• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,019 - $26,886.

10/7.2

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Love this car

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Room, performance, style"

"Not only is it roomy and stylish, but performs excellent in all weather conditions. Living In New England the AWD drive comes in handy. Just wish they didn't call it a sport wagon,my husband will not let up that I bought a wagon. I prefer crossover veichle."

in love

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NONE"

"The best car I ever owned."

Very comfortable, good handling very good features

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Nice handling, good pickup (v6)"

Cons: "No specific problems."

"Use this car on the highway for long trips. At the end of the trip I am not nearly as tired as with previously driven cars. Good gas, mileage on highway (27-29) and decent gas around town (22-24)"

Excellent car

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "We took it in soft dirt down by the river, great."

Cons: "Has cup holders front and back. Plenty of room."

"Excellent car I love my car and I wouldn't trade it for nothing. It rides nice and comfortable, smooth, quite and alot of extras. If you are looking for a medium size SUV buy this one. It looks classy."

favorite car I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

"I am crazy about this car and rave about it all the time. Handles beautifully, no problem with pickup, love the look, and the interior space. Everyone who rides with me comments on the space in the back seat. We have driven it on 2 long-distance trips (one of 4,700 miles) and were extremly satisfied with the comfort and gas mileage."

Fantastic car BUT.............

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Utilitarian, stylish, power, bells and whistles"

Cons: "AWD w/no roof rack ???? Ridiculous"

"The car is versital , dependible and stylish BUT I can not believe Toyota would design an AWD car that will not accept a roof rack (factory or aftermarket). This is because of the panoramic glass roof."

Great looking, versatile, COOL ride!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, versatile, fun to drive."

Cons: "no backup sensors, needs more seat travel."

"I've only had my 2013 gray XLE AWD for a few days and I like it alot. I'm a car guy who loves looking, reading about and test driving cars, so when it came time to replace my company car I had checked out seemingly everything out there. I was looking for a reasonably affordable, fun to drive, good looking car with real world versatility and Toyota nailed it. In terms of looks, its in the eye of the beholder, I realize, but I think the Venza is one of the best looking cars on the road regardless of category or price range. The design is an exemplary example of form following function; great lines without being over-styled. The styling details, sheet metal work coupled with the nice details like the alloy wheels, some of the best looking out there, the dual chrome tipped exhaust chrome accents on the door pulls and the redesigned grill all work together extremely well. Some critics have comment that interior materials are not up to par with competitive models. I'll concede the point but the interior is laid out very well and the fit and finish are tight and top notch. Whereas some car companies apparently believe that cluttered confusion is synonymous with sophistication, the gauges and controls in the Venza are a study in simplicity; logical and easy to use, The seats are well designed and comfortable. I'm 6'-6" tall and very comfortable (no sunroof though!) although I could use just a bit more travel both back and down with the power seat. Even with my seat all the way back there's ample room for even someone my size to sit behind the driver. The Venza has thoughtful handy features like fold down rear seats with the flip of the lever as well as reclining rear seats and power tail gate. The XLE has home link which I really appreciate and the Entune audio/Nav system with backup camera is well designed. The only feature missing are back-up sensors. Given the Venza's maneuverability they may not be as essential as on larger vehicles but they're definitely nice to have. The XLE has smart key technology with push button start which is nice. I had remote start added by the dealer. It's integrated into the same fob and works flawlessly. Driving the Venza is very satisfying. I did not drive the 4 which supposedly more than adequate but the six is great. The Venza is very quick and despite its weight, feel light and nimble. Again some critics have taken shots at if for not being a true sports wagon in which you can carve through the back roads on weekends. Maybe so, but compared to all of the SUV's I test drove, the Venza feels like Porsche 911. The 20 inch wheels do tend to transmit a bit more of the road roughness but it's not unbearable. it's a reasonable tradeoff for the great looking rims. Only having the Venza for a few days, I can't comment on reliability but given our experience with Toyota and their reputation for trouble free driving i am not expecting to have too many issues. MPG is rated at 19-25 and it will be interesting to see how accurate it is. It runs on regular octane which was a must for me. Interestingly, a number of Venza owners have bemoaned the way Toyota has marketed the Venza as the ideal ride for empty nesters; contending that the approach hurts its cache, its appeal and overall "cool" quotient. Well, the fact is, that it is a great option for people in that demographic but its also a great choice for young couples with or without a child or two. The Venza is a very appealing ride that will work well in the real world for a lot of life styles. So if you're not impressed with the ad campaign, check it out anyway. You will be impressed. You might even agree that its one cool ride."

great ride and comfort

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pros: "comfort and ride plus more"

Cons: "have found no flaws yet in 1 and 1/2 years"

"The Venza is the most comfortable car I have ever driven."

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

"It is so comfortable for an aging body. Getting in and out is easy. Lots of leg room in front AND in back. Lots of AC adapters. Deluxe for long trips. Perfect for the over 50 crowd. Super look and more than dreamed of comfort."

Great Family Car.

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Spacious, Safe, Cmfrtble, bluetooth, rear camera"

Cons: "price,"

"Love my Venza, very spacious, both passenger & cargo. tons of leg room. Drives beautifully. Sun roof awesome. Moon roof not a necessary. I'd buy another one again. Ad is targeted toward "older" ppl. not"

Overall Great Vehicle.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Safe, Safe!"

Cons: "Really Expensive, console guillotines foam cups."

"I purchased a 2010 model Venza with the AWD V6 and really have nothing but good things to say about it. My wife and I went all out and got every accessory available except the Rear Seat DVD player(because of the rear moonroof). The car has plenty of room for a family of 4-5, we have a family of 3 and it really worked out well for us. The only reason we got rid of it was because of an uninsured old lady(76 yrs old). She ran a red light at 50mph and collided into me on the drivers side, causing the car to roll over and slide on its roof for several meters. The car handled the collision marvelously and I walked away from the accident with nothing but a couple scrapes on my elbows and a seatbelt burn from the locking and subsequent jerking of my shoulder back into the seat, and not to mention the hanging upside down part of my story. Unfortunately, the car was totalled by my insurance company, and so my wife and I are going to be in the market for another one. The only complaint I had with the car is the center console, if you're not careful it will guillotine your styrofoam drink cups and cause quite a mess. The V6 power was great, gas mileage not so much(avg. 18-21 city, 22-25 hwy), probably caused by the AWD, but I can say from experience the AWD really saved my Floridian butt in the harsh winter storms up north. Trust me when I say the car is definately worth a look, especially if you're like me and worry about the safety of your family and friends while they are on the road."

Roomy and versatile

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "seating/space; selectable manual gears; looks"

Cons: "tire size; cheap looking fake wood trim"

"My experience with my Venza has been great so far, with two small exceptions. I put a hitch on it, and it tows great, even though it's just the 4 cylinder. It gets pretty good gas mileage (it averages about 22 city and probably 26 highway), and handles well. Replacing its tires is one of the exceptions -- the tire size (245/55/19) makes the replacements super expensive (about $200/tire). Additionally, I am thankful every day that I paid the extra for the Poly Steel coverage -- because the light-colored upholstery shows everything! Overall, though, it's a fantastic car."

Love this Crossover

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Everything about it"

Cons: "nothing"

"Ready to return to SUV, loved my Camry, wanted more room and 4 wheel drive, this crossover has it all and more, AWD, bluetooth standard, xm radio, too many to list ..."

Love everything about the car except backup camera

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "fun, reliable, comfortable, great mpg, powerful"

Cons: "backup camera"

"Only other car I really loved was a Nissan Maxima station wagon - and this is better than that one and have had 28 cars in 30 years."

Completely Impressed with My Venza

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Very high quality, excellent AWD system"

Cons: "Back-up camera screen could be larger"

"I live in New England where all-wheel drive is a great feature to have in a car. I test drove a Subaru Outback and the Toyota Venza. I opted for an all-wheel drive Venza because it offered a little more room and a lot more style than the Outback. Plus, Toyota has a two year complimentary maintenance program that made it an even better value in my mind. It's great in the snow and I feel safe in it. I have had zero issues with it...no repairs, no squeeks, etc... It drives very nicely on the highway. I bought the 4 cylinder XLE and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Someone told me that the Venza all-wheel drive system is the same one as in the Lexus RX350. That might be why it's so smooth on the road and excellent in the rain and snow."

The best of both worlds!!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "price, great looks, plenty of room, fun drive"

Cons: "only room for 5"

"When we found out my wife was pregnant with our second child, I told her it was time to give up that VW Beetle Bug of hers. Having to haul two kids, two child seats, and a black lab, wasn't going to work if we wanted to cruise in her convertible bug. I have a FJ Cruiser which is another excellent Toyota, and our fun "adventure" vehicle, but we were torn on what to get my wife. We knew right off the bat, we did not want to stray from Toyota, they have been nothing but good to us in all 10 vehicles we have purchased from them!! We test drove the 4runner, the highlander, the sequoia, even the Camry. But then we forgot about this new crossover they came out with a few years ago, and looked into the Venza. Instantly we were in love. The look on the outside is real sharp, even for a Toyota, which is historically known for conservative looking cars. You immediately notice the full front wrap chrome grill, accompanied with impressive 20" chrome wheels (the 5 spoke one) and it just looks sharp. It looks classy like a Lexus RX with a little of sportiness like the matrix. The spoiler gives it a snazzy look, and the option we chose with the panoramic sun roof / moon roof is real sharp looking. The interior is spacious, almost like traveling in a first class air plane. It's huge! Plenty of room for 5 people, or in our case, 2 adults, 2 kids and a dog. We chose the leather / wood grain upgrade, very very comfortable and great looking. The center console is super innovative, with the 14 liter of space available to put all kinds of stuff. The cord management for your iPods / iPhones is a great plus too. The standard audio is pretty clear sounding with nice bass, as well as the Bluetooth option for calls and for streaming your music (gets rid of the use of an auxiliary cord). The only con that we figured out, was the loss of a 3rd row, but we expected that when were looking at crossovers. In the end, if you want the reliability of a Toyota, a car that looks impressive and not to "mommy" and a big enough vehicle for a family with decent MPG, then the Venza is top notch. We also opted for the V6 AWD, which was my push not the wifes. The extra pick up of the V6 and maneuverability of the AWD was a must in my opinion, but the other versions were decently capable."

Love my Venza

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Tons of room, good ride, V-6 power, good mileage"

Cons: "Turning radius could be a little better"

"We've owned several Toyotas, including 2 RAV4s, a Highlander, 3 Avalons, plus a Cadillac STS, a Ford Escape, an Acura MDX, and other nice cars, trucks, and SUVs. All in all, the Venza is the best of them all. We've loved our Avalons, and the Venza is a little bit like the Avalon perfected. The Venza has no-apologies room, especially the back seat, power, good economy for the size, room, and power, and it is a pleasure on the road. Mine is the V-6 AWD, and I think it was a great choice. Mine is black, and I've made it my "second job" to keep it shining; I added some chrome as well. It looks sharp!! I think the Toyota advertising misses the mark, and I'd feel better if the focus was on the fact that while it does everything you want from most any SUV, but with a much sportier look, contrasted to the cargo box-truck look of many SUVs. Ironically, my only disappointment is a wider turning radius than it should have. It's a great road-trip car, safe, dependable, reliable, roomy, yet with decent mileage. It really is the Avalon perfected: easier in and out with a higher vantage, good ground clearance but with a low center of gravity and excellent driving characteristics, a good ride, tons of space, and AWD. I'm really happy with it."

HOME RUN 2012 venza

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "too many to list"

Cons: "none as of yet"

"I purchased the XLT 4 cyl love it plenty of room in front seats and rear seats, power is good for a 4 cyl. The bluetooth is a blessing,can answer in coming or out going calls with a push of a button. Also can play my itunes wirelesly though the blue tooth,normally u need to hook a wire to the radio to play itunes not here. AWD is a great option if u buy the venza get the AWD u will not be sorry.Toyota hit a home run with this one. Traded in a 2010 HONDA CRV for the venza. venza rules"

A Reliable, Comfortable and Stylish car

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Style, reliability, comfort,features"

Cons: "Dash Trim fit, heater controls,tires"

"I used to haul 2X4's in my '04 Accord Sedan. I was hoping Honda would get with the times and build something innovative like an AWD Sport-Sedan Utility Vehicle. Toyota beat them to it. I chose a 4cyl premium package which included Panoramic roof, leather, Backup Camera, electric hatch and a bunch of other things. I compared the 6 cyl against the 4 and felt the 6 to be only marginally quicker... plus the 4 had nicer wheels imo. I'd say the Car is easily 8/10 in every category. The drivetrain is really well matched(engine and transmission) Shifts well, accelerates quickly and I can pass anything on the highway. Ride comfort on long trips is exceptionally good. The back seat room is incredible and with the theatre reclining seating, it's like flying first-class. There are 3 cons as I see it, the first one is in the trim department; the dash components are poorly fitted... things like vent bezels, speaker grills on the dash.. they are misaligned... no ball bearing test there. The next con is the factory tires. I really noticed the ride quality improvement when in Winter, I put Blizzaks on this car and it was actually quieter than the Bridgestone Dueler HL400's that came on it. One positive aspect of ownership is that there are many choices for replacement tires now. Back in 2009/10 tires would have cost about $320 each and it was either Duelers or Toyo Open country. now you can get better tires for around $200 each. Goodyear Assurance Tripletreads would be a very good all season M S tire for this car I believe. If there was something I'd like to see improved other than above, it would be more intuitive/ergonomic heater controls. 3 years and I can't set it without staring at it for 15 seconds. Also, the mirror defrost is part of the rear window defrost circuit but the button only shows the rear window icon. Maybe toyota could add a mirror icon to that button? The rear wiper control always confuses me because the thinking is opposite of what's natural to me. (Maybe Honda trained me to think their way ergonomically... I don't know...) I just can't learn Toyota Ergonomics That's it"

Just be a Good TOYOTA!

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "nice."

Cons: "in side look not fit the price."

"Is a Toyota. but is a Toyota try to do a little cheap and forget the detail. Good car but can be better."

One word - Sweet!!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, just as nice as it's Lexus version"

Cons: "NONE"

"Handles beautifully, excellent in snow or dry wheather, most comfortable for both driver and passenger, tons of room without spending in fuel costs, good fuel economy, love the leather!! got all the bells and whistles and it's worth it!"

Love my Venza!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great price, safety features, roomy, fun"

Cons: "base not great in the snow, plastic dashboard"

"I've wanted this car since it came out in 2009 but waited until 2011 to buy one. I bought the base model 4 cylinder in teal green. I have a son that is 6'4" and he and his basketball friends fit just fine in the backseat.I love that the base comes with so much! The safety features, blue tooth connection, fog lamps, anti lock brakes, traction control, AC, power everything and the list goes on. Yes, the dashboard is "plastic looking" but it wasn't a showstopper for me. I got a great deal on my car and don't regret anything BUT... I wish I would have spend the extra couple of thousand to get AWD. The car is not the greatest in slush or snow. I have never had a fear of driving in the snow (I live in CT), until I drove my Venza in a mild snow storm last year (3 inches). The traction control was no help and I felt like I was fishtailing. I was white knuckled by the time I finished my 45 minute commute. With that said...I would still buy another Venza! I would just get AWD. The BEST part is that my insurance company doesn't consider the Venza an SUV, they consider it a station wagon which makes a big difference in the premium. I pay more a month on my 6 year old mini-van than I do on my brand new Venza!"

Nice vehicle with some major issues

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Awesome exterior style, JBL Sound System"

Cons: "Rattles, Hard Plastics, Low quality leather"

"The Venza has a great exterior style. The interior of the car is where the issues come to play. The interior is made with very low quality materials. Lots of hard plastics and low quality leather. The Venza has a very firm ride which causes the interior of the car, mainly the dash, and the passenger seat to rattle. There is also alot of road noise and wind noise. The steering wheel has never been straight since the day the car was bought. Has been taken in twice for this issue and is still not fixed. The car is very comfortable to sit in, very large comfy seats, lots of cargo room. The JBL sound systems is great, music and radio sound amazing. The backup camera comes in handy. Driving the Venza feels more like a car than an SUV, except for the firm ride."

Not a Station Wagon!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Safety, reliability, family hauler"

Cons: "gas mileage, blind spots, cabin noise"

"Sure - it's a station wagon. It is also a very reliable, safe, AWD family hauler. The car has been very reliable over 3 years. Gas mileage is not as advertised (21 MPH overall). Safe - check. Reliable - check Stylish - not so much Comfortable - check"

Can't Beat It!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Handles exceptionally, gas mileage great"

Cons: "Haven't found the cons yet!"

"I purchased my Venza in 2009 and had concerns because it hadn't been around long enough to have gained a reputation, good or bad. However, I was driving a 2009 Camry at the time and had one of the "bad" ones, which all came to public light about 4 months after I traded mine in. The bronze color of the Venza captured me in the lot, even though I had never driven a wagon or SUV. I had the salesman drive me around first, then I drove it. I was hooked! I have now had my Venza for 3 years and have not one single complaint about it! It drives like a dream, gas mileage is excellent and I have not had one single problem with it since I had it. It handles exceptionally well in all road conditions, including blizzard conditions encountered in Colorado while on vacation. My next car will be a Venza, no doubt."