was totaled. I wanted something smaller and more economical and boy did I ever make a good choice. It gets great gas mileage and drives and handles well."