2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,502 - $27,760.

10/7.2

Based on 221 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

2009 Venza

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I love this car! I bought mine in August, moving up from an 05 Corolla. I've driven from VA to CT and VA to FL. Very comfortable rides each time. Plenty of room for luggage for 2, and 2 dogs. I'm still getting used to the MPG difference between the Corolla and the Venza, but the Venza performed beautifully when I hit the NJ turnpike and really had to keep up with traffic. I would recommend this to anyone with a family of 5 or less, as there's no 3rd row of seats."

Really Great Vehicle

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I bought the AWD model 4 cyl and it runs like a champ. This vehicle is great in HWY and city - I am average about 23.9 gal per mile so far. I went from a 2007 Tundra 16MPG to 24MPG. My insurance went down and I didn't get a lease like my truck and besides my $700 dollars mo payments - which it hurts - in 5 years I will own a vehicle that may last forever. You can tell this product has the "QUALITY" all over."

One of the best cars we have owned

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "just about everything"

Cons: "The sun visors do not extend making driving north"

"In 28 years of marriage we have owned over 30 cars - guess we are car junkies. These have ranged from BMW 740il's to Audi A8's to a4's, Mercedes 430, Lexus 400, King Ranch 350 Dually and the list goes on and on. The only other car that we can say would rival this goes back to the 80's - a Nissan Maxima station wagon, for value, driveability, space and reliability. This is by far one of the best cars we have ever owned. It gets about 23mpg in town and if you drive the speed limit, in AZ 75 on the highways, we get about 28mpg. I would insist however on the AWD as i noticed during test driving that when accelerating in the 2wd, car physically wiggled on the back end. Engine is just too powerful for the chassis. There is no such wiggle in the AWD. Interior is surprisingly large - I'm 6'2" and fit perfectly behind the wheel. The rear, with its electronic opener is a dream for hauling the stuff of our 5 grand kids and two labs."

Beautiful, economical, bumpy ride

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "excellent price"

Cons: "bumpy ride"

"Absolutely beautiful design, comfortable interior, features at your finger tips, but the 20" wheels on the V6 makes for a bumpy ride."

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Wanted to get away fr big SUV..this is a very comfortable ride, sleek styling and no problems whatsoever but I miss the interior room of the suv"

Comfort Plus

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Built for comfort and style. Easy to get in and out of."

Flawless

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Outstanding car. Does everything as advertised. 2.7L has more power than expected. Mileage is exactly as claimed. As with all Toyotas, fit and finish is perfect. Bought base model and has more standard equipment than any car I've ever owned. Check out the Venza. You won't be disappionted. Highly recommend!"

most confortable. first suv and very well pleased.

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "so easy to manuver in traffic."

"quite and easy to drive in the open highways."

This is the very best vehicle I have owned.

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Rides nice, fun to drive, classy looking,"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better, cost is little high"

"I have bought many different vehicles, and this one is by far the best I have owned. I like the looks, ride, and it is fun to drive. My kids want me to sell to them as they haven't been able to find any used Venzas."

Own one.. would buy again

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"We love the Venza. Bought new and have put 67000 miles on it. Water Pump did need replacing as well as the front struts which is way to early. BUT we love the room, has enough power, gets good enough mileage. Handles nice. Love it."

Great car! All over excellence

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable and easy to get into"

Cons: "None - love this car!"

"This car is the most comfortable riding and smooth riding car I've ever had. Right up there with a Lexus we used to own. Like it even better than the Lexus. The looks are out of this world....attractive car!"

09 Venza!

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"My wife and I traded a Dodge Ram and a Pontiac Vibe for this Venza. She got a job where she has to travel alot and this vehicle has been amazing for her and her trips. I drive a Lexus RX and this vehicle is just as nice or nicer. When we were shopping we narrowed our search to this car and a RX 350 Lexus, and obviously chose the Venza. Reasons: more affordable, more options, 2 years newer and better mileage. Overall this is an amazing vehicle with plenty of room and considering the mountainous area where we live, the AWD is just as good as the Dodge Ram was. Excellent Choice. Also this vehicle was made in the US. Kentucky to be exact."

Great Car!

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I've had my Venza for 2 years and have no regrets. I moved up from a Toyota Corolla, needed more room for the dogs. I've traveled from CT to FL in this car and it's a very comfortable ride. I have the 6cyl FWD, JBL sound system and panoramic roof. The car is a joy to drive and handles very well. Only maintenance has been oil changes. No issues with anything. Easy to get into and out of if you have joint issues."

Not bad

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"I bought the V6 AWD w/Nav and Roof (Premium Package 2). I have the Silver one but i liked the white and grey. The car brakes well and is quick. More fun than the Honda Crossover overall. The CrossOver has better interior but that is about it. The JBL 13 Speaker Navigation is great. The Bluetooth streaming works well with my iPod Touch playing music without wires. The Backup camera is a good feature so you don't run over your kids or grandma pulling out of the driveway but too hard for parking cuz no guide lines like Morano and such. The 4 cyl is a great deal/value if you are frugal and don't need the stuff but the one I bought gets pricey since with the package adds another 8k. I was thinking of the Acura MDX but after adding the same options, it was about 15k more with less like pana roof. The roof is cool but needs alot of Windex. All-in-all, I bought it cuz of my new born son so minivan or SUV or something in between. Easy to get in and the cargo is low enough for my 5' wife to throw the stroller in easily with out a forklift. The back facing infant seat is tight and only can fit on either side of the back seat rather than the middle. The front passenger seat hits it when leaning it back at a normal decline but still enough space if not going to sleep upfront. There is some wind and road noise on my AWD V6 but not bad. Besides, I have the 16 spkrs blasting anyway when baby is not with me. I'm betting it is reliable cuz I have a 93 toy at 176k and still running strong. A little sloppy on the perfection arena but not noticeable but i compare it to my Japan plant built 93. Overall, I have no regrets and have a lot of fun driving it so far. If you can't face reality and your manhood to buy a minivan, be like me, get a modern day station wagon with 20 inch mags. I'll get the minivan for the wife."

Dream Car

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"I bought this car, used (4,800 miles) barely one year old and wow! I paid 20K and by reading all reviews thought I got a great deal. But, seeing it, driving it, and looking at it, I realized I have hit the jackpot! It truly rides great and on the highway ramps; picks up speed like a 6 cyl. I have the 4 cyl base model with the 19 tires, but it came with a wealth of standard attributes. I am pleased and so are may others when they compliment me on this vehicle. I test drove the car AFTER I made the commitment to purchase it. I fell in love with it then. I recommend this vehicle to anyone. I chose it over the Mercedes 300 series, so what does that say!"

09 Venza

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

"The Venza is a great vehicle. the only thing I could say that needs improvement is the 4 cyl. starts and runs alittle loud before it warms up. one of the best parts is the room placed a 52 inch LCD in the back with room to spare"

Shockingly fun

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"The Toyota Highlander was my choice until the "cash for clunkers" program made me look at the Venza. The 4cyl. version was plenty powerful and better on gas. It also comes with less "pimped" wheels than the 6cyl. The cloth seats were gray (almost white), so I had the dealer switch them out to an after market leather which I actually like better than the factory leather. The car is a delight to drive. I just returned from a week-long trip of 3000 miles and I am ready to go again. Very comfortable and everywhere we stopped it was a head turner. I do not regret giving up my Highlander. The cargo area is almost the same in the Venza and it is much sportier. Toyota did their homework on this one."

A dream fullfilled

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I have wanted a Venza since I first that Toyota was going to build a crossover. So far it is everything I thyought it would be. It is very comfortable and is a joy to drive. I have the V-6 and get about 23-24 mpg on combined city-highway driving. This is about 4 to 5 miles better than my old Highlander. I do hope it proves to be just as reliable as the Highlander was."

very comfortable and ez in and out

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, and stylish"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"My 2015 Venza stands out in 2 areas. The first is its look and second is its comfort and convenience. I have a pearl white with ivory interior. It is so beautiful and eye-catching inside and out. It is so pleasant to look at it. Getting in and out of the Venza is effortless even though I am only 5 feet 5. The doors open wide and the chairs are not too high or too low, which make it ez to get in and out. The feeling is like I had a walk-in closet for the first time every time Iget in the car. The bad is that the wind noise is quite noticeable at speed greater than 50mph. The steering may be a bit too light. You have to hold it tight at 60+ mph. Comparing the Venza with my Lexus sedan, the faster I drive, the more stable and quiet the Lexus is. The Venza, on the other hand, is more bouncy at higher speed on the highway. Other than that, the Venza handles and corners well on local streets. Ride is not stiff for me. The Venza V6 is reponsive and powerful. I love the acceleration. If any of you knows how to reduce the wind/road noise, please let me know."

great ride

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "fun fun fun"

"very functional power tail gate fold down seats to large space plenty of power v-6 easy entry great visability holds value"

BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"GOOD HANDLING AND COMFORTABLE. DRIVES WELL ON SNOW. QUIET RIDE AND GOOD BRAKING."

in love

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NONE"

"The best car I ever owned."

Overall Awesome Car! great mileage

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, runs smooth, nice looking car, roomy"

Cons: "the interior is light grey... and gets dirty"

"For the last 5 years I drove a Silverado, I was ready for a change. I knew i couldnt go from a 4 door truck to a coupe. I knew it had to be a crossover. The first time i saw this car I fell in love with it.. the size was perfect, the inside was roomy. 2 months later i test drove a Venza and knew this was the one!. Great family car, great mileage, lovely car. Runs nice and smooth."

Perfect!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

"I am 5ft tall and my husband is over 6ft and we both love driving this car! I don't have to sit so close that my knees touch the steering wheel anymore and my husband gets to slide the seat way back so he can fit when he drives. It's very comfy. Very safe with all the air bags everywhere. Has many cup holders and storage space. The trunk opens at the push of a button. The back seats fold down and make the trunk huge! The only negative is that it does not come with carpet in the trunk. It's availible for purchase after the fact for $160. Overall, I couldn't ask for a better car!"

Solid ride

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "great power, fuel friendly, comfy, good resale."

Cons: "Electric power steering stinks, makes car darty"

"Have had great luck with this car, its a very nice first generation vehicle, electric power steering is one of the biggest weak points on this car. the 3.5 has incredible power, and is very frugal."