2010 Toyota Venza

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Overall Awesome Car! great mileage

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, runs smooth, nice looking car, roomy"

Cons: "the interior is light grey... and gets dirty"

"For the last 5 years I drove a Silverado, I was ready for a change. I knew i couldnt go from a 4 door truck to a coupe. I knew it had to be a crossover. The first time i saw this car I fell in love with it.. the size was perfect, the inside was roomy. 2 months later i test drove a Venza and knew this was the one!. Great family car, great mileage, lovely car. Runs nice and smooth."

Perfect!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

"I am 5ft tall and my husband is over 6ft and we both love driving this car! I don't have to sit so close that my knees touch the steering wheel anymore and my husband gets to slide the seat way back so he can fit when he drives. It's very comfy. Very safe with all the air bags everywhere. Has many cup holders and storage space. The trunk opens at the push of a button. The back seats fold down and make the trunk huge! The only negative is that it does not come with carpet in the trunk. It's availible for purchase after the fact for $160. Overall, I couldn't ask for a better car!"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Have owned my Venza for 1.5 years...and 55K miles! It has thus far been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned, hands down. I love, love, love this car!"

Excellent

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"I fell for this car right off the bat. I really liked the styling and the interior. It handles very well in bad weather and is quite comfortable. JBL sound system is awesome. Only downside is I'm not big on the "Camry" type grill. It also has a limited turning radius. Otherwise, it's been a great car so far."

Great value, room for 4 adults and bags

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pros: "Roomy, drives well, good fuel econ"

Cons: "sun visors don't extend"

"This car has exceeded my expectations. Nice ride, very comfortable, lots of leg room front and back. Many trips with four adults and bags for a weekend, works well. Have had zero mechanical issues. Original tires lasted 80K miles. Pulls a small fishing boat with the 4 cyl engine and it does just fine."

very good dependable car

By on Saturday, July 3, 2010

"A couple of little quality glitches (rubber moulding in roof came loose). One thing Toyota should do is put a larger fuel cell (it only holds 17.7 gallons) on the car to allow for a longer range. Only goes about 370 miles on a tank during highway trips."

Does it all without sacrifice

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"The AWD is the best I have ever driven in the snow. Have had Subaru AWD and they dont hold a candle to the Venza. Great looking car. Angry little wagon...grrr. Lots of room for cargo with seats up or down. Only downfall is 4cyl a little undersized and the mileage not as good as advertised. Also, the body paint that wraps inside the wheel wells has all flaked off from cinders of winter roads."

BEST YET

By on Monday, December 7, 2009

"My wife bought our Venza fall of 2008. Today I had it in for it's 34,646 maintance. (oil change and rotate the tire.) We haven't been afraid to drive it, and like all my other Toyotas, it hasn't given us a moment of trouble. I would recomend this vehicle to anyone looking for styling, safety, comfort and reliablity. Toyota hit another homerun!!!"

Totally Satisfied

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Purchased vehicle (FWD 6) under the cash for clunkers program and wanted something with good mileage, room for both people comforts and a trip to the hardware store, and a vehicle different from the crowd. The Venza was perfect. Great style, acceptable mileage, and quality creature comforts. Goes plenty fast for hiway overtaking and on ramps. My only complaint is the steering is a little slow."

Bye BMW... Hello toyota...

By on Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pros: "solid build, realiability, stylish, comfortable"

Cons: "none I can think of"

"I had two used bmw sedans... a 5 series and a 3 series and I put thousands of dollars into each of those cars the first few months I owned both of them. Just as I'd fix one issue... another would soon turn up and cost $1,000 or more to resolve. The 5 series engine blew with little over 125,000 miles on it just after being serviced by the bmw dealer. The 3 series I purchased to replace it was in the shop literally three days after I purchased it for a solenoid issue that cost $450.00 to resolve. The four years I owned that car I put over $5,000 in repairs and it still had maintenance issues. I got fed up with the constant maintenance and decided to check out the Venza after doing a lot of research against the rival models. I ended up purchasing a used 2009 V6 AWD fully loaded with just over 79,000 miles on it. I've had the car for 11 months and not one problem what so ever with it! The ONLY service I've had done on the car is two oil changes since I took ownership. I was fortunate that the previous owner fully loaded the vehicle with everything you can add on. I always found the body style of the Venza very attractive and when the opportunity arrived to own one I jumped on it. This is my first AWD vehicle and I will never go back to two wheel drive again. Both BMW's had HORRIBLE RWD traction in the snow but the AWD on the venza handled great. I love this car and plan to keep it for a very very long time. I'm just now hitting 89,000 miles and feel comfortable I'll get between 200,000 - 300,000 out of it. Toyota is notorious for making high mileage reliable cars and from my experience that reputation has been rightfully earned. The Venza being a crossover vehicle makes the ride height perfect for entering and exiting at my height of 5'6"."

Best decision I've made.

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"I puchased this car in November 2011. Bad winter for Snow in Ohio. Made it through even the worst patches. Ideal for hauling. Snooth on open road though there is a small amound of wind noise. Even my greyhound enjoys riding in the back! Mileage is ok for a car this size."

Very comfortable with plenty of space

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "Could get better gas mileage."

"Has plenty of room for 4 to 5 adults as well as storage space. The V-6 and all wheel drive gives good acceleration without the worry of getting stuck in bad weather."

favorite car!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "comfortable to drive, great amenities"

"The Toyota Venza has been my favorite car ever. It is the perfect size with plenty of room for large items with the back seats down, and it has plenty of leg room for back seat passengers. All of the features including bluetooth, sun roof, heated seats, satellite and navigation make it a very convenient car to drive on a daily commute or a road trip. The AWD handled beautifully in the snow. The nature of these crossovers provides great visibility without having to sit too low or climb too high into the seat."

Great car, easy to get into and out off.

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable"

Cons: "Good mileage but should be better."

"Large baggage area. love the sun roofs."

love my Venza

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

"except the leather is so cheap in it!! It looks cheap and feels cheap! EVerything else is great!"

By on Saturday, May 8, 2010

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

Completely Impressed with My Venza

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Very high quality, excellent AWD system"

Cons: "Back-up camera screen could be larger"

"I live in New England where all-wheel drive is a great feature to have in a car. I test drove a Subaru Outback and the Toyota Venza. I opted for an all-wheel drive Venza because it offered a little more room and a lot more style than the Outback. Plus, Toyota has a two year complimentary maintenance program that made it an even better value in my mind. It's great in the snow and I feel safe in it. I have had zero issues with it...no repairs, no squeeks, etc... It drives very nicely on the highway. I bought the 4 cylinder XLE and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Someone told me that the Venza all-wheel drive system is the same one as in the Lexus RX350. That might be why it's so smooth on the road and excellent in the rain and snow."

Overall Great Vehicle.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Safe, Safe!"

Cons: "Really Expensive, console guillotines foam cups."

"I purchased a 2010 model Venza with the AWD V6 and really have nothing but good things to say about it. My wife and I went all out and got every accessory available except the Rear Seat DVD player(because of the rear moonroof). The car has plenty of room for a family of 4-5, we have a family of 3 and it really worked out well for us. The only reason we got rid of it was because of an uninsured old lady(76 yrs old). She ran a red light at 50mph and collided into me on the drivers side, causing the car to roll over and slide on its roof for several meters. The car handled the collision marvelously and I walked away from the accident with nothing but a couple scrapes on my elbows and a seatbelt burn from the locking and subsequent jerking of my shoulder back into the seat, and not to mention the hanging upside down part of my story. Unfortunately, the car was totalled by my insurance company, and so my wife and I are going to be in the market for another one. The only complaint I had with the car is the center console, if you're not careful it will guillotine your styrofoam drink cups and cause quite a mess. The V6 power was great, gas mileage not so much(avg. 18-21 city, 22-25 hwy), probably caused by the AWD, but I can say from experience the AWD really saved my Floridian butt in the harsh winter storms up north. Trust me when I say the car is definately worth a look, especially if you're like me and worry about the safety of your family and friends while they are on the road."

A Reliable, Comfortable and Stylish car

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Style, reliability, comfort,features"

Cons: "Dash Trim fit, heater controls,tires"

"I used to haul 2X4's in my '04 Accord Sedan. I was hoping Honda would get with the times and build something innovative like an AWD Sport-Sedan Utility Vehicle. Toyota beat them to it. I chose a 4cyl premium package which included Panoramic roof, leather, Backup Camera, electric hatch and a bunch of other things. I compared the 6 cyl against the 4 and felt the 6 to be only marginally quicker... plus the 4 had nicer wheels imo. I'd say the Car is easily 8/10 in every category. The drivetrain is really well matched(engine and transmission) Shifts well, accelerates quickly and I can pass anything on the highway. Ride comfort on long trips is exceptionally good. The back seat room is incredible and with the theatre reclining seating, it's like flying first-class. There are 3 cons as I see it, the first one is in the trim department; the dash components are poorly fitted... things like vent bezels, speaker grills on the dash.. they are misaligned... no ball bearing test there. The next con is the factory tires. I really noticed the ride quality improvement when in Winter, I put Blizzaks on this car and it was actually quieter than the Bridgestone Dueler HL400's that came on it. One positive aspect of ownership is that there are many choices for replacement tires now. Back in 2009/10 tires would have cost about $320 each and it was either Duelers or Toyo Open country. now you can get better tires for around $200 each. Goodyear Assurance Tripletreads would be a very good all season M S tire for this car I believe. If there was something I'd like to see improved other than above, it would be more intuitive/ergonomic heater controls. 3 years and I can't set it without staring at it for 15 seconds. Also, the mirror defrost is part of the rear window defrost circuit but the button only shows the rear window icon. Maybe toyota could add a mirror icon to that button? The rear wiper control always confuses me because the thinking is opposite of what's natural to me. (Maybe Honda trained me to think their way ergonomically... I don't know...) I just can't learn Toyota Ergonomics That's it"

Great vehicle!

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I have had this car for almost 2 years now and have driven it just over 30k miles. The car is great and I have never had any regrets in purchasing it. Ii offers very good performance, is very roomy for everyone (front and back), and a joy to drive. Everyone who has been in my Venza comments on how much they like it. This review is based on a loaded v6 AWD version."

Great looking, versatile, COOL ride!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, versatile, fun to drive."

Cons: "no backup sensors, needs more seat travel."

"I've only had my 2013 gray XLE AWD for a few days and I like it alot. I'm a car guy who loves looking, reading about and test driving cars, so when it came time to replace my company car I had checked out seemingly everything out there. I was looking for a reasonably affordable, fun to drive, good looking car with real world versatility and Toyota nailed it. In terms of looks, its in the eye of the beholder, I realize, but I think the Venza is one of the best looking cars on the road regardless of category or price range. The design is an exemplary example of form following function; great lines without being over-styled. The styling details, sheet metal work coupled with the nice details like the alloy wheels, some of the best looking out there, the dual chrome tipped exhaust chrome accents on the door pulls and the redesigned grill all work together extremely well. Some critics have comment that interior materials are not up to par with competitive models. I'll concede the point but the interior is laid out very well and the fit and finish are tight and top notch. Whereas some car companies apparently believe that cluttered confusion is synonymous with sophistication, the gauges and controls in the Venza are a study in simplicity; logical and easy to use, The seats are well designed and comfortable. I'm 6'-6" tall and very comfortable (no sunroof though!) although I could use just a bit more travel both back and down with the power seat. Even with my seat all the way back there's ample room for even someone my size to sit behind the driver. The Venza has thoughtful handy features like fold down rear seats with the flip of the lever as well as reclining rear seats and power tail gate. The XLE has home link which I really appreciate and the Entune audio/Nav system with backup camera is well designed. The only feature missing are back-up sensors. Given the Venza's maneuverability they may not be as essential as on larger vehicles but they're definitely nice to have. The XLE has smart key technology with push button start which is nice. I had remote start added by the dealer. It's integrated into the same fob and works flawlessly. Driving the Venza is very satisfying. I did not drive the 4 which supposedly more than adequate but the six is great. The Venza is very quick and despite its weight, feel light and nimble. Again some critics have taken shots at if for not being a true sports wagon in which you can carve through the back roads on weekends. Maybe so, but compared to all of the SUV's I test drove, the Venza feels like Porsche 911. The 20 inch wheels do tend to transmit a bit more of the road roughness but it's not unbearable. it's a reasonable tradeoff for the great looking rims. Only having the Venza for a few days, I can't comment on reliability but given our experience with Toyota and their reputation for trouble free driving i am not expecting to have too many issues. MPG is rated at 19-25 and it will be interesting to see how accurate it is. It runs on regular octane which was a must for me. Interestingly, a number of Venza owners have bemoaned the way Toyota has marketed the Venza as the ideal ride for empty nesters; contending that the approach hurts its cache, its appeal and overall "cool" quotient. Well, the fact is, that it is a great option for people in that demographic but its also a great choice for young couples with or without a child or two. The Venza is a very appealing ride that will work well in the real world for a lot of life styles. So if you're not impressed with the ad campaign, check it out anyway. You will be impressed. You might even agree that its one cool ride."

The best of both worlds!!

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "price, great looks, plenty of room, fun drive"

Cons: "only room for 5"

"When we found out my wife was pregnant with our second child, I told her it was time to give up that VW Beetle Bug of hers. Having to haul two kids, two child seats, and a black lab, wasn't going to work if we wanted to cruise in her convertible bug. I have a FJ Cruiser which is another excellent Toyota, and our fun "adventure" vehicle, but we were torn on what to get my wife. We knew right off the bat, we did not want to stray from Toyota, they have been nothing but good to us in all 10 vehicles we have purchased from them!! We test drove the 4runner, the highlander, the sequoia, even the Camry. But then we forgot about this new crossover they came out with a few years ago, and looked into the Venza. Instantly we were in love. The look on the outside is real sharp, even for a Toyota, which is historically known for conservative looking cars. You immediately notice the full front wrap chrome grill, accompanied with impressive 20" chrome wheels (the 5 spoke one) and it just looks sharp. It looks classy like a Lexus RX with a little of sportiness like the matrix. The spoiler gives it a snazzy look, and the option we chose with the panoramic sun roof / moon roof is real sharp looking. The interior is spacious, almost like traveling in a first class air plane. It's huge! Plenty of room for 5 people, or in our case, 2 adults, 2 kids and a dog. We chose the leather / wood grain upgrade, very very comfortable and great looking. The center console is super innovative, with the 14 liter of space available to put all kinds of stuff. The cord management for your iPods / iPhones is a great plus too. The standard audio is pretty clear sounding with nice bass, as well as the Bluetooth option for calls and for streaming your music (gets rid of the use of an auxiliary cord). The only con that we figured out, was the loss of a 3rd row, but we expected that when were looking at crossovers. In the end, if you want the reliability of a Toyota, a car that looks impressive and not to "mommy" and a big enough vehicle for a family with decent MPG, then the Venza is top notch. We also opted for the V6 AWD, which was my push not the wifes. The extra pick up of the V6 and maneuverability of the AWD was a must in my opinion, but the other versions were decently capable."

Love my Venza!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great price, safety features, roomy, fun"

Cons: "base not great in the snow, plastic dashboard"

"I've wanted this car since it came out in 2009 but waited until 2011 to buy one. I bought the base model 4 cylinder in teal green. I have a son that is 6'4" and he and his basketball friends fit just fine in the backseat.I love that the base comes with so much! The safety features, blue tooth connection, fog lamps, anti lock brakes, traction control, AC, power everything and the list goes on. Yes, the dashboard is "plastic looking" but it wasn't a showstopper for me. I got a great deal on my car and don't regret anything BUT... I wish I would have spend the extra couple of thousand to get AWD. The car is not the greatest in slush or snow. I have never had a fear of driving in the snow (I live in CT), until I drove my Venza in a mild snow storm last year (3 inches). The traction control was no help and I felt like I was fishtailing. I was white knuckled by the time I finished my 45 minute commute. With that said...I would still buy another Venza! I would just get AWD. The BEST part is that my insurance company doesn't consider the Venza an SUV, they consider it a station wagon which makes a big difference in the premium. I pay more a month on my 6 year old mini-van than I do on my brand new Venza!"

The best value in its size it's a Toyota

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "Handling (AWD), fun to drive, great value, great looking"

"It's been about 13 months since I owned this car. I have the AWD V6 3.5L engine, I just read a review complaining about the car handeling in winter, well, as I live in Nebraska where we get a rough winter I have tried my car in the snow and while we have the black ice as well, I would give it 10/10 in handeling in that weather. This car climbed a hill with black ice on it while all the others couldn't. For sure the reason of that mishandeling performance in that review is because it's a FWD which you shouldn't expect much from it in such that weather. If you live in a state where you get snow you should get the AWD. This car is fun to drive and a very good looking espcially with the 20" wheels. Highly recommend it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Venza near Honolulu. See local deals