2007 Toyota Yaris

Based on 757 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Small car for a big guy

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"I'm a big guy and my friends are even bigger and this car has the ability to handle my requirement of lots of headroom and girth and still has enough room in the back (with the back seat down) to pack in my mobile DJ system. And with all that weight it still has more than enough power to maneuver the hilly terrain of Upstate New York like a sports car and get great mileage to boot. I also do my own maintenance so not having a timing belt to change at 60K is pretty sweet. All the fluid drains are easily accessible and the drive belt is adjusted with the alternator eliminating that pesky idler pulley that causes issues on the Corrolla. Cons: Noisy But for the price get a louder stereo.."

Super get about town or medium distance drive car

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Price ok but rising, great mpg, good handling, so ugly it's cute"

Cons: "Not for long distance travel - never intended as such"

"Look, you're not going to get the ride or bells and whistles of a BMW, Mercedes or Cadillac. I bought the Yaris (in '07 at 12K) as a second car, for my work as a volunteer driver for the American Red Cross. On average, I pick up blood donations 4 to 8 times a month in the Buffalo, NY area and drive them to Rochester, NY. These trips average 140 miles round trip. Living in NY, the extortionist tax state, gas prices are always 20 plus cents more than the national average. My Yaris is a miser on gas, averaging 40 /- mpg on the road, depending on weather/traffic conditions, as expected. It now has over 68000 miles and the only things I replaced were front brake pads and plugs (myself - they're easily accessible) at 50000 miles and front tires (shoulda rotated). Now the muffler is grumbling like my beloved wife) and I am going to buy a new one. My Yaris is a 5 speed manual, base car. It served its intended purpose well. Quick manuevering, sporty ride (that's "stiff" to those wanting a marshmallow ride), drives well in snow (I live in Buffalo), reliable - has always started and gone even being non-garage housed, and the hatchback provides all the room I need to transport the coolers and boxes of blood I deliver. I would not venture on a cross country trip in it but that's what I have my Dodge Grand Caravan for - to tow my utility trailer, my mini popup camper and to drive my 5 granddaughters around. If you are looking for a zip about town, economical vehicle, buy this guy!!!!"

I love(d) this car. And it protected my family.

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Well built, fun to drive, great economy. Safe!!!!!"

Cons: "None! Great car."

"4 door sedan, 5 spd manual, anti-lock brakes (great call), air-bags all over the place (great call). This car was fun to drive, got great gas mileage (38 mpg on a regular basis). It was roomy all around. I'm 6 ft., 240 lb.s. Comfortable ride. It WAS a great car. I hit a medium sized deer head-on at 50 mph, no braking. The car performed exactly as designed. Air bags deployed. The front end collapsed in on itself. The passenger compartment was completely intact. The door alignments were completely unaffected and in perfect shape. All three of us, plus our dog, walked away completely unharmed."

Great for Travel

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"I got this car because I travel a lot from southern Wyoming to Seattle (around 2200 miles round trip) and need to have a reliable car with great gas mileage. This car is amazing on gas (avg 40 mpg) very reliable and comfortable on long trips. The accelaration isn't spectacular but it's a 4 cylinder for goodness sakes. Love this car and would reccomend it to most anyone :)"

The Bomb

By on Thursday, May 24, 2007

"This has got to be the best car ever. Fine, Fast, and Comfortable. I was really surprised moving from a full size passenger vehicle. I thought it was going to be cramped, hard driving, and boring, But its not. Its super comfortable, and lots of seating room. I was able to fit 1 teenager, 1 4yr old and an infant in the back no problemo, and thats with car seats. . The Hatch is cute, along with the body style. Stereo is excellent, make sure you get the Aux plug for the MP3's. Dont be put off by the external look of size. It is really.. really roomie inside, and you cant beat the MPG. 34-40.. EXCELLENT."