2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,094 - $26,246.

10/7.2

Based on 220 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Great

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

"Drive it and you will buy it."

I LUV this car! So happy with this purchase.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Drives like a sedan floating on a cloud!"

"I absolutely love this car! I originally was looking for an SUV as I have 2 teenage sons that are both over six feet tall and I needed a lot of leg room. There were not any SUV's that could come close to the leg room that this vehicle has...incredible! I was first drawn to this car because I absolutely love the look of it, the high profile tires is one of the things that caught my eye and gives it a "sexy" look. There is only 1 reason that I gave the interior/exterior 9 out of 10 and that is because some parts of the interior, around the dash are a little to plastic for me. However I have had no issues with them. I only wish they were made a little sturdier. But I couldnt be happier with this purchase!"

Lost Identity

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Cool looks, good height, decent instrumentation"

Cons: "Noisy, rough and stiff ride, poor quality fabric"

"I bought this vehicle brand new 2009 4 cyclinder when it just came out to replace my 2001 Highlander. My wife was the primary driver, however I have been the main driver for the past 2 years. I travel 66 miles round trip highway and surface streets in my daily commute. Ride- very stiff and uncomfortable, vehicle tends to bounce. Completely different from the ride from the SUV Interior Design:Good use of space, fabric seat is really cheap and readily picks up stains. Exterior- paint is not the best, I have the black and scratches readily show. Interior Comforts: The vehicle is noisy and readily transmits road noise to the inside, I tend to cringe going over train tracks. The dashboard is decent, but since my other car is an Avalon I am still wondering why 4CDs instead of 6, why not show all the KPIs on a singe dashboard instead of having to cycle through to access them (temp, mpg, etc). Summary. All my cars have been Toyota all 12 of them, but this was my biggest disappointment. Like the height but the trade-off with the tires/ride is not worth it. Get the V6, the gas economy is 22.5 with inline 4 engine, with the Avalon V6, got standard 24 mpg on my daily commute."

Sweet Ride

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Feels like a sports sedan more than a CUV. Love the looks and the interior design is top notch with a very contemporary look and feel. When you hit the gas the car doesn't hesitate to throw you back in your seat even at highway speeds. I've even felt torque vectoring when dropping the hammer at 60 mph. Friends and family all seem to be very impressed with the vehicle as it looks more like it should have a Lexus logo than a Toyota. I traded in a 2004 4 runner on this car so it took some getting used to driving more of a car based vehicle but I wanted something new and loaded out. (i have the XLE premium package) The new 4runner was out of range with these options, I have felt/thought maybe I should of just bought a new 4runner base model but overall I am happy. Cons, the gas mileage has been the biggest disappointment (part of the reason I went with this vehicle over the 4runner) I am getting about 15 mpg around town now that the engine is broken in, and dealer service says that's the average. Highway MPG is a little more respectable with around 24 mph if you stay close to the speed limit but if you want to go 80+ mph forget it about. Although the materials for the interior seem to be high quality the arm rest and center console cup holders already jiggle and shake when pressure is put on them in the tracks that allow them to open and close, also some of the faux wood trim will creak when you rub up against on the door. I am not that worried about it because I will trade this car in when it's paid off but for the next owner those things will be very annoying as I am sure they will get worse with age. All in all if you are looking for a vehicle in this class and have performance, luxury and style high on your list than the V6 Venza will not disappoint."

super comfortable

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, spacious, feel safe inside"

Cons: "gas overflows out with auto gas shutoff"

"I love my Venza, however I wish I had the awd version.... The only real complaint I have about it (besides not being awd) is that when I fill up with gas it ALWAYS overflows out with the automatic gas shut off and gets gas on the car. Otherwise it is so comfortable, easy to drive, and overall a great car!"