2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,004 - $26,871.

10/7.2

Based on 191 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

stylish, comfy car

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, nice looking car"

"I've owned this 2010 since new, has 49,000 miles. Got a great deal on it. I use it to drive to Florida and back to Colorado each year. Very comfy for up to 5 passengers. Can take four golfers with clubs. I get many remarks about classy style and smooth ride. My sister and a neighbor like it so much they both bought one. V6 AWD great in snow with plenty of power for the mountains. Over the road get 21-25 mpg, around town get 20 mpg. Reliable, with no issues so far. Might buy the next gen when it comes out."

Another badly built American car

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "not reliable, gas guzzler, and sub par interior"

"Remember American cars in the 70's ? There back in the form of the American built Venza. This car is large, comfortable and with every convenience, but the fuel milage is horrible, and the reliability is on par with a 75 Caprice. Mine spent six weeks at the dealer waiting for a new transmission in the first six months of ownership. All that happened was a speed sensor malfunctioned, but they can't be replaced without replacing the entire transmission. And, apparently, Toyota doesn't read the internet because they told me mine was the first time they ever heard of the problem, (I heard that same thing at my Chevy dealer in 1975) but there are whole blog sites devoted to discussing it. The car is not cheap and for the same money I could have and should have bought an audi or a bmw wagon. That's what I'll do next time - next month."

Overall excellent vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, good gas, comfortable"

Cons: "A bit noisy for a toyota"

"I purchased this car new. It came with a the towing package. I used to have a Tundra. The towing package has come in very handy. It has a 4 cylinder and it has been just fine. I was a bit skeptical about the 4 and thought about the 6 cylinder but the price for a 6 was pretty high at the time. With the towing package it has been all I needed. I have moved 3 times and I have hauled a number of trailers with no issues. I moved from Fayetteville NC to Raleigh NC, NC to AL and AL to Florida. Plenty of room in the back seat for tall people. The rear seats come down flat in the back so you can haul lumber (up to 8 feet) but watch the width. I go to the local Lowe's and Home depot a lot and there is not much I cannot fit in there. Mine is a 2009 so I have a plug in for my Iphone so I can hear the music from my internal speakers. Works great. I get about 26-28 MPG on the highway (no trailer). I get about 21-24 around the city. I live in a small town so a lot of stop and go but the brakes have been good. Just about 60 K and same breaks. I have replaced the tires and they are expensive."

BEST AWD VEHICLE AVAILABLE

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "IT'S AN AWESOME VEHICLE WITH NOT ONE PROBLEM"

"THE VENZA IS THE BEST AWD VEHICLE OUT THERE. IT IS ONE OF THE MOST COMFORTABLE CARS EVER. WE HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AND NO RECALLS WITH THIS VEHICLE WHICH YOU CAN NOT SAY ABOUT CHEVY, FORD, HONDA, VW, SUBARU, KIA, JEEP ETC.. BUY A TOYOTA IF YOU WANT QUALITY"

great ride

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "fun fun fun"

"very functional power tail gate fold down seats to large space plenty of power v-6 easy entry great visability holds value"

Very Happy Venza Owner

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Good value, quiet ride, nice looking"

Cons: "Gas mileage driving around town with AWD."

"I bought a used 2011 Venza with 18000 miles on it in April 2014. Got it with the 4CYL AWD. Came with the power liftgate, push button start, panoramic moonroof. After putting 7K miles on the past couple of months, I absolutely love this vehicle. Its smooth, 4 Cyl has more than adequate power for accelerating on the highway, the ride is quiet, good sound system. Highway gas mileage is better than advertised, however, with the AWD, around town leaves something to be desired. Overall I average between 22-26 MPG each tank. All in all I love this car and would recommend it"

The best car on the road

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride, reliable, attractive"

"I can't say enough good things about the Toyota Venza. It is the best car I've ever owned. My husband puts over 100 miles a day on this car and it still runs like it is brand new. I feel safe and confident in the Venza that it will get me where I need to be. My next car will be a Venza too. Why try something different when you have found the best."

A Non-Minivan with "Bling"

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "All around great vehicle, very easy entry/exit"

Cons: "Lousy front console cup holders"

"After 2 1/2 years I sold my retirement gift to myself a 2012 Premium Mustang Convertible. I loved it, but with 31,500 miles it was coming close to the end of its warranty. I knew if I wanted to sell it, late Spring/Early Summer was the time to do it. What to get? I wanted a pickup, but did not need a pick up. My significant other kept pointing out the "16" overall MPG. While walking around dealership on a Sunday when they were closed, I came across two nearly identical (2011 & a 2012) Toyota Venza. I had never even considered such a car, nor a used car, but both of them looked brand new. I think the owners of this class of vehicles take good car of them. It was SO EASY to get in and out of. It has TONS of ROOM. The front (and the back) seats are excellent. The back seats are roomy for two or three people. I finally decided on the 2011, with the lower mileage and navigation with the large back up camera screen, though I miss the marking of the Mustang's back up screen. Love, absolutely love the keyless entry and start up bottom. One locks the car by squeezing the door handles - how cool and never needing to fish for your keys. Love the panorama roof. Don't like the shallow and to large diameter coffee cup holders, but love the console. There are bottle holders in the doors. While I wanted a vehicle with a bit of "bling", red color, tinted windows, panorama roof and the 20" Wheels, give it "bling", I dislike the price of replacing 20" tires and they do the ride no favors. Overall, I love the car. I really liked the Mustang, but I love the Venza. The overall MPG is about the same, 22-24 overall, 25 and sometime more MPG on the HWY with the V6 and AWD."

Sleek looking and comfortable ride

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "design, interior room and storage, comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This car has so much interior room! Nobody ever feels squished. I am 5'5" and when we went looking for cars, I was almost too tall to fit in many of them, especially the rear, but the Venza is roomy in both width and height, especially in the rear. Plenty of room for my 90lb German shepherd. I love the dual moonroofs and the leather seats are very comfortable and easy to clean. My previous car was a BMW sedan so I was used to a high performance car handling. At first the Venza felt like I was driving a bus or truck, but now I am totally used to it and I can handle the turns well. We have the V6 - good acceleration when needed. Once you get up to speed, this car cruises well and I have to watch myself as I can get up to 75-80 without realizing it. The ride is so smooth and the engine and transmission operate so quietly. At first I did not like the stereo system, it may have been using Sirius which we stopped. But after being in an area with HD radio and putting in my own CDs, I liked the stereo sound more. The ergonomic design of the interior dash, gear shift and entertainment controls are excellent. I don't use the bluetooth feature, I hate talking on the cell while driving (even hands free) so I can't comment on this. There are so many well thought out storage spaces, even for sunglasses so I never forget them now. My only complaints so far are the gas mileage, I mostly do city driving and so far barely 19mpg. Highway driving in the Venza does not improve the average mpg much. The interior can be a bit noisy. I have no issues with rear visibility as others mentioned, using the reverse camera is easy. Steering radius could be improved. Overall I would recommend this stylish, space age looking car. It has the large interior feel of a full SUV, but the ease of driving a regular sized sedan."

Stylish, dependable all weather car.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks great."

Cons: "Could have better fuel economy."

"This is a great looking car. Very comfortable and reliable. Awesome in bad weather (with AWD). The car feels heavy, but it is nimble with the 20" wheels. It's not a sports car. Fuel mileage is my only complaint. Gets about 24 mpg on the highway. Overall great car and I would but another one with AWD."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive - easy to operate - love it."

Cons: "Blind spots & cup holders that are not deep enough"

"I love this car for ease of getting in and out - for driving comfort. The minus on this car - blind spots."

Only 1 Issue!

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Almost everything"

Cons: "Rear visibility"

"This is the best car that I've ever owned. I really enjoy driving the Venza. It is very stylish inside and out. The rear cargo area has a good opening and lots of space, especially with the seats folded. The seats are very comfortable. The sliding center console is very helpful. The only issue that I have is the rear visibility. Not really an issue now because I got used to using the rear-view camera."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride, tons of storage, great mileage"

Cons: "Sun visor not long enough"

"I've driven this car for over 3 years now, and I can say this is by far, the best value you can get in a vehicle. This car is so versatile. Great gas mileage, smooth handling and comfortable ride for long trips, very roomy, tons of room for storage, while also being realistic for everyday driving. My one and only minor complaint is that the sun visor doesn't cover enough when it's over the side window (but I'm just nitpicking). Truly a great car that I hope to have for many more years to come!"

just over 7k miles-better than showroom

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "drives as if race worthy but family safety"

Cons: "con is my back surgeries need zero gravity seating"

"additional options aftermarket-wheel locks; alarm-disable if broken into; paint protection-3m clearmask full coverage package added(hood, sides down covering lights-and side mirrors); added extra window tint; Bi-xenon HID headlamps-the tint added to state max to make car which has special black paint-attitiude black pearl-look extra dark with added tint on all glass including full glass panaramic roof; added remote start for summer time air conditioner as well as winter time auto defrost and heated leather seats to warm up; remote liftgate and additional cargo nets as well as rear matching Venza mat; added ipod/phone holder no longer available-full 7 inch rear view parking camera w/ sensor and split screen navigation or full 7 inch dispaly-avaialble to drive with manual auto stick-0-60 in unmatched 5.8 seconds for it's class-many other options"

good highway car

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Reason: Too many "blind" spots

Pros: "good highway car"

Cons: "poor visibility to rear, e.g., too many blind spot"

"^ blind spots makes difficult to back-up"

Better driving and better resale than Ford Edge

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, very quiet ride, good handling"

Cons: "A little pricey, maybe the shifter?"

"The 3.5 V6 is a much better drive than the I4. We test drove both and the I4 is very good but the V6 only drops 2 mpg city and 1 highway with much more pick up when you need it. Very quit and smooth ride. The shifter can be bumped into the manual shift mode if you are not paying attention is my only complaint. I drove two states away almost 500 miles from home to get one with the options that I wanted. A very nice first drive home to see if I had made the right choice. What a pleasure to drive on the interstate. Very quiet and held its lane with ease at 70/75 mph and clicked off 26.8 mpg at those speeds. I've seen complaints of ill fitting dash components but ours build quality seems very high, very Toyota like. We had a 2011 Camry SE and loved it with the 2.5 4cyl. The Venza seems to be everything we loved in the Camry and more. The Blizzard Pearl paint with the factory 20's is a awesome custom look for a factory ride. Our family loves our new Venza even more then our beloved Camry! Toyota definitely has their stuff together."

Roomy wagon....

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Nice design. Great vehicle overall"

Cons: "Large wheels on the rough road feel uncomfortable!"

"Nice SUV with too large wheels and good four cylinder engine.Comfortable on the smooth roads and good climate control.Very good vehicle for older people with easy exit/entry,way to thirsty for the four cylinder engine. With somewhat limited visibility. Toyota is fully responsible for installing the worst tires on the market. I had to change my tires early for a great Michelin tires, that significantly improved the ride and the steering, on VENZA, after spending over one thousand dollars extra."

Backing up a problem, 6 blind spots

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "good ride on highway; lots storage 3rd seat down"

Cons: "Blind spots, acceleration too quick"

"A "hair-tigger" throttle which accelerates to quick in reverse gear. Too many rear blind spots when trying to back up."

I absolutely love this vehicle!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Love the Bluetooth, SirusXM, and the space inside."

Cons: "I would still like to have the keyless start."

"We have driven Toyota's for a lot of years. This is either our 8th or 9th Toyota. We started with a Corolla (what a little "workhorse"), went up to a Camry (had 3 of those in a row, sharp looking cars), then we went to the Avalon. Beautiful driving and riding cars. Luxury all the way around. My last one was silver which is the color I had always wanted. I plain and simple got bored with the color. Our youngest daughter has purchased the last three vehicles when we decided to trade. Basically because she knew the cars had been serviced properly and even our first Avalon which I kept for seven years had less than 90000 miles on it. I had been reading about the Venza and absolutely loved its look. I had decided that I wanted to try them out. My husband was not very happy with me. He said I wouldn't be satisfied with it's ride. I have medical issues (back and leg). I told our salesperson what I wanted and he too thought I wouldn't be happy. He let me take a fairly new Venza home for the weekend. I loved it! It was just the right height for getting into. It wasn't too high like a SUV or too low like a car I just slipped right in behind the steering wheel. The seat was so comfortable. It totally felt like it was made for me. The ride is not as smooth as the Avalon but it is still very comfortable. After the weekend was up I told the salesman to find me a red, no leather seats, with the keyless start. Within two days a salesman found what I was looking for (no keyless start though). Now after 17 months I still am very happy with my Toyota Venza."

FABULOUS Vehicle (4 cyl FWD)

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

"We drove over 400 miles to purchase our 2009 Venza and we love it. It has a very smooth ride, responsive transmission and plenty of power. We average 26 mpg in town and 30 mpg highway. It's very roomy, comfortable and drives like a car. It is also very easy to park. Handling is superb and I feel very safe in the car. Snow is no problem for this car!, With all the standard options, you get a luxury vehicle for a great price. We plan on keeping this car well past 100k miles. I recommend the Venza to everyone. The only problem we have is who gets to drive it !"

Venza means Versatile

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Great interior, sure-footed handling, reliable"

Cons: "Touch screen disabled while moving"

"The Toyota Venza is a great all-around vehicle, and will work well for a wide variety of lifestyles. The interior is by far it's best feature. When you're in the driver seat, everything is at your fingertips with the steering wheel control for audio and wireless phone. The center counsel has excellent cord management, with two built-in iPhone holders, which snap shut when not in use. There's enough AC adapters so both passenger and driver can charge their devices. The rear seat is wide with lots of legroom. The cargo area is spacious, and when more is needed, the rear seats fold down flat with levers accessible either from the rear door, and each passenger door. The keyless entry and push button start are truly everyday luxury. It handles well, and the V6 has a lot of get-up-and-go. My five year old Venza has only been to the shop twice for a glitching error light. All-in-all, I've been happy with my Venza."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Handling, response, interior comfort, appearance"

Cons: "A bit too much road noise."

"My only slightly negative about this car, is that it has a bit too much road noise. I wish it were a bit "quieter". Other than that, this is the best (favorite) car I've ever owned. I've had at least 12 new cars."

Best Luxury Mini Crossover

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Automatic everything, interior design, handling,"

Cons: "Low visibility"

"We bought our first Toyota automobile in 1992 was a Camry XLE V6 than kept buying them over and over because trust the reliability history and low maintenance cost. Drove a 10yr old vehicle traded because was time on more upgraded features and having better interior quality. The Venza Limited is amazing similar to a Subaru Outback and Chevy Equinox our new Toyota is best in luxury. Top of the line in a navigation, heated front seats, moon roof, 20'' wheels, keyless access, extra 3rd row seating, rearview camera, blind spot detection, larger space in trunk and rear cabin of crossover. Have the most excellent value ever handles very well. Controls are simple using this SUV has a better ride its quiet in every available option. It was standard best in all the latest features navigation system is excellent along audio with iPod connectivity and great sound system from speakers. Toyota is best for us never had no issues out of none all were well maintained and oil changes done every 4k miles. We are counting more years on our Venza because its been absolutely the greatest on a smooth ride and has the best handling ever. Tailgate is automatic as doors are built great opens wide enough with interior seats are comfortable got 3rd row seating the 2nd row slides well and folds down into 60/40 split for having more room space. Passengers will feel really comfort on a smooth quiet drive and relaxing while having great support on all. Venza is an excellent SUV there are too much luxurious on a small crossover but worth being at higher price because have a excellent value in all that is standard."

Worth serious consideration

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value for the money........."

"This is one of the best Toyota's that I have owed. I have had two Camry's and a Corolla and the Venza is tops!! If your looking for lots of room, reliabilty and a comfortable driving experience look no further. The service that I have recieved is also TOP NOTCH, very worthy SUV, Crossover.........."

Surprisingly comfortable and spacious

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride."

Cons: "Turning radius"

"There s a ton of space in the front as well as the front. The car handles very nice although compared to a performance vehicle, i.e., BMW, the steering feels a little loose. It just takes a little getting used to it. The car rides smoothly and the sound level is good. It's high enough off the ground that the front bumper does not scratch the concrete parking stones when pulling onto a parking spot. The only drawback is the turning radius. Making u-turns almost always require a 3-point turn."