• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,007 - $26,874.

10/7.2

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

good highway car

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Reason: Too many "blind" spots

Pros: "good highway car"

Cons: "poor visibility to rear, e.g., too many blind spot"

"^ blind spots makes difficult to back-up"

Better driving and better resale than Ford Edge

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, very quiet ride, good handling"

Cons: "A little pricey, maybe the shifter?"

"The 3.5 V6 is a much better drive than the I4. We test drove both and the I4 is very good but the V6 only drops 2 mpg city and 1 highway with much more pick up when you need it. Very quit and smooth ride. The shifter can be bumped into the manual shift mode if you are not paying attention is my only complaint. I drove two states away almost 500 miles from home to get one with the options that I wanted. A very nice first drive home to see if I had made the right choice. What a pleasure to drive on the interstate. Very quiet and held its lane with ease at 70/75 mph and clicked off 26.8 mpg at those speeds. I've seen complaints of ill fitting dash components but ours build quality seems very high, very Toyota like. We had a 2011 Camry SE and loved it with the 2.5 4cyl. The Venza seems to be everything we loved in the Camry and more. The Blizzard Pearl paint with the factory 20's is a awesome custom look for a factory ride. Our family loves our new Venza even more then our beloved Camry! Toyota definitely has their stuff together."

Roomy wagon....

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Nice design. Great vehicle overall"

Cons: "Large wheels on the rough road feel uncomfortable!"

"Nice SUV with too large wheels and good four cylinder engine.Comfortable on the smooth roads and good climate control.Very good vehicle for older people with easy exit/entry,way to thirsty for the four cylinder engine. With somewhat limited visibility. Toyota is fully responsible for installing the worst tires on the market. I had to change my tires early for a great Michelin tires, that significantly improved the ride and the steering, on VENZA, after spending over one thousand dollars extra."

Backing up a problem, 6 blind spots

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "good ride on highway; lots storage 3rd seat down"

Cons: "Blind spots, acceleration too quick"

"A "hair-tigger" throttle which accelerates to quick in reverse gear. Too many rear blind spots when trying to back up."

I absolutely love this vehicle!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Love the Bluetooth, SirusXM, and the space inside."

Cons: "I would still like to have the keyless start."

"We have driven Toyota's for a lot of years. This is either our 8th or 9th Toyota. We started with a Corolla (what a little "workhorse"), went up to a Camry (had 3 of those in a row, sharp looking cars), then we went to the Avalon. Beautiful driving and riding cars. Luxury all the way around. My last one was silver which is the color I had always wanted. I plain and simple got bored with the color. Our youngest daughter has purchased the last three vehicles when we decided to trade. Basically because she knew the cars had been serviced properly and even our first Avalon which I kept for seven years had less than 90000 miles on it. I had been reading about the Venza and absolutely loved its look. I had decided that I wanted to try them out. My husband was not very happy with me. He said I wouldn't be satisfied with it's ride. I have medical issues (back and leg). I told our salesperson what I wanted and he too thought I wouldn't be happy. He let me take a fairly new Venza home for the weekend. I loved it! It was just the right height for getting into. It wasn't too high like a SUV or too low like a car I just slipped right in behind the steering wheel. The seat was so comfortable. It totally felt like it was made for me. The ride is not as smooth as the Avalon but it is still very comfortable. After the weekend was up I told the salesman to find me a red, no leather seats, with the keyless start. Within two days a salesman found what I was looking for (no keyless start though). Now after 17 months I still am very happy with my Toyota Venza."