• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Toyota Venza

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Backing up a problem, 6 blind spots

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "good ride on highway; lots storage 3rd seat down"

Cons: "Blind spots, acceleration too quick"

"A "hair-tigger" throttle which accelerates to quick in reverse gear. Too many rear blind spots when trying to back up."

I absolutely love this vehicle!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Love the Bluetooth, SirusXM, and the space inside."

Cons: "I would still like to have the keyless start."

"We have driven Toyota's for a lot of years. This is either our 8th or 9th Toyota. We started with a Corolla (what a little "workhorse"), went up to a Camry (had 3 of those in a row, sharp looking cars), then we went to the Avalon. Beautiful driving and riding cars. Luxury all the way around. My last one was silver which is the color I had always wanted. I plain and simple got bored with the color. Our youngest daughter has purchased the last three vehicles when we decided to trade. Basically because she knew the cars had been serviced properly and even our first Avalon which I kept for seven years had less than 90000 miles on it. I had been reading about the Venza and absolutely loved its look. I had decided that I wanted to try them out. My husband was not very happy with me. He said I wouldn't be satisfied with it's ride. I have medical issues (back and leg). I told our salesperson what I wanted and he too thought I wouldn't be happy. He let me take a fairly new Venza home for the weekend. I loved it! It was just the right height for getting into. It wasn't too high like a SUV or too low like a car I just slipped right in behind the steering wheel. The seat was so comfortable. It totally felt like it was made for me. The ride is not as smooth as the Avalon but it is still very comfortable. After the weekend was up I told the salesman to find me a red, no leather seats, with the keyless start. Within two days a salesman found what I was looking for (no keyless start though). Now after 17 months I still am very happy with my Toyota Venza."

FABULOUS Vehicle (4 cyl FWD)

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

"We drove over 400 miles to purchase our 2009 Venza and we love it. It has a very smooth ride, responsive transmission and plenty of power. We average 26 mpg in town and 30 mpg highway. It's very roomy, comfortable and drives like a car. It is also very easy to park. Handling is superb and I feel very safe in the car. Snow is no problem for this car!, With all the standard options, you get a luxury vehicle for a great price. We plan on keeping this car well past 100k miles. I recommend the Venza to everyone. The only problem we have is who gets to drive it !"

Venza means Versatile

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Great interior, sure-footed handling, reliable"

Cons: "Touch screen disabled while moving"

"The Toyota Venza is a great all-around vehicle, and will work well for a wide variety of lifestyles. The interior is by far it's best feature. When you're in the driver seat, everything is at your fingertips with the steering wheel control for audio and wireless phone. The center counsel has excellent cord management, with two built-in iPhone holders, which snap shut when not in use. There's enough AC adapters so both passenger and driver can charge their devices. The rear seat is wide with lots of legroom. The cargo area is spacious, and when more is needed, the rear seats fold down flat with levers accessible either from the rear door, and each passenger door. The keyless entry and push button start are truly everyday luxury. It handles well, and the V6 has a lot of get-up-and-go. My five year old Venza has only been to the shop twice for a glitching error light. All-in-all, I've been happy with my Venza."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Handling, response, interior comfort, appearance"

Cons: "A bit too much road noise."

"My only slightly negative about this car, is that it has a bit too much road noise. I wish it were a bit "quieter". Other than that, this is the best (favorite) car I've ever owned. I've had at least 12 new cars."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Venza near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for