• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,019 - $26,886.

10/7.2

Based on 194 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

best car I have ever owned that I bought new

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "great looks, lots of power"

Cons: "lousy placing of windsheild wipers"

"I love the power it has. The all wheel drive is one of the best. I live on the coast and driving on the beach in the sand it does wonders!The only complaint I have is the ground clearance could be slightly higher.I love the gas mileage at 23 mpg for an AWD.One other complaint is the way the wipers are set up. It's very confusing & I've had my car for 2 yrs and I still get it messed up.It's a 2012 with 42,000 miles so that shows how much I like it"

Meets my requirements, but has some flaws.

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Very comfortable to ride in, especially during long trips. Outstanding interior versatility and carrying capacity. Excellent exterior design. Powerful engine. Steering is dead and unresponsive when cruising on interstate. Nudging the steering wheel doesn't work--you have to "tug" it--very irritating. Ride in town is choppy--20" wheels will do that, but I thought the Toyota suspension engineers would have figured that out by now. Transmission is okay most of the time, but it sometimes cannot figure out what gear to be in at very low speeds and simply hums for a short while until locking up--another irritation. Nav screen is washed out by sunlight about 75% of the time. Needs to be reconfigured to a vertical position. Overall, my wife loves the vehicle, but I am a bit disappointed in it overall for the reasons stated. I thought Toyota would have sorted out these types of things given its reputation for quality and market position."

Been a great car. Love the height, design.

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "All around drivable."

Cons: "None."

"This has been a very reliable car. Easy to enter/leave. Mileage good, but less than rated. The interior space is roomy, and attractive. If I were doing I over again I would buy it."

stylish, comfy car

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, nice looking car"

"I've owned this 2010 since new, has 49,000 miles. Got a great deal on it. I use it to drive to Florida and back to Colorado each year. Very comfy for up to 5 passengers. Can take four golfers with clubs. I get many remarks about classy style and smooth ride. My sister and a neighbor like it so much they both bought one. V6 AWD great in snow with plenty of power for the mountains. Over the road get 21-25 mpg, around town get 20 mpg. Reliable, with no issues so far. Might buy the next gen when it comes out."

Another badly built American car

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "not reliable, gas guzzler, and sub par interior"

"Remember American cars in the 70's ? There back in the form of the American built Venza. This car is large, comfortable and with every convenience, but the fuel milage is horrible, and the reliability is on par with a 75 Caprice. Mine spent six weeks at the dealer waiting for a new transmission in the first six months of ownership. All that happened was a speed sensor malfunctioned, but they can't be replaced without replacing the entire transmission. And, apparently, Toyota doesn't read the internet because they told me mine was the first time they ever heard of the problem, (I heard that same thing at my Chevy dealer in 1975) but there are whole blog sites devoted to discussing it. The car is not cheap and for the same money I could have and should have bought an audi or a bmw wagon. That's what I'll do next time - next month."