2014 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,274 - $26,344.

10/7.2

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

meets needs completely for a family in the go.

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Great value, covers all the bases - AWD !"

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable"

"toyota reliability has delivered! Great in snow or at our summer home / beach. cavernous storage with back seats declined. My wife loves it! We have owned Honda Pilot. Honda Crosstour (both were terrific vehicles for us). The Venza rates #1 for us."

Totally Awesome car

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "Height, Price - Value, Utility"

Cons: "Slight more noise than desired from the road"

"The first thing I love about the Venza is the height at which you get in and out. Its just perfect. No stretching up or bending down. The engine is same as the camry - so totally reliable. Utility is great with space enough to fit large objects and still has a sporty look. The only thing slightly annoying is the road/wind noise when driving. I think that area can be improved...but I think its still best in class - just not Lexus level quality."

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER HAD !!!!!!!

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "lots of room"

"Best car I have ever had, driven, owned! When my 2010 Chevy cobalt shift sylinoid went out and we replaced it, it didn't fix the problem after $300.00, my husband told me he was done with that car do to it not having second gear and not being safe for the kids and myself. So he went and found me the 2010 venza! All I seen was a picture of it before he got it for me! I love all the room it has! My husband is over 6" and can fit easily in the back seat while the front seat is all the way back! Plus I have tons of room for all the kids stuff in the back! With having a teen and a toddler plus my husband and myself it gives us plenty of room. And with the reclining backseats the back seat passengers can be comfy on long trips also!"

Great car

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

"In my 55 years of owning cars about 40 all together this is on the top of my list"

Beautiful, reliable car but not comfortable

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "looks good, handles well, Toyota reliability"

Cons: "bumpy ride and plenty rattles"

"Very bumpy ride. Rattles everywhere. Get compliments on it all the time, so it looks good. Easy to keep clean inside but seats are not comfy. Have had no major engine trouble. Had to replace the tires at 28,000 miles. Not bad. Still has original brakes."

Really Nice Car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Eye Catcher! Sunset Bronze Mica"

Cons: "No lock on the glove compartment!"

"I think it's a nice car. When it's clean it looks really good. And I've have it for over 5 years. Keep it clean! Represent yourself right!Definitely get the navigation and remote start added. Those cold days when you get in your car and it's already warm is nice!Navigation helps when you are trying to find your bearings also. But now you can get that on your phone. But it's still nice to watch where your going and put marks on your navigation to come back to the same spot when you want to at a later time.I only own Toyota's! I get my money's worth!"

Love my Venza...

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy access, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Gas mileage & sight lines need improvement"

"I love the easy access getting into & out of my Venza & how comfortable it is to ride in. It has plenty of room for passengers front & back. Putting items in & taking them out of the hatch is easy, too. It performs very well, has a lot of pickup even for a 4 cylinder & hugs the road well. However, the gas mileage (22-23 mpg) needs to be improved as do the sight lines & the location of the gear shift."

Good vehicle. Missing some things.

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "good sturdy vehicle. tail gate lift works well."

Cons: "no backup sensors. backup camera image is poor."

"Bought this model before the backup sensors and side view mirrors had additional small mirrors to see along side the vehicle. Back up camera image on front dash is pretty bad during the day. Newer models may be better."

A surprisingly perfect family car

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and spacious"

Cons: "Wide turning radius. Watchout for Recalls"

"We have a 2009 Venza w/43k miles, the convenience package and JBL sound system. My husband bought this car pre-owned in 2011 with 17k miles on it. I was resistant to this car as our family car - the commercials showed only retirees enjoying it. But it is so spacious and comfortable. Fits two full-size convertible carseats with room for an adult to fit relatively comfortably - save for sitting in the rear with two toddlers. When my 16-month old niece visited we were able to fit in a third full-size convertible carseat on the rear bench! The reclining rear seats also allow the the girls to nap more comfortably in their carseats without their heads rolling about. At 5'8, the leg and hip room are unmatched! As for reliability: within the first year of ownership there were two recalls. The first left me and my oldest daughter stranded at Target with the engine dead, the brake pedal completely depressed and the car not able to be taken out of Park. When AAA arrived, the car was lifted on the bed of the tow truck and brought back to the dealership. It was a brake-sensor recall. The next time the check engine light came on, I immediately brought it to the dealership - yet another recall. At the same time my husband had been bringing in is 2008 Tundra in for some recalls as well. At that point I was ready to abandon the Toyota brand all together. But my husband still had faith and insisted that both Toyotas were worth fixing and keeping. Thankfully, since those first two incidences, I have had no trouble from the Venza. We do our routine maintenance, and keep up on the latest recall info from Toyota. Overall it's been a great car."

best car I have ever owned that I bought new

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "great looks, lots of power"

Cons: "lousy placing of windsheild wipers"

"I love the power it has. The all wheel drive is one of the best. I live on the coast and driving on the beach in the sand it does wonders!The only complaint I have is the ground clearance could be slightly higher.I love the gas mileage at 23 mpg for an AWD.One other complaint is the way the wipers are set up. It's very confusing & I've had my car for 2 yrs and I still get it messed up.It's a 2012 with 42,000 miles so that shows how much I like it"