2011 Toyota Venza

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 37 38 39 40 | Next

Car Priced like a SUV

By on Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I bought my car in 29 June 09. I wanted a RAV4, but they can only fit midgets ( little people). The venza was a step up, much more room, for a guy like me 6'0" 215lbs. It is the 4 banger. This is the 12th Toyota, Ive owned. 2nd car with this engine. The color options were very strange. I bought a red one, cuz that was the only base model on the lot. The 19" tires and wheels are overkill. They are going to cost a fortune to replace. The engine is very low maintainance, but I have to constantly redline the motor to get on the freeway. They should offer a manual trnsmission. They should also offer roll up window style. The interior is very light colored, shows dirt very easily. This is a very heavy car, weighs as much as my 2001 Tacoma 4WD. So the braking is just like a truck. The entire car is on Struts, so they are going to cost around $1400 to replace. The A/C knnobs are very abstract and require too much hand + eye coordination. It also has dual zone climate control, which is totally overkill. This car is allot to handle, but much better than the Murano, or any new car available to date."

Love at 1st drive

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"AWD V6 with 20 inch wheels rides pretty rough for the price. Interior and exterior features are top quality. Sunroof limits seat adjustment for a 6'3" man. Highway milage in other than flat terrain is substandard, but around town mixed driving returning much better than expected results."

Exceeds Expectations

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"I bought the 2.7L AWD model in August 2009 and after 700 miles have been very pleased overall. This is my fifth Toyota purchased since 1973. It is good looking, the handling feel is excellent, and the comfort and convenience features are surprisingly nice for a basic model. The engine noise is a bit excessive but not unpleasant below 50 mph, at which point the wind/road/tire noise become dominant. I'm a really big guy (think NFL lineman) and I find the steering wheel adjustment range to be a little tight for easy entry and egress, but good for driving. Fuel economy is good (avg 24+mpg overall) and passengers (front and rear) have universally acclaimed the comfortable seating and convenience features. The "low-end" sound system is very good, and satellite radio is also very good. I've never had that before, and I will pay the subscription to keep it. The back-up camera display is too small and unreadable in direct sunlight, but covers all the necessary viewing angles. Otherwise, the controls are readable, intuitive and easy to use. I need to read the manual and learn more about the "parking assist" feature, which may be related to the "hill hold" feature and which operates at times that seem unpredictable to me. Once I understand why and how they are activated, I'll probably use this feature on purpose. The 6-speed automatic transmission with on-demand AWD is exceptionally smooth-shifting and is biased toward lower rpms and higher fuel economy, which I expected and is OK with me. If I need to "get the heck out of the way" the accelerator works well and the tranny responds quickly. It's not a dragster, but that's not what I needed or expected. I'm looking forward to the snow season here in the southern Oregon mountains to see how it handles with snow tires and AWD. I wish there was a good solution for a trash receptacle up front, but that's a minor point. My big yellow lab is happy and comfortable in the far-back, and I like the "soft-latch" electronic lock on the hatchback door. Overall a really nice ride that's making me smile!"

Versatile Crossover

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"I finally pulled the trigger after a few months of research, price check and deciding what configuration I wanted. So far it's everything I ever expected. I got the V6 AWD version and since I live in NY, I always wanted to get AWD. Styling is tops in my book, it's a Toyota but feels like a Lexus RX350. I was expecting the ride to be on the firm side as per reviews understandably with the 20" wheels but surprisingly still in the comfortable/supple level. Toyota managed to compensate the 20" wheels with very good suspension. The steering can feel a little disconnected from the road during stops but goes away as you drive. The V6 has plenty of power but with AWD, it feels a tad slower than the V6 FWD version in acceleration. The interior is a dream and you get everything you need including a large center console with MP3 connection, it also comes with 3 power outlets. All in all I'm very pleased with this new purchase, I've yet to test the AWD in the snow."

A NIGHTMARE & DISAPOINTED

By on Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"A NIGHTMARE !!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED A TOYOTA AND I LOVE THEM. I BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE WITHOUT ANY HESITATION BECAUSE OF THE LOVE FOR TOYOTA. WELL IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE. I BOUGHT THE 4CYL AND IT HAS NO PICK UP AND SLOW GETTING ON THE HWY. IT ALSO MAKES ALOT OF NOISE. IT IS A ROUGH RIDE BUT THE WORST PART OF IT IS WHEN YOU DRIVE OVER 50 ON THE HWY WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN THERE IS A PEIRCING WIND NOISE AND TIRE NOISE THAT MY EARS WERE HURTING .IT WAS THE WORST. I HAD TO CLOSE THE WINDOW. FOR THIS KIND OF MONEY I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO DRIVE WITH MY WINDOWS CLOSED. I AM SO DISAPOINTED IN THIS VEHICLE & TOYOTA.I TRADED IN A TOYOA CAMRY THAT I LOVED FOR THIS CAR. I WANT TO GIVE THE CAR BACK. I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY. I USE TO TRUST TOYOTA BUT NOT NOW. MAKE SURE YOU DRIVE THIS CAR ON THE HWY BEFORE YOU BUY IT. THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THE CAR IS THAT HAS A LOT OF ROOM INSIDE AND IT IS A NICE LOOKING CAR."

Previous | 1 ... 37 38 39 40 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Venza near Honolulu. See local deals