• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1993 Toyota Xtra Cab

Based on 493 Ratings for the 1989 - 1995 models.

Built for reliability

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Very plain, extremely practical, takes a certain person to want the most reliable vehicle made yet not as comfortable as it could be, but then again if it gave a better ride then it would be too heavy to still get just over 30 mpg. The biggest reason why I have owned one so long is because in florida both of my old toyota pickups have zero rust, along with knowing they are an outstanding little truck. In 94 the corolla and the pickups were just a few hundred apart and now the tacoma cost thousands more then the corolla. They messed around with the perfect little truck so now it cost a lot more and doesn't get close to the mileage to 94 and older do. In other countries they stayed with the old style but to make americans happy they started building them heavier and more comfortable and jacked the price and lowered the mpg's. They should stick with what works, but I gues the tacoma is rated high as well? My pic is of my 91 I don't have a pic of the 94 but same style"

Wonderful Truck!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

"My grandfather gave me this truck when I got my license, and I have driven it for two years. I LOVE THIS TRUCK! Does wonderful off road, looks great for 20 years old, no rust, incredibly reliable, and always starts in the morning. It preforms perfectly and safely in snow and other slick surfaces. Fuel mileage is pretty good on the freeway. 21 MPG at highway speeds, but in local traffic and short trips gets around 16-18 mpg. Plenty of power to haul any loads you can put in it! This is a perfect first car for a teen, lots of fun and fairly safe. It does not have ABS or airbags however."

BEST TRUCK EVER

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Love my truck after i got my lift kit on it. its unstoppable i can go anywhere i want even around my friends when they get stuck in the mud"

old reliable

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"We had a 1989 sr5 extended cab 2 Wheel drive 5 speed, 4 cyclinder 22R. Still on it's original clutch when we sold it after 20 years. Driven daily and still chugging on when sold. Still getting about 25 miles per gal when we sold it. Always reliable and always started. Had to replace one engine seal, and the thermostat a few times. Replaced the rear bumper due to rust at 12 years. Suspect it will run until the body falls off of it. (Body rust started around 17 years). Only complaint - other than the rust - was that to change the headlights you have to take off the entire front grill (finger pinching snaps)."

Amazing Truck

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

"This truck has been the best truck in the world, i've put it through everything you can imagine and it just keeps going with almost 250000 mi. I'll never buy a truck other than a toyota"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Xtra Cab near Honolulu. See local deals