2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,094 - $26,246.

10/7.2

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Comfortable Car Needs Updates

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable, fast acceleration"

Cons: "Bad turning radius Needs updated"

"I bought this car for driving through Amish country back roads in OH. It's great for dealing with the snow, and braking is terrific. Comfort level is +++, and minimal road noises compared to other makes I tried. I love the backup camera, and would probably not buy another car without it. Cons: Gas mileage is not that great, compared to other makes in it's class; Turning radius is AWFUL. Does not come standard with remote-start, so I paid dealer over $1000 to install. This is standard in other brands. Also, personal preference, but I would never buy another car with Keyless Entry. I understand the security features by not allowing you to lock the car and leave it running; but preference is sometimes to leave Air Conditioning running while you go into a convenience store with door locked."

vrey good car.

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Good to drive"

Cons: "can't think of any cons"

"I love this car and have had no problems in the 5 years I have owned it."

Extremely smooth ride. Very reliable.

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Pros: "Very comforatble and reliable"

Cons: "only get average of 23 mpg"

"Spacious front and back. trunk space very large. comfort package is great CD, Bluetooth, Nav pack, sound system, rear camera etc."

Versitile, comfortable car good on snow.

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Reasonably priced."

Cons: "Gas mileage less than I expected in city driving"

"Good midsized vehicle with great versatility. Has good (but not excellent) back seat leg room, is easy to get in an d out, can be converted to a cargo carrier in seconds by folding down the back seats. Tolerates slippery surfaces and tire chains. Only gets fair gas mileage (20c, 28h)."

Totally pleased with the quality and reliability

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable reliable "tight""

Cons: "NO heated steering wheel"

"Would buy another one today. Stable and dependable in icy and snowy conditions. One of the safest driving cars I've owned."

Terrible Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Too many to list"

"Complete piece of junk. I'll never purchase another Toyota product."

Our 3rd Toyota

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Lots of room, ease to reach bluetooth and controls"

Cons: "blind spots when backing. nosie when on long drive"

"Venza has too many blind spots. A bit noise on long drives. We bought used. City driving is a bit sluggish when needing extra oomph. Overall very "good" vehicle."

very comfortable and ez in and out

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, and stylish"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"My 2015 Venza stands out in 2 areas. The first is its look and second is its comfort and convenience. I have a pearl white with ivory interior. It is so beautiful and eye-catching inside and out. It is so pleasant to look at it. Getting in and out of the Venza is effortless even though I am only 5 feet 5. The doors open wide and the chairs are not too high or too low, which make it ez to get in and out. The feeling is like I had a walk-in closet for the first time every time Iget in the car. The bad is that the wind noise is quite noticeable at speed greater than 50mph. The steering may be a bit too light. You have to hold it tight at 60+ mph. Comparing the Venza with my Lexus sedan, the faster I drive, the more stable and quiet the Lexus is. The Venza, on the other hand, is more bouncy at higher speed on the highway. Other than that, the Venza handles and corners well on local streets. Ride is not stiff for me. The Venza V6 is reponsive and powerful. I love the acceleration. If any of you knows how to reduce the wind/road noise, please let me know."

Fantastic in between an SUV and a passenger car

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, fun, comfortable"

Cons: "Sound system at highway speeds"

"Great ride, powerful to tow two motorcycle trailer and still get great gas mileage (23 mpg highway). Audio is a little weak at highway speed: have to crank it up a little more. Had to replace steering box per Dealer mechanic (under warranty at $3500). Seems like brakes go quickly at 5cm. Had problems with Toyota remote start: took 4 remote starter systems before getting it right. Settled on a Viper remote with the cell phone app to remote start anywhere. Was able to get lifetime Sirius/XM service for the radio. I want to pull the radio if I sell the car-the service is almost double now! Wife loves this car and if/when we are ready, she wants another one."

Great

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

"Drive it and you will buy it."

I LUV this car! So happy with this purchase.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Drives like a sedan floating on a cloud!"

"I absolutely love this car! I originally was looking for an SUV as I have 2 teenage sons that are both over six feet tall and I needed a lot of leg room. There were not any SUV's that could come close to the leg room that this vehicle has...incredible! I was first drawn to this car because I absolutely love the look of it, the high profile tires is one of the things that caught my eye and gives it a "sexy" look. There is only 1 reason that I gave the interior/exterior 9 out of 10 and that is because some parts of the interior, around the dash are a little to plastic for me. However I have had no issues with them. I only wish they were made a little sturdier. But I couldnt be happier with this purchase!"

Lost Identity

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Cool looks, good height, decent instrumentation"

Cons: "Noisy, rough and stiff ride, poor quality fabric"

"I bought this vehicle brand new 2009 4 cyclinder when it just came out to replace my 2001 Highlander. My wife was the primary driver, however I have been the main driver for the past 2 years. I travel 66 miles round trip highway and surface streets in my daily commute. Ride- very stiff and uncomfortable, vehicle tends to bounce. Completely different from the ride from the SUV Interior Design:Good use of space, fabric seat is really cheap and readily picks up stains. Exterior- paint is not the best, I have the black and scratches readily show. Interior Comforts: The vehicle is noisy and readily transmits road noise to the inside, I tend to cringe going over train tracks. The dashboard is decent, but since my other car is an Avalon I am still wondering why 4CDs instead of 6, why not show all the KPIs on a singe dashboard instead of having to cycle through to access them (temp, mpg, etc). Summary. All my cars have been Toyota all 12 of them, but this was my biggest disappointment. Like the height but the trade-off with the tires/ride is not worth it. Get the V6, the gas economy is 22.5 with inline 4 engine, with the Avalon V6, got standard 24 mpg on my daily commute."

Sweet Ride

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Feels like a sports sedan more than a CUV. Love the looks and the interior design is top notch with a very contemporary look and feel. When you hit the gas the car doesn't hesitate to throw you back in your seat even at highway speeds. I've even felt torque vectoring when dropping the hammer at 60 mph. Friends and family all seem to be very impressed with the vehicle as it looks more like it should have a Lexus logo than a Toyota. I traded in a 2004 4 runner on this car so it took some getting used to driving more of a car based vehicle but I wanted something new and loaded out. (i have the XLE premium package) The new 4runner was out of range with these options, I have felt/thought maybe I should of just bought a new 4runner base model but overall I am happy. Cons, the gas mileage has been the biggest disappointment (part of the reason I went with this vehicle over the 4runner) I am getting about 15 mpg around town now that the engine is broken in, and dealer service says that's the average. Highway MPG is a little more respectable with around 24 mph if you stay close to the speed limit but if you want to go 80+ mph forget it about. Although the materials for the interior seem to be high quality the arm rest and center console cup holders already jiggle and shake when pressure is put on them in the tracks that allow them to open and close, also some of the faux wood trim will creak when you rub up against on the door. I am not that worried about it because I will trade this car in when it's paid off but for the next owner those things will be very annoying as I am sure they will get worse with age. All in all if you are looking for a vehicle in this class and have performance, luxury and style high on your list than the V6 Venza will not disappoint."

super comfortable

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, spacious, feel safe inside"

Cons: "gas overflows out with auto gas shutoff"

"I love my Venza, however I wish I had the awd version.... The only real complaint I have about it (besides not being awd) is that when I fill up with gas it ALWAYS overflows out with the automatic gas shut off and gets gas on the car. Otherwise it is so comfortable, easy to drive, and overall a great car!"

Previous Van owners who depend on cargo space .

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Good all around car for City or highway."

Cons: "Rides a little stiff and some road noise ."

"found this Venza to do a super job of accomadating our needs but gave passengers a comfortable leg & headroom so we filled our needs without going for a van."

ghgn

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

"Two concerns tha I have are: 1. Lack of visabilty when backing out of a parking space. 2. Unable to see garage door opener switches at night."

meets needs completely for a family in the go.

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Great value, covers all the bases - AWD !"

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable"

"toyota reliability has delivered! Great in snow or at our summer home / beach. cavernous storage with back seats declined. My wife loves it! We have owned Honda Pilot. Honda Crosstour (both were terrific vehicles for us). The Venza rates #1 for us."

Totally Awesome car

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "Height, Price - Value, Utility"

Cons: "Slight more noise than desired from the road"

"The first thing I love about the Venza is the height at which you get in and out. Its just perfect. No stretching up or bending down. The engine is same as the camry - so totally reliable. Utility is great with space enough to fit large objects and still has a sporty look. The only thing slightly annoying is the road/wind noise when driving. I think that area can be improved...but I think its still best in class - just not Lexus level quality."

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER HAD !!!!!!!

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "lots of room"

"Best car I have ever had, driven, owned! When my 2010 Chevy cobalt shift sylinoid went out and we replaced it, it didn't fix the problem after $300.00, my husband told me he was done with that car do to it not having second gear and not being safe for the kids and myself. So he went and found me the 2010 venza! All I seen was a picture of it before he got it for me! I love all the room it has! My husband is over 6" and can fit easily in the back seat while the front seat is all the way back! Plus I have tons of room for all the kids stuff in the back! With having a teen and a toddler plus my husband and myself it gives us plenty of room. And with the reclining backseats the back seat passengers can be comfy on long trips also!"

Great car

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

"In my 55 years of owning cars about 40 all together this is on the top of my list"

Beautiful, reliable car but not comfortable

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "looks good, handles well, Toyota reliability"

Cons: "bumpy ride and plenty rattles"

"Very bumpy ride. Rattles everywhere. Get compliments on it all the time, so it looks good. Easy to keep clean inside but seats are not comfy. Have had no major engine trouble. Had to replace the tires at 28,000 miles. Not bad. Still has original brakes."

Really Nice Car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Eye Catcher! Sunset Bronze Mica"

Cons: "No lock on the glove compartment!"

"I think it's a nice car. When it's clean it looks really good. And I've have it for over 5 years. Keep it clean! Represent yourself right!Definitely get the navigation and remote start added. Those cold days when you get in your car and it's already warm is nice!Navigation helps when you are trying to find your bearings also. But now you can get that on your phone. But it's still nice to watch where your going and put marks on your navigation to come back to the same spot when you want to at a later time.I only own Toyota's! I get my money's worth!"

Love my Venza...

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy access, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Gas mileage & sight lines need improvement"

"I love the easy access getting into & out of my Venza & how comfortable it is to ride in. It has plenty of room for passengers front & back. Putting items in & taking them out of the hatch is easy, too. It performs very well, has a lot of pickup even for a 4 cylinder & hugs the road well. However, the gas mileage (22-23 mpg) needs to be improved as do the sight lines & the location of the gear shift."

Good vehicle. Missing some things.

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "good sturdy vehicle. tail gate lift works well."

Cons: "no backup sensors. backup camera image is poor."

"Bought this model before the backup sensors and side view mirrors had additional small mirrors to see along side the vehicle. Back up camera image on front dash is pretty bad during the day. Newer models may be better."

A surprisingly perfect family car

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and spacious"

Cons: "Wide turning radius. Watchout for Recalls"

"We have a 2009 Venza w/43k miles, the convenience package and JBL sound system. My husband bought this car pre-owned in 2011 with 17k miles on it. I was resistant to this car as our family car - the commercials showed only retirees enjoying it. But it is so spacious and comfortable. Fits two full-size convertible carseats with room for an adult to fit relatively comfortably - save for sitting in the rear with two toddlers. When my 16-month old niece visited we were able to fit in a third full-size convertible carseat on the rear bench! The reclining rear seats also allow the the girls to nap more comfortably in their carseats without their heads rolling about. At 5'8, the leg and hip room are unmatched! As for reliability: within the first year of ownership there were two recalls. The first left me and my oldest daughter stranded at Target with the engine dead, the brake pedal completely depressed and the car not able to be taken out of Park. When AAA arrived, the car was lifted on the bed of the tow truck and brought back to the dealership. It was a brake-sensor recall. The next time the check engine light came on, I immediately brought it to the dealership - yet another recall. At the same time my husband had been bringing in is 2008 Tundra in for some recalls as well. At that point I was ready to abandon the Toyota brand all together. But my husband still had faith and insisted that both Toyotas were worth fixing and keeping. Thankfully, since those first two incidences, I have had no trouble from the Venza. We do our routine maintenance, and keep up on the latest recall info from Toyota. Overall it's been a great car."