2007 Toyota Yaris

Based on 729 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

I love this car.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, responsive, economical, great visibility"

Cons: "Air flow with the windows open, snow"

"I have been very happy with this car. I have taken care of all routine maintenance on time and that is all I've had to do. This is the only new car I've ever had and I have not been disappointed from the price, to the handling, to the upkeep and running costs. I trust this car which is worth a lot to me. I like that it is zippy. Being a little car in big traffic, I appreciate that. I have had to jam on the brakes due to poor driving of others but have always felt the car could safely handle what I needed it to do. Also, big things actually fit in this car. Seriously! I have moved furniture, bales of straw, and 6+ foot tall people. My tall husband and I drove out to a cousin's wedding several hours away and we were just fine in this car. I've run from Illinois to Louisiana and back and to Florida several times in this vehicle. No complaints."

My favorite car.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage (36-39 mpg combined."

"I prefer small cars for their convenience in tight spaces. Before the Yaris I owned a Toyota Echo. Basically the same car. I will stick with this model as long as it's made."

Great vehicle and 36 MPG!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"This is a wonderful car. Looks great, drives fantastic, really safe and dependable, low maintainence, and gets 36 MPG, more when driving the freeway. Lots of interior space and trunk space. Handles well no matter what the weather!"

Great little car!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, fits into every parking space"

Cons: "rear hatch entry gets scratched"

"This 7 year old little car has been from WI to FL and all states in between and still runs like a champ. I get great mileage even for an automatic, and the front leg room is sufficient for my 6'+ sons to travel long distances comfortably. The hatch and fold down rear seats allow for toting lots of luggage plus helping with kids' moving needs. The back seats are also comfortable both in knee room and head room - at least for someone 5'6". The only suggestion I'd make to Toyota is to add rear entry scratch protection as standard. You guys KNOW it's going to be used for hauling stuff!"

195000 Miles. AMAZING

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Awesome Reliability. Fuel economy ."

Cons: "No cons :)"

"This car is amazing. Only routine maintenance... Oil changes Tires... Brakes were done one time and spark plugs.. Most reliable vehicle ive ever driven.. Awesome car"

Cons: "none if you are looking for an economical car deal"

"Bought new in 8/2009 and now has over 83,000 miles as of 3/7/14. Been very reliable, gas mileage up to 44 MPG at normal speeds, still runs well, and no major maintenance issues. Love the car."

Best vehicle I ever bought

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "ex.value. safe. great pickup.fuel economy"

Cons: "seats not as comfortable as they could be."

"I bought this car new in 2006 although it is a 2007 model and have driven it all over east coast. This car has never let me down. She handles beautifully and for a 4 cylinder has great pick up. With 239,000+ miles on her she still consistently gives me 37 mpg in city and 40 hwy. I change oil every 5,000 miles but only real work I have had done is a new alternator and serpentine belt around 200,000 miles. New front brakes around 215,000 mi and in fact I am still running the original rear brake pads and they still look good after almost 8 years! I am also still using original clutch and it remains nice and tight with no slippage. I love this car! It is hands down the absolute best car I have ever bought and there is no better value or reliability for the money."

great little car

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, and great gas milage"

Cons: "wouldn't mind having electronic doors locks"

"You can pay a lot more for a Hybrid but I have been able to get 42 mpg, now that it is older I'm still getting 34 mpg. Plus it is comfortable. I have no mechanical problems my mechanic is still waiting."

Good on gas and easy to drive and park.

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Got it for my wife to drive to work, her first new"

Cons: "Interior is noisy on long trips & on expressway."

"Interior is OK, nothing fancy, but good on gas going back and forth to work. Got oil change and looked at a 2014 Yaris. Dealer was only willing to offer me $8000 or I would have gotten a new one last Thursday."

Excellent vehicle and totally reliable

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, trunk space, leg room"

Cons: "ride is a little bumpy"

"It is the perfect economy vehicle."

Great commuter car

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Cons: "Cup holders spill everything!"

"Very great gas mileage, very little problems. However the interior is very basic and the vehicle is light. Not good for winter driving."

Very pleased, best vehicle I ever bought !

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Perfect for me !"

"Love this car!"

LOVE this car. She "is Yar!" ;)

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "GREAT mpg; reliable; easy to park/manuver"

Cons: "a few design flaws"

"I bought this car new and have put a lot of miles on it; I did a 100 mile/day commute for two years and a 70 mile/day currently as well as family trips of 1500 miles (round trip). I get 40 mpg on the top half of the tank. I said family trips and I meant it; no, we weren't spread out but we were able to take two adults and two children and their stuff and be comfortable. I love the amount of storage and THAT is a big part of what is holding me back from buying the new one now that I am approaching 100,000 miles... I don't want buyer's remorse! Also, I like that the display is in the center, I think it helps me avoid speeding tickets... Only complaints are basic... the back seat doesn't lay down flat unless it is pushed all the way forward, and then there is a gap in the floor; the sun visors aren't wide enough/need an extendable piece; the hubcaps were poorly sized and broken easily."

Cheaply made

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Cheap, easy to drive, good gas mileage."

Cons: "cheaply made (belts included), dents easy"

"I have had my Yaris for almost 3 years. It was priced decent but now as I get to 70k, I am not so happy. My main belt has a crack in it and I am not a crazy driver. My hub caps keep breaking off. I think that is because they are hard to remove and the oil change place is breaking them though. This car has been okay, but I hit a shopping cart in a storm and it cracked the front grill of my car and I didn't hit it hard. Also, a shopping cart hit the back of my car and put a really big dent in it. This car dents VERY easy. It runs okay, but just bad part quality. This is the first time I have been so disappointed in a Toyota."

Weird Ugly Little Car, really good mileage

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Fast little car with great gas mileage"

Cons: "no power windows or locks. no armrest."

"I was lucky enough to get a 6 Year old 2007 with 1028 miles on it. Yep One Thousand and Twenty Eight. What can I say? It's Super White so looks like a giant Chicken Egg. Has a 5 speed stick that shifts like my 1993 S-10 Pickup. (It's like rowing a boat and peddling a bicycle to shift) Unfortunately the peddles are jammed together so tight that my size 11's get in the wrong place. Has a "Blue Dot" upholtery that gives you a feeling of being watched by little eyes, and is great to cure boredom. ("How many dots are there?") Strange distracting center mounted Speedometer No Tach It has hand crank windows and manual door locks, No alarm or remote fob. No sort of armrest. Needed a brand new $150 battery day one. Has a nice CD player. Cold air conditioning. A hot hot heater. Great acceleration. It's like driving a sports car (if you close your eyes) LOTS and LOTS of glove compartments And it still gets 32-34 mpg driven HARD. Will have to drive this thing a long long time to catch up with the Blue Book mileage. But at 300+ miles a tank full, it will likely happen. Maybe.. Strange that after having the entire car serviced by the original dealer at 1100 miles, it now "squeals" when started cold. Perhaps they wanted to make up for the embarassingly low mileage? It is almost embarassing to drive but, will likely become a "Quirky" Classic, if it lasts 40 years.. Like my 1967 Ford truck has."

40 mpg city 55 mpg HW reliable cheap to own great

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

"For 8 years owing this Yaris I had no mechanical problems.Gas economy is outstanding, much higher than the official figures, and power is more than enough.It looks small but, actually, is bigger than Corollas of the 1990s. Can be parked almost anywhere. Consumer Reports speaks of inconveniences inside the car. For 8 years I haven't discovered them. The interior is somewhat Spartan, but I'll take it anytime combined with the outstanding reliability, economy, and more than adequate power and good overall dynamics on the road."

Lots of really good surprises

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Lots more room than expected."

Cons: "some road noise (limited sound insulation)."

"Very surprised with this car. I don't think my dealer even realized what the car could do. I purchased this car December 20, 2006 for wife. I have never had a problem with it until the past week when both high beams went out at the same time. Oddly it was only the light bulbs which I was able to replace with no problem other than having to pry the rubber boss off the back of the headlight. Recently I have begun to hear a whining noise that seems to come from the transmission. It may or may not be something to be concerned about. I do LOTS of home repair and handyman work and am a plumber and do most of my work out of this car. When I lower the back seat I can get a 10 ft stick of PVC pipe up to 3" in the car. Matter of fact I can get 3 of them in there and have carried many 2x4 studs. I have packed the trunk with tools many times. Gas mileage on my Yaris far exceeds the sticker estimate. For the first 50,000 I always ran 41-43 mpg. I'm not a fast driver but don't poke around either. MPG is lowest on freeway driving where I run 65-70 mph. With A/C running and a 200 lb passenger I was getting 39 mpg. When the price of gas went up to near $4/gallon the mpg dropped (at about 55,000) to 39-41 mpg. The worst I have yet recorded was very near 37 mpg. Recently as of around September 2013 mpg seemed to go back up which I attribute to USA fuel formulation standards and alcohol content. I am back to getting a fairly solid 41 mpg. My 1st set of tires lasted 55,000 miles. I completely wore out the second set of tires until I had a blow out at 128,000 after replacing 2 of the tires. Needless to say money was tight. The only problems I've had with this car seems to be the dealership's service department. Last oil change they tried to sell me an unnecessary brake job on the front when it actually needed brake shoes on the back. They missed a tail light bulb and probably a headlight bulb on inspection since BOTH high beams went out at night while driving one week later. The service guy outright lied to me telling me there was a vibration at 55 mph. I drive this car virtually every single day and it does NOT vibrate. I go there for the inspection and usually great service. Now I'm questioning if I should just take it to Walmart or do it myself. I'm losing my faith and trust in their service department. Last week I purchased an old used 1996 Toyota Avalon for a friend in destitute need and took it there for service. Their inspection only stated "multiple oil leaks" (what good is that? I need specifics to know the condition of the vehicle. Service guy failed to catch dome light out, seat motor malfunction, marker light out, cruise control not working. Overall, my experience ANY Toyota is a great car. I've purchased 2 new and have had several old high mileage junkers. One was a 1987 Camry with 450,000 miles on it.... I expect the two aging Toyotas I have now to reach or exceed that mileage before I trash them."

Toyota goes the distance!

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Relability, mpg"

Cons: "oddly shape car."

"I purchased my yaris with 23000 miles, i have had this car for 5 years and the vehicle is at 153000miles. I have never had any major issues on the car. The only work i have had done is normal wear and tear items brakes,tires,belts,air filter,oil change,transmission flush. I can confidently say this car will make to 200000 and more! The mpg is very good especially on the highway. I drive from Eaststroudsburg PA to NY on about 1/3 of a tank. (10-11 gallon tank)"

Can't kill it

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "low gas milage"

Cons: "not for tall people"

"Gets 36-38 mpg ave just change the oil it just keeps on running and running i will die before my toyota does."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, great gas mileage, lots of storage"

Cons: "accelerator placement, not a family car"

"Literally the only thing I don't love about my car is how close the accelerator is to the center council. You have to put your foot at a right angle or sit further to the right side of the seat than it is designed for. It gets great gas mileage,I have not had a single problem with maintenance, it's a great car for two to three people, and has an amazing amount of storage. I highly recommend this car to singles or couples, but not family. The hatchback means you have to pull the seat forward in order to get in back, and that would probably be difficult if you have a car seat."

Great MPG but a little small inside

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "great mpg, tight turn radius, handles great"

Cons: "a little small inside"

"I bought my Yaris in spring 2007. I've loved it. Pros: I get great gas mileage, 38 is pretty standard and 40 is not unheard of in favorable weather. It handles great and the turn radius is glorious. The parking spots I get into are amazing! I personally love the dash gauges in the center of the dash, it really helps light not be distracting while driving at night and you get used to it very quickly. Semi-Cons: I'm 5'6" and it is barely big enough for me. I sometimes do feel a little tall for it. My husband, who is 5'11" isn't very comfortable in it but deals with it. So it's a great car for a shorter person. If you're looking for a car for kids, this isn't it. The backseat is barely large enough for an infant, rear-facing carrier...in fact it makes the front passenger seat unusable since it has to be forward so far. As a commuter car, it's been awesome. I've had no breakdowns or major repairs. Only general, preventative maintenance. I bought it with 30k miles on and have put on about 100k. If I was single, I'd buy it again. But with a growing family I'll probably look into a little larger sedan, but I'll stick with Toyota for sure."

One of the best cars I've ever owned

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Reason: Total loss after crash

Pros: "great price, great on gas, lots of cabin space"

Cons: "no tach in base model"

"I loved every minute I spent in and around my Yaris. It was reliable and comfortable. The front wheel drive is horrible in snow, but most front wheel drive vehicles are! In the Spring, Fall and Summer it gets no better than a Yaris. Great on gas, and beautiful in all it's escape pod shaped glory. I'll miss mine. Complete loss after an aciident, took it away from me."

best car for student

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

"I never put a single penny except Tire and Oil change."