2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,451 - $26,493.

10/7.2

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

Not very satisfied with Venza

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"With my last three vehicles I got better gas mileage than the vehicles were rated. The Venza I bought has only an 18.4 MPG average for city and highway after four months of ownership. My Venza has a lot of wind noise even though the one I test drove for 30 miles had a quiet cabin. The rear door quit working within two weeks after I bought the Venza. There is no control switch to turn on the side mirrors which are supposed to be heated. There is a delay when going from neutral to drive and the anti skid light comes on. I would not recommend the Venza to anyone."

Good Value

By on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"6 months and taken (4) 600 mile trips, Powerful V6, great MPG's for a 4K lbs. car. Roomy, the new Elec. steering is effortless. not looking forward to replacing the pricy 20inch tires. But over all, a great value. only -"Negatives are the short cuts that Toyota did in interior quality. Just read the Venza Forums. Other cars I compared: Mazda CX7 & CX9= Both drove better more driver car contact, but no incentives at the time. Maybe next time , Honda CrssTour: UGLY Design Acura MDX: Pricy, over priced Infinidi FX35: Pricy too, but drove excellent. another 8K needed"

Give it a chance...you won't regret it!

By on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"I have NEVER been a Toyota fan. But, my husband was determined to buy me a Toyota this past summer when it was time to replace my car. I finally relented and told him that I would consider a Toyota as long as it was not a Camry...it seems 4 out of every 5 cars you meet on the highway are Camrys! He called me at work and told me to come to the dealership after work and drive the Venza and if I liked it, he would buy it. It was instant love! The "look" is very appealing; it is very roomy; it does not sit as low as a car, but not as high as some SUV's; gets good gas mileage; is priced reasonably; plus, it handles great! As for the design, there are no blind spots; which is something I am very particular about. Also, several years ago, I owned a Volkswagen Jetta TDI and when I drove it on the interstate, with posted speed limits higher than 55 mph, I could feel the car literally "lighten up" the faster I drove. With the Venza, you do not get the "lighter" feeling...in fact, with the design, it seems to hold the road just as well at 70+ as it does at 55. I would definitely encourage anyone who is interested in a luxury car to give the Venza a test drive...it has all the "bells and whistles" at a fraction of the price!"

By on Friday, September 03, 2010

Total Package

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Great all around car/SUV/crossover you name it. V6 has power beyond most people needs. Looks exceptional. Surprised with the ride in the back compared to other brands on the market. 20 inch tires all though pricey give the Venza very agressive stance. Fair price for all that you get. Style that will be around quiet a few years."

Excellent

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"I fell for this car right off the bat. I really liked the styling and the interior. It handles very well in bad weather and is quite comfortable. JBL sound system is awesome. Only downside is I'm not big on the "Camry" type grill. It also has a limited turning radius. Otherwise, it's been a great car so far."

GREAT PURCHASE

By on Saturday, August 21, 2010

"Purchased 09 AWD 6cyl. I truly love this vehicle out of any of my previous cars: nissan sentra, honda civic, honda accord, volkswagen beetle/turbo, toyota 4-runner and dodge durango. It is roomy, versitile, luxurious. Looks sporty. Easy to enter and exit, comfortable seating and handling. Only reason I did not give this an overall 5 star rating is noted cabin noise in speeds excess 50 mph. It is not unbearable but would like quieter cabin. But all in all I am very happy with this vehicle and would purchase all over again."

Not bad

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"I bought the V6 AWD w/Nav and Roof (Premium Package 2). I have the Silver one but i liked the white and grey. The car brakes well and is quick. More fun than the Honda Crossover overall. The CrossOver has better interior but that is about it. The JBL 13 Speaker Navigation is great. The Bluetooth streaming works well with my iPod Touch playing music without wires. The Backup camera is a good feature so you don't run over your kids or grandma pulling out of the driveway but too hard for parking cuz no guide lines like Morano and such. The 4 cyl is a great deal/value if you are frugal and don't need the stuff but the one I bought gets pricey since with the package adds another 8k. I was thinking of the Acura MDX but after adding the same options, it was about 15k more with less like pana roof. The roof is cool but needs alot of Windex. All-in-all, I bought it cuz of my new born son so minivan or SUV or something in between. Easy to get in and the cargo is low enough for my 5' wife to throw the stroller in easily with out a forklift. The back facing infant seat is tight and only can fit on either side of the back seat rather than the middle. The front passenger seat hits it when leaning it back at a normal decline but still enough space if not going to sleep upfront. There is some wind and road noise on my AWD V6 but not bad. Besides, I have the 16 spkrs blasting anyway when baby is not with me. I'm betting it is reliable cuz I have a 93 toy at 176k and still running strong. A little sloppy on the perfection arena but not noticeable but i compare it to my Japan plant built 93. Overall, I have no regrets and have a lot of fun driving it so far. If you can't face reality and your manhood to buy a minivan, be like me, get a modern day station wagon with 20 inch mags. I'll get the minivan for the wife."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"My wife and I traded in our '05 Saab 9-3 for this car. We were looking for an AWD vehicle with more cargo room, and we got just that! Initially we were looking at the Lexus rx350, but after comparing the specs, features, and prices it was a no brainer. Overall a great vehicle. The leather seats are very comfortable. The rear seats are unbelievably comfortable and roomy, then when added with their reclining feature it blows all my passenger's away. The cargo space is great. We have a 95lb black lab who fits comfortably in the trunk. The performance on the V6 AWD version is great, though as some have mentioned its not as responsive as a sports car, but....its NOT a sports car so why would you expect it to! Bluetooth connectivity works great with my IPhone and IPad. The usb connection is a really nice touch. The rear camera works great although can be a little tough to see clearly in bright sunlight. Would definitely buy it again if I had to make the choice again."

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dream Car

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"I bought this car, used (4,800 miles) barely one year old and wow! I paid 20K and by reading all reviews thought I got a great deal. But, seeing it, driving it, and looking at it, I realized I have hit the jackpot! It truly rides great and on the highway ramps; picks up speed like a 6 cyl. I have the 4 cyl base model with the 19 tires, but it came with a wealth of standard attributes. I am pleased and so are may others when they compliment me on this vehicle. I test drove the car AFTER I made the commitment to purchase it. I fell in love with it then. I recommend this vehicle to anyone. I chose it over the Mercedes 300 series, so what does that say!"

very good dependable car

By on Saturday, July 03, 2010

"A couple of little quality glitches (rubber moulding in roof came loose). One thing Toyota should do is put a larger fuel cell (it only holds 17.7 gallons) on the car to allow for a longer range. Only goes about 370 miles on a tank during highway trips."

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

Great Car but strange Cruise Control

By on Thursday, June 03, 2010

"Overall, a good value for the money. Cruise Control does not function like all German cars I've previously owned - it's basically worthless on long trips. When set, it will control speed going up-hill and on flat stretches, but any downhill stretch (or slight decline in the slope of the road) results in acceleration that "cruise control" does not act upon. One must manually use brake to bring speed down to the set limit. Dealer said "that's the way it works". Cruise Control feature is not intended to be used in any downhill situation."

Venza Happy Owner!

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I've had my Venza for a little over a year and am very pleased with it. The styling and color is something I'm always getting compliments on. Especially the color ( Sunset Bronze Mica) It is very roomy and the acceleration is awesome!You can get in on the freeway or anywhere you need to go real fast. I would suggest a back up camera because it is a very long car and pretty wide. The camera is exceptional (optional). You won't be dissapointed! And xm radio! And Remote start! And Navigation! Love It!"

By on Saturday, May 08, 2010

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Wanted to get away fr big SUV..this is a very comfortable ride, sleek styling and no problems whatsoever but I miss the interior room of the suv"

smooth

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"incredable vaue"

Amazing car

By on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

"I live in the NE and we recently got POUNDED with snow... this car held up to EVERY 4x4 on the road with NO problem. I call it my little tank. I was literally the only car on the road and was passing ditched trucks. The AWD is amazing... definately worth the extra money. Very comfy, the back seats recline and there is storage everywhere. I love the center console is adjustable there really seems to be some thought in the placement of the buttons, displays and storage in this car. Only downfall is the gas mileage however, I do drive a little crazy. This car also has great get up and go!"

Does it all without sacrifice

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"The AWD is the best I have ever driven in the snow. Have had Subaru AWD and they dont hold a candle to the Venza. Great looking car. Angry little wagon...grrr. Lots of room for cargo with seats up or down. Only downfall is 4cyl a little undersized and the mileage not as good as advertised. Also, the body paint that wraps inside the wheel wells has all flaked off from cinders of winter roads."

My favorite Toyota

By on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"I traded in a 2004 Camry on this vehicle in November 2009. I LOVE it! Have had the Camry, a Corolla, and a light truck from Toyota, and this Venza is my favorite so far! I got it because I now have 2 dogs that need to ride in crates in the back. Love how I can lower the rear seats with handles from the back of the vehicle - so convenient! It's roomy and beautiful inside. The first time I sat in one - a few months before I bought one - my husband and I were looking at Highlanders and I spied one of these on the dealer's lot. I was drawn to it, and my husband and I sat in it and I exclaimed, "This is so ME!" I had never said that about any car before. My Venza rides great and I get many compliments on its styling - everyone thinks it's beautiful. The only flaw so far is that it's not as responsive as my Camry was when pressing the gas. When I need to accelerate to merge on the highway or pass, there is a definite lag before the car accelarates. And the engine runs louder than I'm used to, but that might be because it's more SUV than I'm used to. I'm so happy I have this car - just love it!"

09 Venza

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

"The Venza is a great vehicle. the only thing I could say that needs improvement is the 4 cyl. starts and runs alittle loud before it warms up. one of the best parts is the room placed a 52 inch LCD in the back with room to spare"

Just Great

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I have owned this car for 3 months- handles great, cabin is really spacious and well thought out, ride is great and boy does it handle in the snow- They really got this one right!!"

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

2009 Venza

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I love this car! I bought mine in August, moving up from an 05 Corolla. I've driven from VA to CT and VA to FL. Very comfortable rides each time. Plenty of room for luggage for 2, and 2 dogs. I'm still getting used to the MPG difference between the Corolla and the Venza, but the Venza performed beautifully when I hit the NJ turnpike and really had to keep up with traffic. I would recommend this to anyone with a family of 5 or less, as there's no 3rd row of seats."

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next